2nd August, Friday, 2013
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
01:00 Kick Off (UK time)

[Match Kicks Off at 8pm in US on 1st August]

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC Milan beat Valencia 2-1 in the first International Champions Cup game today. If we beat Inter here, we'll face AC Milan in the next round. If not, we'll face Valencia.

And do take note of the match's time stated above. Different in day and time due to difference in time zone (obviously).

The Milan-Valencia game set a high benchmark for the rest of the tournament in terms of level of football. The game will be our first real test this preseason, but we are superior through and through in terms of manager and squad, so we should win this. actually I would like us to win this tournament. when we won a similar event under Carlo in the USA, we ended up winning the double

Inter will be a test, they have a few gifted players (Guarin, Kovacic, Icardi [who we were linked with], Handanovic) so it wont be a walk in the park. Confident we can win though, will be emotional for Jose too supposing its against Inter.

I'm going to ignore the three teams I support in Europe are taking part of the same tournament - even if a friendly tournament. I'm a Chelsea fan above anything else - reason why the only forums about football I read/post are Chelsea-related - despite speaking Spanish fluently and understanding Italian quite well.

Inter is going through a bad moment now and there are a lot of changes, it's like a transition time in their history. We are definitely favorite to win, but even Inter in a terrible moment is much more challenging than the sides we've played in Asia. Inter is one of the historic European teams, their shirt will always be respected as well as many others. So I think it's going to be a good match, even if we dominate - as we should. But people shouldn't be surprised if for any reason Inter wins or offers more opposition than they initially expected. In football teams like Inter should never be written off because football is totally unpredictable and that's one of the beauties about it. What makes it so amazing.

We should win, I hope we do :)

Inter are an interesting team and Mazzarri is an interesting coach. I look forward to seeing their lineup and formation. Going off his time at Napoli I believe Inter will use a 3-4-3 formation.

Icardi

Kovacic - Palacio

Pereira - Guarin - Cambiasso - Schelotto

Ranocchia - Samuel - Jesus

Handanovic

Inter are an interesting team and Mazzarri is an interesting coach. I look forward to seeing their lineup and formation. Going off his time at Napoli I believe Inter will use a 3-4-3 formation.

Icardi

Kovacic - Palacio

Handanovic

3 defenders and Samuel in that position , jummy says lukaku ....

Icardi

Kovacic - Palacio

Handanovic

I don't think Schelotto will play, I'm sure Mazzarri has told him he can find another club. So it will probably be Nagatomo on the right. Kovacic is a interesting player for Inter, he has a big future and will be cause us problems but I don't think he'll play in a 3 man attack, maybe he'll play in midfield next to Cambiasso or Guarin or maybe Inter will play a 3-4-1-2 with him as a number 10?

Their defense is there to be gotten at though, Ranocchia has been shocking for a year or so and Juan Jesus seems to struggle at certain times too. If they play Samuel or Campagnaro in a three man defense with them two I'd expect us to score a few. Still they are unpredictable in attack with Icardi and even Belfodil and Palacio are both good players.

Anyway I'm hoping that Mazzarri gets time at Inter to try and restore their reputation this upcoming season though, I'm not exactly an Inter fan but I prefer Inter over all Italian clubs. Last season they finished 9th or something, was a shit season for them. Also isn't Moratti selling his 70% share?

1st Half

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - Bertrand

Mikel - Van Ginkel

De Bruyne - Mata - Schurrle

Torres

2nd Half

Schwarzer

Essien - Cahill - Ivanovic - Cole

Ramires - Lampard

Moses - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku