Bayern Munich v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like its working for Bayern, also it gives us width especially against teams like Villa which will park the bus against us

Bayern have played so far with Kroos-Mueller, Shaqiri-Mueller ,Gotze-Thiago and Shaqiri-Kroos. Neither of them play the #10 role. #10 role is meant only for one. it's a common misunderstanding that it is a name for the players in the middle. it actually means a trequartista, which can play on the wings too. All the two combinations, none of them are pure #10's except Gotze or to some extent Kroos. Shaqiri and Mueller drift to the wings, with the German having the ability to play as second striker, and Thiago , Kroos come back to defend and hold alongside Schweini. Having more than one trequartista, means having two connectors that connect the midfield to the front line. Imagine a water sink, and one drainage hole. You need only one connector, having two, either slows down the process, or leaks all the garbage out. In the same way, having two trequartista's who hog the ball and create space and exploit holes is detrimental to a team's play. No team has been retarded enough to try that. Until now atleast.

Once again another common misunderstanding is that Chelsea have no width. The wide players cut inside, i.e. KDB, Hazard, or whoever is on the flanks. Ivanovic and Cole provide more than enough width by pushing forward. Moreover in a possession based strategy we don't need width to break down buses. again what Villa did is organized defending, not parking the bus. If width was needed, than Barcelona would not have had so many shots on target.

I think there's only two ways this match will go...

1) End to end action with the defense's being stretched!

2) A boring draw, similar to the one against Utd with the match going to penalties

4-4-1-1 with energetic tracking back/pressing

Cech

Azpi - DavidLuiz -Terry - Cole

Schurrle- Mikel- Rami- Hazard

--------Oscar--------

Lukaku

Believe we will need to go for an energetic team against Bayern, if we can press them high up they will cause themselves problems. That is the team I'd go for too, except for maybe Ivanovic in at CB instead of Luiz depending on fitness but I suppose Luiz can start attacks from defence.

4-4-1-1 with energetic tracking back/pressing

Cech

Azpi - DavidLuiz -Terry - Cole

Schurrle- Mikel- Rami- Hazard

--------Oscar--------

Lukaku

The thing is, many of the 'new' formations out there are all just variations of the same...

With 4 on the back, there are really only 4-4-2/4-2-3-1/4-3-3. The rest are just inventions that dont praticly change anything!

4-5-1, 4-2-1-3 and 4-4-1-1 are all hidden 4-2-3-1s; 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-2-2-2 are all different 4-4-2s; and those Arsenal like lineups of 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-1-2 are all 4-3-3s.

The only cool formation that allows a good bit of creativity is by playing with 3 on the back (3-4-3, 3-5-2, 3-6-1, etc), the rest is all just managers trying to pretend they are football.

Anyways mate, my intent was just to show that we will be playing 4-2-3-1 and end of story. Of course we can hope Jose asks for attacking players to track back and defend for their lifes, but it will always be 4-2-3-1 no matter what we do. For instance, our wingers tracked back a lot in the Manure fixture, but I didnt hear anyone saying it wasnt the classic 4-2-3-1.

Not that I find your idea bad, it is actually very good, but I dont like this notion of 183785938381 variations of the same formations. It seems to me that people (not a dig at you, please) like to complicate things just for the sake of it.

The team itself is really our best option though. ;)

The thing is, many of the 'new' formations out there are all just variations of the same...

With 4 on the back, there are really only 4-4-2/4-2-3-1/4-3-3. The rest are just inventions that dont praticly change anything!

4-5-1, 4-2-1-3 and 4-4-1-1 are all a hidden 4-2-3-1; 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-2-2-2 are all a different 4-4-2s and those Arsenal like lineups of 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-1-2 are all 4-3-3s.

The only cool formation that allows a good bit of creativity is by playing with 3 on the back (3-4-3, 3-5-2, 3-6-1, etc), the rest is all just managers trying to pretend they are football.

Anyways mate, my intent was just to show that we will be playing 4-2-3-1 and end of story. Of course we can hope Jose asks for attacking players to track back and defend for their lifes, but it will always be 4-2-3-1 no matter what we do. For instance, our wingers tracked back a lot in the Manure fixture, but I didnt hear anyone saying it wasnt the classic 4-2-3-1.

Not that I find your idea bad, it is actually very good, but I dont like this notion of 183785938381 variations of the same formations. It seems to me that people (not a dig at you, please) like to complicate things just for the sake of it.

The team itself is really our best option though. ;)

Yes. 4-4-1-1 is just a defensive 4-2-3-1. basically 2 lines of 4 players across the pitch with 2 players in central attacking role

just no Lampard in the starting 11 then I am a happy man, also would prefer Mata starts the game too

I think Lampard has a 'psychological advantage' for this match. He was a captain in the final last time we met Bayern.

I think Lampard has a 'psychological advantage' for this match. He was a captain in the final last time we met Bayern.

We should play him now and Mourinho can ease him to the bench for the premiership.

Kinda like the last time he's gonna start 4-5 games in a row.

It's not like we can make our legend a squad player that easily

Doubt it, he'll see it as another trophy for our and his collection

And that's exactly how it should be seen, I realize that the priority is the premier league. But I would love to win this cup again given the fact that we haven't won it since 1998. There are no guarantees that we'll ever get a chance to play in another super cup final. So I really hope that we make the best of this opportunity, because there aren't that many teams that have played in two back to back Super Cup finals. I checked the Super Cup finalists list on Wikipedia, and I noticed that the only ones to do it were Milan, Liverpool, Ajax, and Porto.

Things that will definitely be happening in this match:

1. Lukaku will not start

2. Schurrle will not start

3. Torres probably will start

4. Oscar and Hazard will 100% start

5. Mata will probably start

6. Ramires will definitely start

7. Back four and Cech will stay in the team

So the only change for MU game is Lampard will probably/hopefully be dropped for Mikel/Essien and Schurrle will be dropped for Torres