André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Bad game? Tell me how did Baines do today? Once you answer that you realize that Andre did exactly what was asked of him and did brilliantly at shutting down Everton's most dangerous source of chances. One miss doesn't imply that he had a bad game.

Schurrle needs to be more consistent with his finishing, and soon. Could've easily won us the game today.

He has it in his locker, I've seen it plenty of times before at Leverkusen where he was ruthless with his finishing at times, but it's the consistency.

Schurrle needs to be more consistent with his finishing, and soon. Could've easily won us the game today.

He has it in his locker, I've seen it plenty of times before at Leverkusen where he was ruthless with his finishing at times, but it's the consistency.

He is capable of clinical finishes, but we knew they are rare and far apart. Last season, despite scoring some excellent goals, had the lowest conversion rate of any player to score in the Bundes Liga last season.

Baines was sitting back and a non threat while Schurrle was on the pitch, once Jose screwed up and took him off, Baines was bombing forward and causing problems. His movement also allowed Hazard to not get triple teamed and to move into open space. That lineup worked and just needed more time.

Don't know how he had a bad game, I've just managed to watch the full game and I thought his work rate was very impressive, he cut out passes and caused Baines many problems.

I don't know how he hasn't scored yet mind I really don't.

But when we first signed him I knew it was a good signing because of his anticipation, that's twice he's caught players out now already, he caught out Howard and Dante. Dante was just an ordinary slip but Schurrle was there regardless.

Bad game? Tell me how did Baines do today? Once you answer that you realize that Andre did exactly what was asked of him and did brilliantly at shutting down Everton's most dangerous source of chances. One miss doesn't imply that he had a bad game.

The problem in this forum is this kind of thing. That was not a bad game, but that was far from a brilliant one.

OH DEAR.

I think he's the player that worked the hardest there - which he also did in other matches. Can we give the lad months to adapt? Yeah, his finishing is lousy more often than not, but he has time to improve it. He's so useful in many other things. I only voted on Eto'o instead of him because somehow I felt like voting for Eto'o. He missed chances, but at least he was there to create them and to have them - which is more than 95% of the others players we had today.

When he was subbed I think he was in a crescendo, he was getting better and I would have kept him longer. We need him to play. Willian can warm the bench with Mata (what? it will happen, we all know it will, so preferences aren't even relevant) because we need André to start games so he can adapt and someone should send him a memo about extra training. The guys that have the best finishing around more often than not admit to go train finishing after the rest of the team leaves.

He isn't as talented as Hazard or Mata - far from it actually - but I feel he's been more useful than both for us this season. Offensively and defensively. I'm very happy with this signing.

The problem in this forum is this kind of thing. That was not a bad game, but that was far from a brilliant one.

Well I didn't say he had a brilliant game. Read my post again if you want. I said he did brilliantly well to shut down Baines, but that is just one aspect of his game. His defensive side was good, but going forward he was below average today and I would have liked to see him provide more width. His finishing was clearly off. Overall I'd say he had a decent game but was unlucky in the final third.