Bayern Munich v Chelsea

Jase

I know Mourinho is too conservative as a coach but I would like us to play a 4-1-4-1 formation with 2 play makers.

Cech Cech Cech

Azp Luiz Terry Cole Azp Ivan Luiz Bertrand Ivan Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires or Ramires Mikel

Willian Mata Oscar Hazard KDB Oscar Van Ginkel Hazard Shcurrle Mata Oscar hazard

Lukaku Lukaku Torres

THIS.

4-1-4-1 is the way forward! Bayern use this formation and it wont be long until most top teams start using this system imo.

I would love to see us start playing this team in upcoming games

Cech

Ivanoivc - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires

Willian - Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Eto'o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things that will definitely be happening in this match:

1. Lukaku will not start

2. Schurrle will not start

3. Torres probably will start

4. Oscar and Hazard will 100% start

5. Mata will probably start

6. Ramires will definitely start

7. Back four and Cech will stay in the team

So the only change for MU game is Lampard will probably/hopefully be dropped for Mikel/Essien and Schurrle will be dropped for Torres

definitely and probably dont go well together. :)

The thing is, many of the 'new' formations out there are all just variations of the same...

With 4 on the back, there are really only 4-4-2/4-2-3-1/4-3-3. The rest are just inventions that dont praticly change anything!

4-5-1, 4-2-1-3 and 4-4-1-1 are all hidden 4-2-3-1s; 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-2-2-2 are all different 4-4-2s; and those Arsenal like lineups of 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-1-2 are all 4-3-3s.

The only cool formation that allows a good bit of creativity is by playing with 3 on the back (3-4-3, 3-5-2, 3-6-1, etc), the rest is all just managers trying to pretend they are football.

Anyways mate, my intent was just to show that we will be playing 4-2-3-1 and end of story. Of course we can hope Jose asks for attacking players to track back and defend for their lifes, but it will always be 4-2-3-1 no matter what we do. For instance, our wingers tracked back a lot in the Manure fixture, but I didnt hear anyone saying it wasnt the classic 4-2-3-1.

Not that I find your idea bad, it is actually very good, but I dont like this notion of 183785938381 variations of the same formations. It seems to me that people (not a dig at you, please) like to complicate things just for the sake of it.

The team itself is really our best option though. ;)

I dont like that.The apporach and the strategy the managers wants is crucial before every match, if you want to play a defensive approach even a 343 will be look like a 523 the whole match, just like our 4231 looked like a 6-3-1 since Rami and Lampard were in a very defensive positions most of the time.

433 is a very flexible formation, could change to a simple 442 in defensive position but if you want to build from the back, there is a difference playing with a 41212 than a 442 or a 443.Just like in the 2004-2005 season when we played against some sides with a 41212 formation (Just look at Bolton-Chelsea) against others, we used more pacey players on the wings in a 433 because we have to adept and play the strongest formation to suit the players we want to field.Drogba did not play much with Eidur when we played with only one striker (even if at times Gudjohnsen played with Lampard in midfield) and when we use the two strikers at the same time there is one winger or even two that are sacrificed in that match because we needed different profile to score.

Start with something that is tried and tested like:

ivan--luiz--terry--cole

-----mikel--ramires------

mata---Oscar---hazard---

---------Torres---------

Subs:

lukaku for torres

van ginkel for mikel/ramires

kdb for mata

Schweinsteiger travels happily with the team to Prague and wants to play. Seems like he can make it.

2. Schurrle will not start

5. Mata will probably start

Not so sure about this. I can see Schürrle for Mata again, because Schürrle does more defensive work and can be a threat at quick counter attacks that Bayern has problems dealing with. Mata in for Oscar might happen. It's hard to see whether he's fit to start or not. But as a lot of tracking back and other defensive work will be required tomorrow, Juan might be benched again. Media would be bitching again though.

Something a little different that could work aswell:

ivan----luiz----terry---cole

------mikel---ramires----

kdb-----mata-----hazard

---------lukaku-----------

subs:

van Ginkel for Mikel/ Ramires

Oscar for mata

torres for lukaku

the team for me is simple... need to play mata, mvg, azpi, luiz,mikel, bert,lukaku to give them some much needed game time.

cech

azpi luiz JT bertrand

mvg mikel

willian mata hazard

lukaku

subs - schwarzer, iva, cahill, rambo, torres, schurlle, oscar.

hazard needs to step up and show some of his magic. mata needs to show every1 who still is the no.1 no.10 in town.

the team for me is simple... need to play mata, mvg, azpi, luiz,mikel, bert,lukaku to give them some much needed game time.

cech

azpi luiz JT bertrand

mvg mikel

willian mata hazard

lukaku

hazard needs to step up and show some of his magic. mata needs to show every1 who still is the no.1 no.10 in town.

I doubt Willian will play.

cech

azpi luiz JT bertrand

mvg mikel

willian mata hazard

lukaku

Once again, he hasn't been registered guyys. no no Willian.

I think this will be the team -

Cech

Ramires - Mikel

Willian - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Torres has a pretty good record of scoring in cup finals i think Jose will start him!

WHY DON'T PEOPLE LISTEN TO ME :cry: . Willian isn't registered. :(

cech

azpi luiz JT bertrand

mvg mikel

willian mata hazard

lukaku

ok then. take out willian and play,,, ummm...

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers, let him go, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.... KDB IT IS. :)

Because the more De Bruyne has the ball, the better he plays.

Cech

Ramires - Mikel

Willian - KDB - Hazard

Torres

or (but this is maybe a little too offensive)

Cech

Ramires - KDB

Willian - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Because the more De Bruyne has the ball, the better he plays.

Cech

Ramires - Mikel

Willian - KDB - Hazard

Torres

or (but this is maybe a little too offensive)

Cech

Ramires - KDB

Willian - Mata - Hazard

Torres

I'm getting my post count up for no reason. for the umpteenth time. Willian isn't registered. :cry: