Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

His role in Hazard's goal was cheeky, referee got it wrong though, it should have been given as a foul. His goal was great though, typical Samuel Eto'o, great first touch and great finish.

How is it a foul? He got the ball.

I feel like if he starts scoring goals like the one he did today and carries on with the linkup he'll be the most useful striker we could use now. Chelsea doesn't (or won't) play a striker as a target-man - something most strikers like Falcão, Cavani, Suarez normally play (and something Lukaku also favors). We need the guys who take opportunities, like van Persie, Lewa and if Eto'o starts doing that for us (something Torres can still offer if he continues his recent improvement curve), it may work just fine.

I feel like this is what we require the most from our strikers, to linkup, and take those chances. Eto'o has two advantages over Torres imo: strength - I feel Eto'o is better for physical matches (although Ba is better than both on that - and only that), and dribbling/taking-on - although this one not because Eto'o is great on that (he is at most decent at this point in his career), but because Torres is terrible. So if he isn't bad physically, if he can pass by opponents decently, all we need him now is to remember his clinical finishing and net some of those few opportunities we create for our strikers.

If Torres carries on from his form in the past 2-3 games before today's, I think we'll end up the season with a decent amount of goals scored by our strikers.

can't tackle a GK when he's bouncing the ball.

Hmm, I think you're actually right. Check page 23 here: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

The keeper is considered in possession of the ball while bouncing it, so no opponent is allowed to challenge him. But looking at the same page, we should have had about a dozen indirect free kicks inside the area yesterday because according to the rules, the keeper is not allowed to keep hold of the ball for more than 6 seconds.

Goalkeeper bounced the ball as opposed to dropping it, if he'd dropped it wouldn't have been a foul.

Yeah, I checked the rules:

Hmm, I think you're actually right. Check page 23 here: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

The keeper is considered in possession of the ball while bouncing it, so no opponent is allowed to challenge him. But looking at the same page, we should have had about a dozen indirect free kicks inside the area yesterday because according to the rules, the keeper is not allowed to keep hold of the ball for more than 6 seconds.

I don't like limited forwards either but I'd take a limited forward who scores goals over a forward that does other things right but doesn't score goals. Either way I've never though Eto'o is a limited forward/striker, he has many attributes in his game some might be dull due to his years but he is only a stop gap this season in any case and he is starting to score goals which is why he was bought.

Easy to say you'd take a limited striker that scores goals but a limited striker wouldn't survive in our system. How many teams actually play with a 'fox in the box' nowadays? Football has moved on from these type of players.

But I agree that if you scoring goals on top being a good all round player then that's fantastic. I just get the impression sometimes with fans that they are stuck in the past a bit and if a striker is not scoring then he must be awful. The guy sitting behind me yesterday was saying Eto'o had done 'fuck all' all game. This was before he scored but I really wonder what people are watching sometimes.

Easy to say you'd take a limited striker that scores goals but a limited striker wouldn't survive in our system. How many teams actually play with a 'fox in the box' nowadays? Football has moved on from these type of players.

But I agree that if you scoring goals on top being a good all round player then that's fantastic. I just get the impression sometimes with fans that they are stuck in the past a bit and if a striker is not scoring then he must be awful. The guy sitting behind me yesterday was saying Eto'o had done 'fuck all' all game. This was before he scored but I really wonder what people are watching sometimes.

That's true, while Eto'o hasn't been scoring i think his overall play for us has been fine. Makes the slating off him bewildering, even more so given the time and excuses given to Torres.

I absolutely loved his goal at the weekend, the composure and power of the finish was sublime.

I thought the way he controlled the ball in the crowd, created space with quick feet then finished coolly and clinically was very Raul-esque. I loved his celebration, btw. Very passionate and the way he ran towards the fans was great to see.

I thought the way he controlled the ball in the crowd, created space with quick feet then finished coolly and clinically was very Raul-esque. I loved his celebration, btw. Very passionate and the way he ran towards the fans was great to see.

Ditto.

ETOO SIGNING CARTOON AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN MEGASTORE NEXT WEEK

Posted on: Mon 21 Oct 2013

Samuel Eto'o will be signing copies of the first volume of his cartoon autobiography in the Chelsea Megastore on Wednesday 30 October.

The Cameroonian striker, who joined the Blues in the summer and scored his first goal on Saturday, will be in the Stamford Bridge Megastore from 4pm to 5.30pm. Supporters are advised to arrive early to avoid disappointment.

All proceeds from the sale of the book go to the Samuel Eto'o Foundation, which helps provide emergency aid and encourages education, basic health and social inclusion for the disadvantaged in West Africa.

Please note that only 'Samuel Eto'o - Birth of a Champion' books will be signed. Once you have purchased the book - which will be available in-store priced at £12.99 - you will need to join the queue and be given a wristband to be seen. There will be a limit of one signature per person.

Terms and Conditions:

- Only 'Samuel Eto'o - Birth of a Champion' books will be signed. Once you have purchased a book you will need to join the queue and be given a wristband to be seen.

- Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.

- Only one signature per person.

- Once capacity has been reached the queue will be capped and communicated via the website.

- Megastore management's decision is final on who will be seen.

- Player appearance and timings are subject to change/cancellation at the last minute.

- Photo opportunities will be limited.

Damn living in Scotland, so lucky people who can go

big-smiley-crying.gif