Chelsea v Inter Milan

Jase

Just wanna see a good exciting game. We should win on paper but Inter are Inter and it is pre season. I remember how piss poor we were last year in the states, especially against Milan.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its only 6 subs allowed then i would play this team -

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien

De Bruyne - Mata - Hazard

Lukaku

Team by 60th minute

Schwarzer

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Lampard

De Bruyne - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

1st Half

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - Bertrand

Mikel - Van Ginkel

De Bruyne - Mata - Schurrle

Torres

2nd Half

Schwarzer

Essien - Cahill - Ivanovic - Cole

Ramires - Lampard

Moses - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

If this is the actual team maybe JM is wanting to see who performs best as the CAM ..Mata or Oscar. If things are true about JM wanting Mata play on the right I wonder if he will be moved there for a game or two later on.

I expect to see Mata playing in the right wing after what Mourinho said to the press last week.

He wants to test him there and what better opportunity than pre-season?

I can't help but think why Mourinho has avoided to talk about Mata so bluntly. He dismissed questions about him, answered curtly the ones he didn't dismiss and barely acknowledged his importance to the team. I know he said it's harder for a top player to get a compliment from him than the hard worker kind of player, but it was in the same interview that he said Eden was a special/talented kid and listed him along the best guys he worked with (Joe, Robben and Duff, Cristiano Ronaldo, Angel di María and Mesut Ozil).

Either he has amazing plans for Mata (and is being coy about his plans) or he doesn't rate him as high as everyone else does and has better plans for Eden and Kevin. :dunno:

Inter are a very average side now. Mark Kovasic and the game is as good as won.

I don't think we'll be making as many subs as we have in the previous games. I think Jose will put out our strongest team at least for 60 mins.

Think the players who just got back from holidays may not be included in this game at all or will play 15-20 mins max.

I think yeah , they have 3 days to train, until wednesday ,when team will fly to USA. , to me is enough time to adapt with the team physically .

It is incredible how deep Inter have fallen since the days of Mourinho, when they had Eto'o, Sneijder, Julio Cesar, Lucio etc.

They replaced them with average ones. I just checked their squad and I do not know half of the players. This Kovacic guys is an immense talent though. Only 19 and technically one of the best DMs I have ever seen.

They replaced them with average ones. I just checked their squad and I do not know half of the players. This Kovacic guys is an immense talent though. Only 19 and technically one of the best DMs I have ever seen.

I agree he is fantastic tackles intercepts can pass and has pass a DM shouldn't normally have

The team is traveling to US on Tuesday, so basically today the CC players are doing some physical and medical assessment, they'll train tomorrow with the rest of the team - as far as I know the guys who were in Asia have the day off today.

So they'll train tomorrow, travel Tuesday, train Wednesday and train and play Thursday, that's awfully little for guys who had not played in basically 30 days... so yeah, I don't expect to see much from the CC boys in the first match, but I guess they'll be all there by the third match. Let's not forget Roma's friendly is on the 10th... so it's not like they'll recover form with an average of 10 training sessions from now until August 9th even if in some of those days Mourinho does the double sessions he did in Asia - which I'm not sure he's keeping.

I hate International football aside from Euro and WC, it should work like club football. There's relegation and promotion. Depending on how the NT performs on Euro (and other continental competitions) they may go or not to the WC. So you play like 2-3 Euros just like the first, second, third division (all at the same time, 2 years prior do the WC) or how many others Europa needs, the same go to the rest of the world. And then we have this nuisance only every 2 years (one for continental, other for WC) and as we won't need the stupid and annoying international weeks, the calendar will be shorter, and give players more vacation time so even when there's one of the two international competitions, they have time to rest and then go back to pre-season and club football. Too bad it'll never happen otherwise how will FIFA continue to milk and feed its board members' corruption? I don't really care if it doesn't give enough preparation time to NT's, I hate it either way for the most part.

Anyway, I'll be watching this as I wait for Juventus v Everton to kick off 3 hours later at 4am :doh:

This game is played on 1st August while Juventus v Everton is on 31st July (both in US time). So, your game is at 1am UK time on 1st August. It's not on the same day as ours, as it will be on 2nd August UK time.

This game is played on 1st August while Juventus v Everton is on 31st July (both in US time). So, your game is at 1am UK time on 1st August. It's not on the same day as ours, as it will be on 2nd August UK time.

Youre right and wrong.

They are a day apart (I misread) but we're playing in PDT time zone whereas you're playing in an EDT time zone therefore our match is 4am.