Willian

Jase

The further alternative is to put Luis on the right wing. Seriously. I don't know how Atletico used him as a fullback last season because it's like watching Valencia when he plays there for United! Good winger though. Has a good shot on him and as Ivanovic on the right wing produces the crosses for us he can cut in and go into the box.

Luis IS a (very) good defender when used properly, though. You don't become one of Simeone's 'untouchables' in defence without having considerable defensive ability and tactical discipline; he demands more of his teams in terms of defence than even Mourinho does. Besides, I would argue that Luis was outperforming both Ivan and Azpi from early January right through until mid-February, but wasn't given the chance to build upon this upturn in his performance levels; as soon as PSG came calling, he was back on the bench.

Without being given a proper opportunity to acclimatise to our defensive system, it's inevitable that he will sometimes look uncomfortable when defending at LB for us. Whilst Atletico DO defend deep, their FBs are generally encouraged to be highly proactive in their tackling and intercepting because the rest of the team is so well-drilled/positioned when on the defensive. When Luis played at LB for Atletico, Simeone instructed him to be very aggressive in the tackle, such that he would either dispossess the opposing player outright, or force him into a hurried evasive action (either a dribble or a pass) that led straight into a dead-end covered by both a DM and the LM; whether Luis made the tackle or not, the end result was usually that the opposition lost the ball anyway. At Chelsea, whilst Ivan at RB IS generally provided with the level of cover/support he requires to defend effectively, the LB isn't (due to Hazard having the 'free' AM role), and so Mourinho prefers to use his best 1-on-1 defender (Azpi) in this position.

I know they are different. I just think and like I have mentioned, that if I have to pick between him and Oscar, both at their peak game, I'd take Willian 10 times out of 10.

Ah fair enough then. I still think the best option is to sign a true no.10 but with the ability to press. Someone like Gotze would work IMHO. I quite like Willian on the wing since it pretty much nullifies their left side.

Willian's position is a number 10 for me, think he's been truly magical for a few months now. This now forces Oscar to the wide role and we need better than Oscar wide right. No more square pegs in round holes, we need to buy a top winger in the summer and for me Oscar is either a bench boy or sold.

I am Chelsea fan first and foremost. I would rather see Willian and Oscar compete for the CAM position, whoever is better should play.

Any way fantastic finish to the season for Willian, hopefully him or Oscar can Solidify that CAM position next season. A RW is a must, Griezmann would be my choice atm.

Isn't Salah already a goner?

No. We haven't heard anything official about his future yet. Last thing I saw (IIRC) was Fiorentina plan to sign him for another year but nothing has been said since then.

No. We haven't heard anything official about his future yet. Last thing I saw (IIRC) was Fiorentina plan to sign him for another year but nothing has been said since then.

Yeah i know, but reportedly, there's a clause for Fiorentina to sign him permanently - which would be stupid for them not to use.

Yeah i know, but reportedly, there's a clause for Fiorentina to sign him permanently - which would be stupid for them not to use.

Montella's future is reportedly uncertain at Fiorentina. If he leaves and the new manager doesn't fancy Salah, we would still have him. Alternatively, if Mourinho convince Salah to stay, then it won't matter whether Fiorentina activate the clause, no?

Montella's future is reportedly uncertain at Fiorentina. If he leaves and the new manager doesn't fancy Salah, we would still have him. Alternatively, if Mourinho convince Salah to stay, then it won't matter whether Fiorentina activate the clause, no?

1st option is possible, new manager might want his own signings.

2nd option isn't so likely imo. Unless Salah is really determined to play a top club and risk spending months on the bench again.

Pretty sure it was reported months ago that Fiorentina exercised the option to extend his loan for another season with an option to buy a year from now, wasn't it?

Nothings happened yet. I guess he'll stay there for another season, if Mou still thinks Juan is the answer.

Edit - http://en.starafrica.com/football/chelsea-will-not-sell-salah-to-fiorentina-for-less-than-20-million-euros.html

1st option is possible, new manager might want his own signings.

2nd option isn't so likely imo. Unless Salah is really determined to play a top club and risk spending months on the bench again.

I agree. Hence why I said 'if' though. Never know with Mourinho particularly when we are lacking in the AM area.

Pretty sure it was reported months ago that Fiorentina exercised the option to extend his loan for another season with an option to buy a year from now, wasn't it?

Key word there - 'reported'. No official confirmation that they have actually activated it. Think Fiorentina are waiting till the off season before they decide, especially when Montella could leave the club.

That's what I remember too... his loan there would last two seasons... anyway, even if that's the case and we feel the need to have him, loaners can always call their loanees back...

I do think we'll be signing a couple more AMs though...

• 2 weeks later...

It's frustrating seeing him stuck in that RW role when the opposition just waits for him, no way he'll get something significant out of that position. I'm sure it frustrates him as well. It's not his position and its so obvious.

I'm ok with him at RW in the big games or the more challenging games for more stability and control, and the push he gives for counter attacks, but in the other games Mourinho need to find something else, for him and for that position.

http://i.imgur.com/zhmg32O.gifv

Will Mourinho allow him to express himself like that next season? It is not the first time he does this kind of stuff for Brazil (that elastico). Also judging from r/soccer, he played better than Neymar for large portions of the game. For the past 2 years it seemed like he was on strict orders not too try anything fancy. Hope that changes now that we won the league.