Chelsea v Inter Milan

Jase

Youre right and wrong.

They are a day apart (I misread) but we're playing in PDT time zone whereas you're playing in an EDT time zone therefore our match is 4am.

Right. Misread the time zone. :lol: My bad.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brazil is one of the best time zones ever. When the team played in Asia it was happening at earliest 10am here. The US (EST) matches are happening 1h later here (at most 4h+ in Pacific time), so the match is 9pm my time. England time is normally 4h- so it's normally the middle of the morning here. The only times I remember waking up in the eerie hours to watch sports is during Australian Open but if the matches were late morning/early afternoon they were evening/night time here. If they were night time there, it was about 6-7am here, so nothing drastic except the middle of the afternoon local time. I really like the timezone here :P

Apparently Valencia and AC Milan only made one substitution each last night :carlo:

Anyway, I'll be watching this as I wait for Juventus v Everton to kick off 3 hours later at 4am :doh:

Both teams made 7 substitutions each.

inter finished 9th last season in serie A which is atrocious for them

the core of players who won the champions league have either left and havent been replace properly or are old and injury prone.

the fact that there isnt really any inter players i would want at chelsea (except kovacic) says it all really.

He was best and most consistent player for inter last season in my opinion...

What? Sorry, but not even close. My best friend who I spend about 12 hours a day with is probably the biggest Inter fan in world. So I watched almost every single one of their matches last season and probably know more than the average Inter fan about them. Guarin was decent when played centrally. Physically very good. He was a bit like Meireles was to us. He chased the ball around relentlessly and put in some tackles in defense and used his pace to take the ball forward in in attack. Strama also integrated his powerful shot into their system. But when he was played on the wings, he was simply terrible and offered little to nothing to the team.

What? Sorry, but not even close. My best friend who I spend about 12 hours a day with is probably the biggest Inter fan in world. So I watched almost every single one of their matches last season and probably know more than the average Inter fan about them. Guarin was decent when played centrally. Physically very good. He was a bit like Meireles was to us. He chased the ball around relentlessly and put in some tackles in defense and used his pace to take the ball forward in in attack. Strama also integrated his powerful shot into their system. But when he was played on the wings, he was simply terrible and offered little to nothing to the team.

He is CM not winger. Its normaly he doesnt deliver on wings...he was great for Porto aswell...

He is CM not winger. Its normaly he doesnt deliver on wings...he was great for Porto aswell...

Even at CM, he was good but far from great and certainly not their best player. He lacks creativity and technical ability. I'd say, when he was fit, Cassano was probably their best player. Palacio at times carried the team all by himself and Kovasic did extremely well in the second half of the season and is currently by far their most important player.

Which position should Bane play now that Azpi's back? Should they be rotated or is there a possibility that Azpi would be the first-choice RB? I definitely wouldn't mind if Bane still played a larger role at CB when Azpi's available, because he made it his stronghold in the the games where Terry was injured.

Which position should Bane play now that Azpi's back? Should they be rotated or is there a possibility that Azpi would be the first-choice RB? I definitely wouldn't mind if Bane still played a larger role at CB when Azpi's available, because he made it his stronghold in the the games where Terry was injured.

Azpi is a better RB, but Jose said he saw Ivanovic as a RB. So god knows which he will play.

Azpi is a better RB, but Jose said he saw Ivanovic as a RB. So god knows which he will play.

I think we'll see Ivanovic play quite a lot in both RB and CB throughout the season, depending on rotations and the games that we are playing in. We are not really well stocked with quality in both areas.