Jase

Man of the Match  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho is obviously better but the pilosophy until now looks alike, even in the line-up.

The fullback under Benitez were like extra midfielders in the build-up of play, under Mourinho until now, they do not play like that.

Anything wrong with the philosophy looking alike? I mean we bought all these attacking talents to play the kind of football that we showed in the 1st half against Hull no? And of course Mourinho will tweak certain minor things in our play accordingly and as I said, it's still early. Give time before passing judgment.

People here complaining about us getting lucky (which we did, Villa could easily have won the game)

But United have been winning like this for years.

Lukaku was incredible, did more than Ba did in 60 or so minutes.

Cech's my MOTM!

Ivanovic's awesome but he needs to remove this thuggish part of his defending. He concedes unnecessary cards because of this (a bit like Ramos does)

Loved Mourinho's interview!

He needed to play that way against Benteke! I thought he was brilliant!

I love these threads.

1. The game was even and a draw would have been a fair result, but we have Cech and he gave us the 3 points.

2. Ba was shit and the reason the match was a draw at the time. Lukulu came on and we looked like the better side.

We need Rooney and get rid of Torres and Ba.

3 points is 3 points. At the end of the day all that matters is who put the ball more into the back of the net.

That was against Villa. Just not sure if Mourinho will think the same about starting Azpi in a really big game against United at OT. Might be a struggle for him just like we have seen with Mata tonight.

Fair enough, we will see on Monday.

If every game was a walk over you'd soon lose interest, as Mourinho said that's why the premier league is the best league in the world. Villa didn't let Chelsea play well, Chelsea were fortunate to get the three points. Thought Villas game plan was very effective, three nippy and hungry midfielders against the narrow approach, pretty entertaining game to watch in my opinion. Never knew Delph was half as good as he seemed today

I love these threads.

1. The game was even and a draw would have been a fair result, but we have Cech and he gave us the 3 points.

2. Ba was shit and the reason the match was a draw at the time. Lukulu came on and we looked like the better side.

We need Rooney and get rid of Torres and Ba.

3 points is 3 points. At the end of the day all that matters is who put the ball more into the back of the net.

Nice avatar there!!! We should link up for the manure match on monday - Meet @ Streets?

Jose nailed it, we couldn't play our game because Villa never gave us the chance to press... Credit to them.

I thought for the most part Brana was our best player with Ramires a close 2nd. Brana had to deal with Benteke AND Agbonlahor in the air when Villa overloaded our right side. Brana had little to no cover from Mata who I thought was the worst player for us on the pitch.

Ramires saw the ball a lot but never really played a telling ball to our attackers, I thought he was great covering when we got caught out on the counter. All in all his passing and touch has improved A LOT and he's looking like an indispensable player at the moment.

Lampard offered nothing, two games in and he already looks knackered. Jose says he has to manage him but in the early going he hasn't really done that. Two 90's where we had a fair bit of defending to do... Van Ginkel and Ramires would've been the pivot for me.

Villa deserved a point no question about it, they never looked rattled and asked questions of our back 4 a lot. Benteke's goal was more a result of him being really good than our defense being poor.

Would really like to see Lukaku start at Old Trafford on Monday, I think he has the ability to cause problems for their defenders. He looked good when coming in and probably should've scored.

Demba Ba wasn't terrible. His movement was good and he almost got in behind them a few times. Its annoying that he was offside so much but the timing will come with more time... Was good to see him test the back 4.

Really thought Agbonlahor and Delph had great games. Gabby should be considered for England if you ask me.

Sloppy, but got the 3 points. Who knows, maybe the outcome of this game could potentially win us the title.

Lampard was off but was solid defensively imo. Either way, wouldn't start him against United.Thought Oscar was fantastic when he played a bit deeper after the 2nd goal. Ivanovic won us this game but he could of easily have bloody well cost us this one. So many times he feels the need to commit immature fouls that usually end up as a goal or a sending off. Demba Ba was poor but he at least look threatening with his runs whereas Torres feels the need to join the midfield and leave us with no fucking outlet.

What I would start against United.

------------Lukaku----------

Hazard-----------------Schurrle

------------Oscar-----------------

---DeBryune---Ramires---

Cole---------------Azpiliecueta

--------Terry---Luiz--------------

--------------Cech-----------------

1- Cant believe some clowns are claiming we deserved to lose.

2- Ivanovic was good, people saying he was awful are crazy.

3- Lukaku is better than Ba, but he does not deserve to be named or even mentioned as motm, after Hazards, Oscar and Ramires peformances today.

4- Mata was nowhere to be seen, and he is paying the price for his lack of action in pre-season, but im still concerned about his future as a Mourinho's player.

5- No doubt Torres is starting against MU.

1- Cant believe some clowns are claiming we deserved to lose.

2- Ivanovic was good, people saying he was awful are crazy.

3- Lukaku is better than Ba, but he does not deserve to be named or even mentioned as motm, after Hazards, Oscar and Ramires peformances today.

4- Mata was nowhere to be seen, and he is paying the price for his lack of action in pre-season, but im still concerned about his future as a Mourinho's player.

5- No doubt Torres is starting against MU.

Finally one good post here.