Bayern Munich v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a perfect game to start Lukaku and see how he does against a big team like Bayern. Jose himself said he doesnt rate this game very high (most probably mind-games I know, and Im sure he wants to win it), but nonetheless, we havent got any better option!!!

Cech

Azpi - Iva - JT - Cole

Ramires - Essien

KdB - Mata - Hazard

Lukaku

Definitely go with experience "Torres" even if Jose do not rate this game he will want to win it badly for a start and I will pick will if available for this over KDB let see how this unfold

If you want to get this right we will need lots of luck or a really really good game.

As I said, you did not watch the game. This is not the same Bayern that was under Jupp. This is the kind of Bayern that is undergoing transition. Pep is trying to instill a different kind of tiki-taka, and the natural German instinct is resisting it. They're exactly like us. Undergoing change. Frieburg had two very pacy counter-attacks, and hit the post on one and scored the other. I didn;t say we are better than them, but they're equally bad as well. Saying that we need luck is just plain stupid.

110% true. Nothing like they were with Jupp in-charge.

Although Bayern play Peps Tiki-taka style, if the team is struggling he will revert back to how they were last season.

Like the match on Saturday against Nurnberg, that playing style wasn't working and midway through the second half they changed tactics and was much better IMO.

As I said, you did not watch the game. This is not the same Bayern that was under Jupp. This is the kind of Bayern that is undergoing transition. Pep is trying to instill a different kind of tiki-taka, and the natural German instinct is resisting it. They're exactly like us. Undergoing change. Frieburg had two very pacy counter-attacks, and hit the post on one and scored the other. I didn;t say we are better than them, but they're equally bad as well. Saying that we need luck is just plain stupid.

With all do respect I know Bayern a little better than you believe me. I know exaclty what's going on. I am sorry but Bayren are big favorites. Even though they are still showing a sloopy game its good enough to beat us. We were playing much worse againt Villa so be aware. Bayren has a much better squad. The chances are like 70 precent Bayern and 30 precent Chelsea. Ofcourse we can win this but they are better. Real is in a transition too and won us easily.................

With all do respect I know Bayern a little better than you believe me. I know exaclty what's going on. I am sorry but Bayren are big favorites. Even though they are still showing a sloopy game its good enough to beat us. We were playing much worse againt Villa so be aware. Bayren has a much better squad. The chances are like 70 precent Bayern and 30 precent Chelsea. Ofcourse we can win this but they are better. Real is in a transition too and won us easily.................

Ah, ego. I have nothing to say then. keep your opinion, it's cool. ;)

Although Bayern play Peps Tiki-taka style, if the team is struggling he will revert back to how they were last season.

Like the match on Saturday against Nurnberg, that playing style wasn't working and midway through the second half they changed tactics and was much better IMO.

Hmm yeah I did have a feeling that they changed. I wasn't sure about it though. But they still had their high pressing, unlike Jupp's containment. Plus usually, the striker and Thiago or Gotze (cause Kroos didn't start) would pressurise the midfield separately, that didn't happen either. I would go 50-50 on them being able to completely revert back to the tactics they employed last season.

Ah, ego. I have nothing to say then. keep your opinion, it's cool. ;)

It's a fact. Bayren are much stronger then us although they're not at their best today. We can win if we have a good game and they have a bad game.

Neither are they. Just some people getting a bit paranoid thinking we'll just let in 3-4 goals like last season.

there are alot of people not just on here who think Bayern will score at least 3 past us!

I don't think we'll get killed ,but I also don't think we'll win. Mourinho will play the same type of defensive thing he did against United. 1-0 or 2-0 seems like a reasonable score, Our back 4 has looked very solid. I'd love to see Azpi used as RB to deal with Ribery's pace (fresher and faster than Ivanovic), but I doubt it.

If Lampard starts I'll legitimately be mad at Mourinho.

My prediction: Lukaku to make it one 1-1 with a header in 87 minute and then he will score a winning penalty in the shootout.

That would actually be very bad for him, the pressure on his future would only get bigger than it already is...