Kevin-Prince Boateng

Toli

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I completely disagree, especially regarding his shooting. And that isn't true either, he's played in a lot of positions this season. I think he's clocked around 40 appearances at least, starting majority, so I wouldn't say he doesn't often make the Milan starting XI.

Each to their own though! Just reiterate ans clarify again, I think he's a cracking player on his day and he's actually one of my favourite players to watch in the Serie A but that doesn't mean I'm advocating we should get him. I'm just voicing my opinion on those saying he doesn't offer much technically or that all he's good at is basically running! He doesn't fit our squad make up.

He's made 26 starts for Milan this season in all competitions..

Just because KPB played in that role, doesn't mean he can actually fit in there in the long term. There are other factors that made him somewhat of a success in that role. Moreover, the technical ability that you pointed out about KPB is only his shooting and yet in terms of other aspects of it, he lacks them. And the vision to pick out decisive passes is also something that he's lacking if people are gonna say play him in the No.10 role.

I agree that he lacks the vision to play as a traditional number 10 but he's still got great technique in his shots, first touch and is a decent dribbler. If anything, I'd say his best performances have come when he's played behind Ibra practically as a second striker but he can play elsewhere because of his versatility.

I'm not saying he's the perfect player, he has his deficiencies but he's nowhere near as average as you're making him out to be.

I agree that he lacks the vision to play as a traditional number 10 but he's still got great technique in his shots, first touch and is a decent dribbler. If anything, I'd say his best performances have come when he's played behind Ibra practically as a second striker but he can play elsewhere because of his versatility.

I'm not saying he's the perfect player, he has his deficiencies but he's nowhere near as average as you're making him out to be.

Each to their own views. Agree to disagree. :)

31 appearances. 26 starts. I was going to point out that he only scored 3 goals and made 5 assists but it seems you already checked whoscored yourself :P

According to ESPN, he's started 25 in the league, 6 in the CL, and 1 in the Italian Cup which bring it up to 32 even, which definitely makes him a first team player at Milan.

And it's been explained by some on here why he hasn't performed this season, he wasn't being played correctly.

:blink: I must be watching a different Serie A than you, mate! :lol:

He's a decent player on his day but is incredibly inconsistent. He relies on his pace bursting forward and his stamina to keep running. But technically and tactically he is very weak.

The rumor is just another one of the many BS rumors Palmeri is starting on a daily basis.

This. My older brother Milan supporter says KPB gives a solid preformance once every 3-4 matches thats not good enough.. thats why milan is looking to offload him.. He is technically good though but has very poor balance for a man his size gets pushed off the ball too easily

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Milan released official pic of season ticket campaign. Balotelli, Boateng and El Shaarawy in it. But wait for what is written in the disclaimer

Disclaimer: "Not guaranteed that players in the image will stay at the club". Balotelli, El Shaarawy and Boateng in Milan season ticket image

@tancredipalmeri: Milan released official pic of season ticket campaign.Balotelli,Boateng and El Shaarawy in it.But wait for what is written in the disclaimer

@tancredipalmeri: Disclaimer:"Not guaranteed that players in the image will stay at the club".Balotelli,El Shaarawy and Boateng in Milan season ticket image

Interesting. Earlier today Palmeri was talking about Manchester City being interested in SES too. Could be something concrete in both stories? Milan are a selling club these days, sad to see how the mighty have fallen (except Liverpool :ph34r:).

Edit: Fuck you, BluesMaster. :lol:

According to ESPN, he's started 25 in the league, 6 in the CL, and 1 in the Italian Cup which bring it up to 32 even, which definitely makes him a first team player at Milan.

And it's been explained by some on here why he hasn't performed this season, he wasn't being played correctly.

Again he has 25 appearances in the Serie A but 4 of them off the bench; 6 in the CL with one off the bench, so 26 starts. He's not really in Milan's plans because they have younger players who are already better than him like Niang and El Shaarawi.

Kevin has always been inconsistent and this season has been no different. He's an attacking midfielder who only managed to score more than 5 per season once in his entire career. Even last season, which was the best season in his career, he had some great performances in the CL (which cause all this hype around him) but was largely inconsistent in the league and only managed to score 5 goals.

I'd much rather we get Van Ginkel (or God forbid bring De Bruyne back) who has loads more potential to be come better than Kevin and would come in on low wages and more importantly low expectations.

Again he has 25 appearances in the Serie A but 4 of them off the bench; 6 in the CL with one off the bench, so 26 starts. He's not really in Milan's plans because they have younger players who are already better than him like Niang and El Shaarawi.

Kevin has always been inconsistent and this season has been no different. He's an attacking midfielder who only managed to score more than 5 per season once in his entire career. Even last season, which was the best season in his career, he had some great performances in the CL (which cause all this hype around him) but was largely inconsistent in the league and only managed to score 5 goals.

Actually 29 in the Serie A with 4 of them as a sub. One start in the Coppa Italia and 6 starts in the CL as well as one substitute appereance.

Total for 12/13 is 32 starts and five sub appereances. From Soccerway.com, can't see why they would be wrong. WhoScored and ESPN agree with me and The Skipper.

I'd much rather we get Van Ginkel (or God forbid bring De Bruyne back) who has loads more potential to be come better than Kevin and would come in on low wages and more importantly low expectations.

No, ESPN has him as 32 official games started (GS) + 5 substitute appearances.

Again for the last time, I'm not saying we should sign him, he doesn't suit our squad. All I'm doing is arguing about how I rate him as a player.

Actually 29 in the Serie A with 4 of them as a sub. One start in the Coppa Italia and 6 starts in the CL as well as one substitute appereance.

Total for 12/13 is 32 starts and five sub appereances. From Soccerway.com, can't see why they would be wrong. WhoScored and ESPN agree with me and The Skipper.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/teams/roster_player/8240

Milan's website also agrees with you. :P

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You