Chelsea 2-1 Aston Villa

Jase

Man of the Match  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Ba showed today he is better than Torres but still nowhere near good enough to lead the line for us, hopefully we get a forward who can rotate with Lukaku, Martinez or Yilmaz would be ideal.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big let off.

Only players to really hold it down today were Ramires, Cech, Schurrle & Lukaku when they both came on, and possibly JT. Most of the rest were pretty sub standard.

Villa really would've had at least a draw if it wasn't for big Petr Cech who is my MOTM.

Only real positives I take away from this game is our 3 pts and that our ability to win games even when not playing well seems to be coming back.

Looking very much forward to the United game.

Not a very good game, but winning these kind of games is often what teams that'll finish first at the end do! That's the same in every competition. I think noone would have believed an easy victory today after seeing Villa play against Arsenal. They play very physically, lotsa pressure on the ball so that makes it difficult for the Chelsea smaller and more technical players. I think we saw the proof of that today and yes I agree, Mata needs more time cause he's far from ready. Ba was nearly invisible and Hazard couldn't make a difference cause other players around him weren't at the level they had to be. That affected his game too and I'm sure a lot of you will criticize him for that. Mazacar wasn't what it should be today. Lukaku was full of energy and played a very mature game in my eyes. Is he the number one striker, NO. Not in my eyes but he will make a difference in a lot of games. 3 points, that's what counts in the end and a better performance against United.

Oh yeah I almost forgot; I got all my predictions wrong. So the thing we all learned today, never listen to what I say!!!!! :-)

that's how ManUtd have been doing it for years now. All good with me.

We will struggle a bit. The good news is that Luiz may be available next week already. It'll make me feel much better.

Exactly.Except does seem when its them getting scrappy results its the sign of champions.Anyone else they're just lucky.

Hey ho 2 games down..6 points...

Huge spaces .... The playing pitch was appeox. 60 meters between last defender and striker. Complete opposite from the Hull's first half.

In Pre-season, it was also often like that.

The things I liked the most last year with Benitez was the fact that we were often playing a higher line of defense compared to Di Matteo, even with Ivanovic Cahill on some matches like the matches against Arsenal where Walcott was often offside. More compact between the midfield and defense.

We will see what happens against Manchester United.

Harsh.

We deserved one point.

Villa were by far the better and more dangerous side when the score was 1-1. They probably would have score had we went down to 10 men as we should have.

Iva should have been sent off, and his goal was offside, but I don't think that last ball was penalty. JT was clearly being pulled down by Agbonlahor which cause him to raise his arms. It was a Chelsea FK, imo.

buy DM like derossi and world class striker then we are done with the squad...schurrle has got pace and was good....dont start lamps-ramires pivot against manu mikel or essien should pair with ramires..cahill with his usual backing off from opponents costing us goals..lukaku proved his worth and played with passion

Villa fan here, felt Chelsea did enough to deserve the win but as you could imagine I do feel a little cheated by the ref. He called Benteke for two or three lesser handballs than the Terry one. The Ivanovic goal was tough seeing how he was offside in the replay but great delivery. Felt he should've been sent off after the high kick on Benteke or even the late challenge near the sideline. Oh well, we had our chances and I'm pleased that we played well enough to give you a good run. Wasn't 8-0 like last time which nearly demoralized us enough to get us relegated! Good luck against United

Not too pleasing on the eye tonight but if that game had been played under Rafa i say wed have lost it. Its back to the Jose way of grafting out wins tonight and Sunday but its 6 points out of 6 and the unbeaten home run continues for Jose! Villa look a vastly improved side (even if theyre fans are moany bastards) who will give teams a tricky time this season (get the money on them to beat the dippers this weekend). Hard for me to comment much on first half as my stream was shocking but Ba looked POOR and has got to be the 3rd choice striker now. Lukaku looked sharp when he came on and hope to see him start soon. Anyway on to the scum KTBFFH

buy DM like derossi and world class striker then we are done with the squad...schurrle has got pace and was good....dont start lamps-ramires pivot against manu mikel or essien should pair with ramires..cahill with his usual backing off from opponents costing us goals..lukaku proved his worth and played with passion

Its not about a DM, its about a DLP who will:

1) Run the game better than Lampard

2) Help Ramires more than Lampard does.

3) Just be quicker, the central midfield must move fast.

Not too pleasing on the eye tonight but if that game had been played under Rafa i say wed have lost it. Its back to the Jose way of grafting out wins tonight and Sunday but its 6 points out of 6 and the unbeaten home run continues for Jose! Villa look a vastly improved side (even if theyre fans are moany bastards) who will give teams a tricky time this season (get the money on them to beat the dippers this weekend). Hard for me to comment much on first half as my stream was shocking but Ba looked POOR and has got to be the 3rd choice striker now. Lukaku looked sharp when he came on and hope to see him start soon. Anyway on to the scum KTBFFH

I disagree.

With Rafa, we wouldn't start with Iva at right back, Terry Cahill in central defense and Ramires Lampard in the pivot.

We don't know what we would have bought and we would have the automatisms of the last three four months wich were quite good if you think that we played every three days and he had not the pre-season to do optimal tactical and physical work.

I think with a fresh team we would have beaten them easily.