👕 Chelsea Kits Thread

1 hour ago, James said:

What does everyone think of the kit now you've seen the players wear it?

maatsen42626.jpg

It's great. Especially without a sponsor it just looks so clean.

Would love to get that shirt for myself before some hideous sponsor comes in.

4 hours ago, James said:

maatsen42626.jpg

Love it, and love the look with no sponsor. Obviously hate the negative financial impact of no sponsor though. We need to sort it ASAP.

As someone who absolutely hated the new kit I must admit that it looks MUCH better actually on the players than it does on a hanger or in promo shots. Maybe it’s just because the No sponsor look is really classy.

Hopefully now we don’t ruin it with a shit sponsor logo. 

13 hours ago, James said:

Drop the terrible, tacky, 3d-reflective-shimmer badges and it would be fine. Not too plain thanks to the pattern and luckily they didn't go with white on shorts. 

But I'm quite surprised that the sponsor situation wasn't sorted out before the tour - exposure in the USA and on first photos of the "new" team sounds like attractive argument to throw into negotiations (btw rumors are Puli already had HUGE marketing/sales impact on Milan) and now it's gone. I guess it has some sizable financial impact on us unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/07/2023 at 22:28, Vegetable said:

Drop the terrible, tacky, 3d-reflective-shimmer badges and it would be fine. Not too plain thanks to the pattern and luckily they didn't go with white on shorts. 

But I'm quite surprised that the sponsor situation wasn't sorted out before the tour - exposure in the USA and on first photos of the "new" team sounds like attractive argument to throw into negotiations (btw rumors are Puli already had HUGE marketing/sales impact on Milan) and now it's gone. I guess it has some sizable financial impact on us unfortunately.

I like the sparkly badges, lolol

the only real issue I have with the kit is that the weird white insert on on the back bunches up on most players during the game when they move

it might be a different material from the main part of the kit

it looks like shit (yes, I am a picky bish when it comes to fashion, LOLOL) when it bunches up, it looks sloppy or that its the wrong size shirt for the player

(dresses and tops that are the wrong size on me do that when I try them on)

insane that Nike could not sort that

I noticed it the first time I saw it in a game

so did wifey (in fact she said something to me before I even mentioned it)

Chelsea 2023/24 pre-season - winners & losers

01h6xmjesg36gzvchwy5.jpg

Chelsea vs Wrexham LIVE! Pre-season friendly result, match stream, latest  updates and reaction today | Evening Standard

Chelsea pre-season 2023: Tour, fixtures, results, tickets & how to watch |  Goal.com UK

Edited by Vesper