Willian

Jase

Firmio is playin CF, not robinho.

So, yea, firmio is a better option than the stagnant tardelli.And I would still pick a crap robinho over tardelli

I see Firmino as an attacking mid, not a CF. Tardelli isn't great, but that's the CF Dunga called up. The buck lies with him.

I see Firmino as an attacking mid, not a CF. Tardelli isn't great, but that's the CF Dunga called up. The buck lies with him.

I dont care what you see firmio as.

Firmio played as cf for brazil

Outstanding play for the assist (Luis playing him in on the left flank). Controlled the ball with his left and immediately went past his marker with his right, great burst of speed. Good delivery with the outside of his right foot.

That's more like it, Willian. That directness. More of the same, please.

EDIT: Found the superb long pass he played early in the game. The swerve in the pass is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mUn5OX-WCo

I can't get over how perfect that pass was. Jaw-dropping stuff.

Really looking forward to seeing him and what level he is at next season.

He looked brilliant towards the end of the season, really enjoying himself, lovely to watch...

Spuds fans said "why join Chelsea to sit on the bench" Ha Ha....

Even better. That's usually when Willian is truly at his best.

Exactly. It makes him unpredictable. He does not have that many options when on his own down a fixed flank against a deep sitting team. No wonder defenders had worked him out. All they had to do was cover his right foot. If so he would just pass it backwards. But with more freedom to move around, he can face unprepared defenders and gain momentum more easily. He has all it takes. Great athelticism, amazing workrate and technically accomplished. Never will be a great goalscorer but still can be an awesome provider. The assist was immense: Taking on the defender, ok with space he can always do that, but spotting the run, using the momentum for the free cross and delivering such a perfectly timed and placed ball with the outside of his foot at full speed is a world class trait. Let's hope he keeps that on. Him and Hazard hitting top form simulatenaeously and we would be unstoppable.

He's been one of if not the best Brazil players so far.

Ray Hudson was saying he's probably in the running for player of the tournament at this moment.

That's not saying much with this current crop.