Chelsea v Inter Milan

Jase

-----------------------------Howard------------------------------

---------------Stones-----Jagielka-----Distin----------------

-------Coleman----------------------------------Baines-------

----------------------Gibson------Fellaini----------------------

----------------Mirallas-----------------Pienaar----------------

-----------------------------Anichebe----------------------------

I don't know if Stones and Anichebe will be starters for next season but Stones made an big impression today. Started off controlling possession and passing it around in the opposition half. We got deeper as the first half went on but neither side made a lot of chances, Second half we played a little more on the break using Mirallas' pace and ended up scoring with a quick break. Juventus put a lot of pressure on after that which we dealt well with until Osman made an individual error which led to the goal. Tevez and Llorente were very quiet throughout the game because we defended. I'm not sure Fellaini really fits into this system but it's still early days, he was probably the worst player for us in the match.

How did Coleman do?

Also, seeing that quote in your sig, Dixie Dean's family was over as guest of honour for my local teams Sligo Rovers game (We sold you Coleman) in the Champions League! Lovely people, big 4 page bit of Dixie playing for us in the match programme aswell.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hart was very mistaken prone last season, Don't rate Zabelata at all. Kompany is a top defender granted, But Nastatic or Lescott along side him aren't great. Yaya Toure was a shawdow of his former self when he came back from the ACON last season, Barry and Milner are average. Fernandinho was a crazy signing for a player who isn't rated at a national stage.

They signed Navas about 3 years too late, still questions about his homesickness. Silva is well and truely in Mata's shawdow. Aguero is a top striker, Negredo won't do much, when he was linked with Everton that was the level for him. Jovetic looks a decent talent but doesn't have a great goalscoring record.

They have splashed out crazy money for average players, and Pellegrini proved at Real Madrid that he couldn't handle big ego's.

Now they have Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo and Dzeko for the strikers position. One of those will throw their toys out of the pram.

I expect nothing from City this season to be honest.

I am not going to compare Chelsea´s duds to Citeh´s ones. Every team have those.

You would be better off to watch Citeh playing next season & then talk.

-----------------------------Howard------------------------------

---------------Stones-----Jagielka-----Distin----------------

-------Coleman----------------------------------Baines-------

----------------------Gibson------Fellaini----------------------

----------------Mirallas-----------------Pienaar----------------

-----------------------------Anichebe----------------------------

I don't know if Stones and Anichebe will be starters for next season but Stones made an big impression today. Started off controlling possession and passing it around in the opposition half. We got deeper as the first half went on but neither side made a lot of chances, Second half we played a little more on the break using Mirallas' pace and ended up scoring with a quick break. Juventus put a lot of pressure on after that which we dealt well with until Osman made an individual error which led to the goal. Tevez and Llorente were very quiet throughout the game because we defended. I'm not sure Fellaini really fits into this system but it's still early days, he was probably the worst player for us in the match.

Pretty sure Anichebe will make way for Jelavic or Kone! Mirallas, i feel, could be the breakthrough player for Everton this year. Alcaraz in place of Stones may be, the team looks good!

How did Coleman do?

Also, seeing that quote in your sig, Dixie Dean's family was over as guest of honour for my local teams Sligo Rovers game (We sold you Coleman) in the Champions League! Lovely people, big 4 page bit of Dixie playing for us in the match programme aswell.

Awesome as always, Coleman really is one of the all time premier league bargains. A proper bargain too, not like Liverpool fans saying £8m for Coutinho is a bargain. I sometimes feel bad we only paid £60k (initially anyway) for him.

Seems a bit of a random move looking back from Notts county to Sligo Rovers, even though he was coming to an end of his career I think Dixie still did pretty well for Sligo.

Ankit, Alcaraz is Injured for now and I've no idea when he's back. Anichebe played pretty well today, Kone is on Ramahdan so we haven't seen much of him and Jelavic scored a couple in his last match. None of them will be 20 goal a season strikers, I know that but I think there'll be good competition on there. Mirallas is incredible, reminds me of Kanchelskis (remember him?).

Awesome as always, Coleman really is one of the all time premier league bargains. A proper bargain too, not like Liverpool fans saying £8m for Coutinho is a bargain. I sometimes feel bad we only paid £60k (initially anyway) for him.

Seems a bit of a random move looking back from Notts county to Sligo Rovers, even though he was coming to an end of his career I think Dixie still did pretty well for Sligo.

Ankit, Alcaraz is Injured for now and I've no idea when he's back. Anichebe played pretty well today, Kone is on Ramahdan so we haven't seen much of him and Jelavic scored a couple in his last match. None of them will be 20 goal a season strikers, I know that but I think there'll be good competition on there. Mirallas is incredible, reminds me of Kanchelskis (remember him?).

Think it went up to about 200k when he got his first Ireland cap etc, But your second team came over for a friendly which sold out and sold merchandise and stuff which would have raised alot of money too.

The story goes that a Sligo person knew him, and asked him would he know a striker that would come over. It basically ended up with him going over, and people coming from all over the west of Ireland to see him land at the train station. Scored 5 goals in one game against Shelbourne, all with his head, apparently he only moved like 100 yards for the whole game! When he came in 1939, we were £200 in debt, by the end of his time we were £600 in profit, which back then was unthinkable! He only got paid 15 quid a week.

Hart was very mistaken prone last season, Don't rate Zabelata at all. Kompany is a top defender granted, But Nastatic or Lescott along side him aren't great. Yaya Toure was a shawdow of his former self when he came back from the ACON last season, Barry and Milner are average. Fernandinho was a crazy signing for a player who isn't rated at a national stage.

They signed Navas about 3 years too late, still questions about his homesickness. Silva is well and truely in Mata's shawdow. Aguero is a top striker, Negredo won't do much, when he was linked with Everton that was the level for him. Jovetic looks a decent talent but doesn't have a great goalscoring record.

They have splashed out crazy money for average players, and Pellegrini proved at Real Madrid that he couldn't handle big ego's.

Now they have Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo and Dzeko for the strikers position. One of those will throw their toys out of the pram.

I expect nothing from City this season to be honest.

Well tbh I have them as favourites. I think their team is near complete and possibly a bit stronger than ours. Hart makes mistakes but like Cech done himself previous seasons, there still both top keepers. Surprised on your stance about Zabaleta. He was the best RB in the league last season and has vastly improved over the last 2 years.

Uumm. . no! :P Way too back before i started to follow EPL. I have Mirallas in my FPL team.(That should explain why i am asking so much about Martinez's plans, lol). Alcaraz from what i saw with Wigan was a regular starter for them in their 3 man defense so i think that might be the case here too.

Well tbh I have them as favourites. I think their team is near complete and possibly a bit stronger than ours. Hart makes mistakes but like Cech done himself previous seasons, there still both top keepers. Surprised on your stance about Zabaleta. He was the best RB in the league last season and has vastly improved over the last 2 years.

Just my opinion, Think their a disaster waiting to happen. I'm actually worried about Spurs this year believe it or not, Soldado is a great signing for them, and if they invest the money they get for Bale and strengthen their midfield and defence they'll be a force. Also, that kid from Madrid that their looking for as part of the deal is a very very bright prospect apparently.