Kevin-Prince Boateng

Toli

He's not bloody Ake or Chalobah and he's not bloody Hazard. He'd be a utility player as just stated above and a damn good one too.

He's actually played (rather successfully) a lot of false-9 games before the arrival of Balotelli at Milan so there's yet another position he can play successfully.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not bloody Ake or Chalobah and he's not bloody Hazard. He'd be a utility player as just stated above and a damn good one too.

He's actually played (rather successfully) a lot of false-9 games before the arrival of Balotelli at Milan so there's yet another position he can play successfully.

If we get him, do you think we'd still get a DM and a CB? He seems like a fantastic utility and depth player but maybe Mourinho will be using Essien as his utility player.

A CAM? Really? Mata, Oscar, Hazard, KDB, and probably Schurrle, can all play there. And if he can play DM I can't see him being much, if at all, better than Ramires. Not to mention Aké, Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek.

Squad player or not; develop any one of our youngsters or buy this guy? Or put the money towards a completely necessary purchase like a world-class ST/CB/DLP/DM?

Burn this thread. Jesus.

None of them are going to make it.

boateng not better than ake, chalobah and loftus-cheek?!?! this is getting absurd.

Did I say he was? I said buying a player like this stumps the development of our younger players.

None of them are going to make it.

Well they're definitely not going to make it if we keep buying 'utility' players.

If we get him, do you think we'd still get a DM and a CB? He seems like a fantastic utility and depth player but maybe Mourinho will be using Essien as his utility player.

mMmmmmmmmm tricky. I think we'd still go for De Rossi if we are indeed in for him but then stop there in terms of midfield. I have a gut feeling we won't be touching the defence but I guess i'll discuss that another time.

Boateng originally started off as a central box-to-box sort of player and that can work in a midfield "2" like Ramires has proven a few times; only Boateng is far more capable, better at shooting and better at passing.

I could see a pivot of De Rossi - Boateng next season and I could see it working really well despite how much they both like to contribute to attack. He's also really strong, like Essien of old, so it'd be hard for him to not win almost every aerial duel or physical battle.

So in short - Yes. I think we'd get De Rossi still. But I think that'd be it, with us then just chasing the other rumoured targets up front like Schurrle/Cavani etc.

I bet if he'd opted to play for Germany instead of Ghana he'd currently be at one of the bigger clubs currently. Not sure why but I always pictured him at City or even Arsenal (but are they really bigger than Milan right now? Probably not.)

He's one of the more well-rounded midfielders playing at a top level in Europe and I think some people, myself included, forget he's not actually old. Just turned 26.

The reported price would be a steal. It'd be like signing Gullit in terms of versatility and the Milan link.

Makes sense this deal would pop up right after it'd been revealed Napoli want Ramires in part exchange. Perfect replacement for him despite being more attacking.

Boateng is like 3 weeks younger too (it makes all the difference) - and 3 times better (on his day).

I really dislike this man, To see him in a Chelsea shirt would be disturbing and distasteful. He, his stupid haircut and mulitple tattoos can stay in Milan or fuck off to another club. Literally one of the last players I want to see at Stamford

I really dislike this man, To see him in a Chelsea shirt would be disturbing and distasteful. He, his stupid haircut and mulitple tattoos can stay in Milan or fuck off to another club. Literally one of the last players I want to see at Stamford

A haircut and tattoos are the factors of why you dont want him here? You know De Rossi has plenty of tattoos as well.

Did he sleep with a family member or something?

A haircut and tattoos are the factors of why you dont want him here? You know De Rossi has plenty of tattoos as well.

I didn't say that. I just said he has a stupid haircut and that he has tattoos. I was using them as adjectives not as reasons for him not coming here.

He broke Ballack's leg.

He has an awful personality.

He has an awful attitude.

Everytime I've seen him with Milan he has looked lazy and careless.

He is injury prone.

People going nuts. 15 million for a player like him is a steal, in pounds. This is in euros!

exactly...something isn't right about the deal.

Boateng's attitude is a problem. He's always been cocky since his Tottenham days.

I don't know if he's volatile in the dressing room..but thats the last thing we need at the moment

I didn't say that. I just said he has a stupid haircut and that he has tattoos. I was using them as adjectives not as reasons for him not coming here.

He broke Ballack's leg.

He has an awful personality.

He has an awful attitude.

Everytime I've seen him with Milan he has looked lazy and careless.

He is injury prone.

He also missed a penalty in the FA Cup final against CFC. One plus point

Boateng gives nothing in return to replace Ramires, because Boateng would be more of the same thing we already have with De Bruyne!

Ramires gives us that pace for counters and incredible work-rate and stamina not many midfielders have nowadays. Yes, he is a bit sloppy, but he is still a very important player to have in our squad because he gives the team a new dimension whenever needed.

Prince will be a versatile midfielder who can play out wide and on the pivot as well. But all if this is very similiar to a certain player loaned out to Bundesliga and that has a contract with Chelsea.

However, I much prefer keeping both Rambo and KDB than to invest 15mi (which can mean a new CB or DM) to go and get Boateng...

P.S: Add to my football reasons, what Spike said about the Milan player!!!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You