Kevin-Prince Boateng

Toli

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you describing Prince or Ramires? :rolleyes:

Might want to read what I said after that...

Why the hell are people comparing KPB to Ake? What am I missing here? It's like comparing Romeu to Mata. Ridiculous.

Not comparing here. It's the fact that if KPB comes here, he will take up one of the midfield space which Ake can operate in. Having him for CAM will just be nonsensical as well when we've got options there already. It's about him taking unnecessary place in the squad when others can fill in.

Well "lazy" to "hard working player" is quite a gulf so it's only normal to assume one of them doesn't watch the player.

It's like someone who mainly follows Serie A saying "Hazard isn't good at dribbling" and then the next Serie A follower saying "Hazard is very good at dribbling and tricking opponents."

Wouldn't you assume the first person clearly doesn't watch Hazard, or at least, doesn't watch enough to make a decent opinion from what they've seen?

Different people made different opinions. Don't go all categorizing everyone into one group.

I know you don't judge players off YouTube videos but please, you can't tell me that an average player who offers only "stamina and pace" can score goals like these? He's got awesome technique.

So, we are suddenly buying players because they can score the odd screamers and all that? Still doesn't take away the fact his main assets are his stamina and pace. As for your point that he excelled in the No.10 behind Ibrahimovic and Robinho, he didn't exactly achieve that on his own merit. It helps when you have someone like Ibrahimovic upfront doing most of the damage and making him look good. KPB is by no means an out-and-out No.10.

One thing not being mentioned much: He's a good leader. I don't mean a 'leader' like Lampard or Terry who are 'nice' on the pitch etc. But he's a 'cunt leader' like Roy Keane (again using this example since they share a few traits) who'll keep his team motivated with or without the armband. It's something we're missing. His 'fuck up the opposition if they dare tackle you hard' mentality will rub off on players, and sure, he'll get a few red cards probably during his time here, but I miss that passion.

Err is that Mourinho quote real? It'd seem odd if he's already been asked about Boateng. I don't remember any PC's being held with him involved since the Boateng rumour was announced.

KPB is technically weak? I mean he hasn't had the best of seasons last year but to say he's technically weak is something else. On his day he's very clearly one of the best in the Serie A in my opinion.

Like I said I don't want him here because we don't need him in our squad but he's world class on his day. I agree he's inconsistent but to say he's just a decent player is massively underrating him.

I can literally count on one hand the 'world-class' performances he;s put in as a player. He's incredibly over-hyped for those 4-5 world class performance, especially the ones vs Barca. Yes he's technically weak, meaning he doesn't have great technique in his passing, shooting, tackling..etc .He's so inconsistent that even when fit, he often doesn't make the starting XI of Milan.

So, we are suddenly buying players because they can score the odd screamers and all that? Still doesn't take away the fact his main assets are his stamina and pace. As for your point that he excelled in the No.10 behind Ibrahimovic and Robinho, he didn't exactly achieve that on his own merit. It helps when you have someone like Ibrahimovic upfront doing most of the damage and making him look good. KPB is by no means an out-and-out No.10.

If you read my previous posts I actually explain there's no need for him in our squad. I'm just arguing against people saying he's just an average player or poor technically.

He's not a traditional number 10, certainly wasn't when Zlatan and Robinho were there... He was more of a trequartista there. My point is - you can't just offer stamina or pace if you play in that role. You need to have good technical ability.

I can literally count on one hand the 'world-class' performances he;s put in as a player.

I can do the same for Mikel :ph34r: But that doesn't mean he shouldn't be in our squad based on that.

KPB would be very good for depth if we could sign him cheap. He's versatile to play anywhere in midfield to be honest, but he might not be content being a squad player if he's come from being an almost-regular at Milan.

I can literally count on one hand the 'world-class' performances he;s put in as a player. He's incredibly over-hyped for those 4-5 world class performance, especially the ones vs Barca. Yes he's technically weak, meaning he doesn't have great technique in his passing, shooting, tackling..etc .He's so inconsistent that even when fit, he often doesn't make the starting XI of Milan.

Well I completely disagree, especially regarding his shooting. And that isn't true either, he's played in a lot of positions this season. I think he's clocked around 40 appearances at least, starting majority, so I wouldn't say he doesn't often make the Milan starting XI.

Each to their own though! Just reiterate ans clarify again, I think he's a cracking player on his day and he's actually one of my favourite players to watch in the Serie A but that doesn't mean I'm advocating we should get him. I'm just voicing my opinion on those saying he doesn't offer much technically or that all he's good at is basically running! He doesn't fit our squad make up.

might be true....

from 2012

By Patrick Akoto

Ghana international Kevin-Prince Boateng could be heading to Real Madrid as a swap deal for midfielder Samir Khedira, reports in Spain has claimed.

AC Milan is reportedly keen to prize away Khedira who has been unsettled at the Bernabeu with the ex-Black Stars superstar expected to move to the opposite direction.

Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is believed to be a key admirer of the 25-year-old who has put up eye-catching performance for the Italian giant since he joined them.

The Spanish giant will test the resolve of the Rossoneri to keep hold of their enforcer if they put in a bid for the ex-Stuggart star.

The Portuguese tactician has had excellent working relationshipwith Ghanaian players in the past.

He brought midfielder Michael Essien to Chelsea and also swooped for Sulley Muntari from relegated English side Portsmouth when he joined Milan’s rivals Inter.

he is world-class player if he play as a CM or AM , not as RW like last season in Milan...Just remember the World Cup in 2010 , Ghana reached the 1/8 finals and lost agaist Uruguay because of Suarez save in 90+....He was the best player for Ghana on this competion

Were they not Essien's main assets in his prime?

Essiens main asset was his ability to win the ball back and cover a lot of ground. He and Boateng are about as similar as Drogba and Cech though. Boateng is mostly an attacking midfielder. Hes played on the wing for Milan last season because he doesn't fit a MF role in 4-3-3.

Essiens main asset was winning the ball back.

By using his stamina. Like Ramires. His job was to win the ball back using his main asset which was stamina.

By using his stamina. Like Ramires. His job was to win the ball back using his main asset which was stamina.

No you don't necessarily use stamina to win the ball back, you have to tackle to win the ball back. He used his stamina to cover a lot of ground, like Ramires, to get up and support the teams attackers as well as work back so he COULD make tackles.

His main assets were that he was able to tackle and intercept passes so he could win the ball back very easily for the team.

If you read my previous posts I actually explain there's no need for him in our squad. I'm just arguing against people saying he's just an average player or poor technically.

He's not a traditional number 10, certainly wasn't when Zlatan and Robinho were there... He was more of a trequartista there. My point is - you can't just offer stamina or pace if you play in that role. You need to have good technical ability.

Just because KPB played in that role, doesn't mean he can actually fit in there in the long term. There are other factors that made him somewhat of a success in that role. Moreover, the technical ability that you pointed out about KPB is only his shooting and yet in terms of other aspects of it, he lacks them. And the vision to pick out decisive passes is also something that he's lacking if people are gonna say play him in the No.10 role.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You