19:45 Kick Off (UK time)

[Match Stats]

Chelsea 2-1 Aston Villa

Goalscorers: Chelsea - 6' Luna OG, 73' Ivanovic / Aston Villa - 45' Benteke

Possession: 69% - 31%

Shots (on target): 15 (3) - 7 (3)

Corners: 1 - 2

Fouls: 13 - 16

Yellow Card: 1 - 3 (Chelsea - Ivanovic / Aston Villa - El Ahmadi, Westwood, Benteke)

Red Card: 0 - 0

*Stats obtained from ESPN website*

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got there in the end. Got the points. Jose made the right subs. Lukaku proved he is the best striker we have. We got a bit lucky but the points are ours. Improvement needs to be made, but we got the result.

Lukaku wasn't on for long but he looked lively and dangerous so he is my motm.

eh shaky performance, but 3pts matter most.

I know villa fans will whinge about the peno shout but, in my very biased opinion, it should have been a FK to us for a foul on Terry. The reason his arm was in the air was because he was being dragged down and climbed on by the Villa player, moving his arm like that was a natural reaction (for balance..)

Terrible, terrible game. Villa will feel cheated and with good reason. We deserved to lose this match. JT was probably my MOTM, Rami was decent and everyone else was terrible. Ivanovic should be benched for a months for this performance.

Just want to forget this match..

Terrible, terrible game. Villa will fell cheated and with good reason. We deserved to lose this match. JT was probably my MOTM, Rami was decent and everyone else was terrible. Ivanovic should be played upfront after this performance.

Just want to forget this match..

fyp.

People here complaining about us getting lucky (which we did, Villa could easily have won the game)

But United have been winning like this for years.

Lukaku was incredible, did more than Ba did in 60 or so minutes.

Cech's my MOTM!

Ivanovic's awesome but he needs to remove this thuggish part of his defending. He concedes unnecessary cards because of this (a bit like Ramos does)

Loved Mourinho's interview!

People here complaining about us getting lucky (which we did, Villa could easily have won the game)

But United have been winning like this for years.

Lukaku was incredible, did more than Ba did in 60 or so minutes.

Cech's my MOTM!

Ivanovic's awesome but he needs to remove this thuggish part of his defending. He concedes unnecessary cards because of this (a bit like Ramos does)

Loved Mourinho's interview!