Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I don't usually watch the Portuguese league and I've never really paid close attention to Benfica. I already knew that their defense was not that good, but from this Porto game, they look terrible in the air. haven't been able to deal properly with anything that has come into their box.

Dont be so naive, they are with their heads in Amsterdam and not in the Portuguese League!

All Porto can do is level their points and UEL is a very big trophy for Portuguese fans (specially after Porto won it a couple of years ago). I bet they are thinking about another shade of blue...

Benfica is a great team, better than Villa or any other team we faced throughout the campaign to the final. They will play much better than today and we have to be careful. We should still be able to win, even without Hazard, but Moses, Torres and our pivot will have to be focused 100% of the time. Mata, Oscar, Ramires, Dave, Luiz, Ashley and Cech must all lead the team and play at their full potential. We need to take our chances, conterting our chances will be crucial, since I dont believe we will have that many chances. We cant let this be another Atletico nor another Corinthians!

We have the chance to win Europa League for the first time, lets have some respect and not dismiss their chances...

I did say we can target them on set pieces...

I thought you meant we don't have any real physical threat presence that we can target in set pieces.

@,@CHOULO19,

Alright alright Calm down you lot!

No fighting ok?

:Goober:

It's not my fault he can't construct a proper meaningful sentence :P

Dont be so naive, they are with their heads in Amsterdam and not in the Portuguese League!

All Porto can do is level their points and UEL is a very big trophy for Portuguese fans (specially after Porto won it a couple of years ago). I bet they are thinking about another shade of blue...

Benfica is a great team, better than Villa or any other team we faced throughout the campaign to the final. They will play much better than today and we have to be careful. We should still be able to win, even without Hazard, but Moses, Torres and our pivot will have to be focused 100% of the time. Mata, Oscar, Ramires, Dave, Luiz, Ashley and Cech must all lead the team and play at their full potential. We need to take our chances, conterting our chances will be crucial, since I dont believe we will have that many chances. We cant let this be another Atletico nor another Corinthians!

We have the chance to win Europa League for the first time, lets have some respect and not dismiss their chances...

This is as big a match for them, if not bigger. If Porto score one more and win they will go top with only one match to play.

I thought you meant we don't have any real physical threat presence that we can target in set pieces.

:doh:

It's not my fault he can't construct a proper meaningful sentence :P

Obviously I should made it more complicated to understand....

This is as big a match for them, if not bigger. If Porto score one more and win they will go top with only one match to play.

This is a really big game for them, but Benfica fans are treating UEL Final like we treat last year's game against Bayern in Munich.

They don't like blue in general, we knocked them out last year, Mourinho is highly connected with us and Porto and we bought two of their idols recently. If you ask any Benfica fan, they will say UEL is more important!

All I am saying is that they are pleased with the draw and they arent even trying hard to play, they are just letting the game pass. They wont be so unfocused on Wednesday...

EDIT: Well, they lost. That will do us wonders! :)

A dramatic injury time winner for Porto and they're champions, as long as they don't slip up next week against some shit team.

Guess it's good news for us, now Benfica's mentality is crushed ahead of the final. :P

This is a really big game for them, but Benfica fans are treating UEL Final like we treat last year's game against Bayern in Munich.

They don't like blue in general, we knocked them out last year, Mourinho is highly connected with us and Porto and we bought two of their idols recently. If you ask any Benfica fan, they will say UEL is more important!

All I am saying is that they are pleased with the draw and they arent even trying hard to play, they are just letting the game pass. They wont be so unfocused on Wednesday...

EDIT: Well, they lost. That will do us wonders! :)

I hope this loss means they will be emotionally and psychologically not ready for the match on Wednesday and that they defend like they did today! :D

Bog finish to the season... Top 4 is ours... Still have 3rd to fight for but that's not a huge concern. Winning europa would be a great trophy to have especially as it is a rarity we are even in it. Obviously in an ideal world we wouldn't have been in this competition but we were and we are at the final...

People saying it was more of an embarrassment to be in it than get knocked out of it... What you think now, when we are the only english side left in Europe? You think it would be an embarrassment to win the Europa League.

I don't and think it would be a great achievement after being knkcked out of the champions league

I hope this loss means they will be emotionally and psychologically not ready for the match on Wednesday and that they defend like they did today! :D

I hope whoever controls destiny (God, Ala, Moirai, Jehovah, etc) listens to you! :D

Jorge Jesus on his knees crying, there aren't many better things in football than that.

Hes really crying because he said he'd only 'cut his hair when Benfica win the league', he must of thought "this is the year I can finally get rid of this fucking mop" then boom the wee guy Kelvin scored a winner making it more than likely Porto will wrap it up hahaha.