André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Whos saying this guy is a waste of money now?

He worked his fucking arse of today for the team, he was immense defensively and the little times he could contribute offensively, his run and the cut back for Torres' goal (although it took a wee nick) was brilliant, Hazard's run and pass was also excellent. Guy is a workhorse, and like Luiz, also has so much passion and positivity around him.

This. Some comments based on pre-season were stating that he is not going to fit in. Do not have anything against KDB but people judged out pre-season games to prove that KDB is going to be a much better fit than Schurlle because of this. He is a very good player, young and he has the physical and technical attributes to succeed here I am sure. The way judgments on players can switch on these forums sometimes are amazing.

Nice to see he is finally getting some praise, this is something that probably belongs in unpopular views but......

.....he will be starting more games than De Bruyne this term, and rightly so :ph34r:

I'm in love - and it's not about his looks (I have to keep repeating that bc 1) it seems men think he's good looking [i disagree] 2) I'm a girl :P), I don't think he's pretty and he'll age terribly with that chin.

I guess there's a post a few weeks back when I stated the same feelings for him, but the more I see from him the more in love I am. I also have a crush on him just like @Kostas it seems.

What's there not to love? The right attitude about the club, the enormous amount of commitment, the great hard work and work rate, the amazing movement and pace (or acceleration as I mix both concepts in English, although he isn't bad in acceleration if you ask me. Just so I also confirm if I got it right pace is about the speed the player moves and acceleration is about the speed he makes the play move?).

I think he can improve his finishing. His first touch doesn't seem bad imo. I think the problem is when he has to move the ball from the left foot to the right one. But I guess we could say he has a decent first touch although many have it better than him.

He was amazing yesterday. His contribution was one of the biggest in the team imo and he's expected to improve. But there are three amazing players fighting for that wing position (four if you consider Mata will play there and not in the CAM position): André, Kevin and Willian. There's so much rotation that will ensure all of them play and progress. The obvious thing would be include Eden in the rotation as well and double the chances of each of them playing (two players for each wing), but Eden will be José's untouchable - as he should - so he'll miss a few matches in the left wing. I'm conflicted and confused. Good thing Mourinho is the one to decide, not me, but I do worry a bit about our players contentment in being in the team and their progress, especially the younger ones.

Like him very much so far ,two footed and versatile ,strong and competitive ,love the way he can turn inside on to his other foot and shoot or go down the line ,we seem to be buying a lot of this type De Byrne and Hazard are the same ,very good to see .

He can play left or right or down the middle that means he is comfortable on both sides as opposed to Mata who is all left peg . So I would call him two footed.

Just because Schurrle can play on the left, right or through the middle, doesn't mean he's two footed. Mata can also play on the left, right and down the middle but he's not two-footed is he? Schurrle plays on the left yes but he always cut inside onto his stronger right foot, it's just the same as Mata cutting inside on this left foot when he plays on the RW.