Aston Villa v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out I'm working when this game is on.

Sorry to break it to you, but we never win when I'm at work.

Better luck next year boys!

If we kill you, the cycle will end right? Win = win. You don't work then and we win.

Some pre-match stats...

1. Chelsea have only won 2 of their last 13 Premier League visits to Villa Park - W2 D7 L4. (Only 7 PL wins overall in 20 visits).

2. Rafa Benitez has faced Aston Villa 6 times at Villa Park in the Premier League and his results read - DWDWDW (earliest to latest).

3. Chelsea have picked up 7 points from their last 3 Premier League away matches compared to 0 in 9 prior to that.

4. Aston Villa have won just 3 of their last 11 home games in the Premier League, losing six of those matches. (via Guardian)

5. Aston Villa have not kept a clean sheet in the last 20 Premier League matches. Their previous clean sheet was the 0-0 draw vs Stoke on 8th December.

6. Aston Villa have picked up 16 points from the last 8 Premier League matches (W5 D1 L2) compared to just 6 in 8 games (W1 D3 L4) prior to that.

7. Oscar has scored three goals in his past four Premier League appearances after managing just one in the previous 29. (via Guardian)

8. Fernando Torres has not scored in the Premier League since he opened the scoring in Chelsea's 8-0 defeat of Villa on 23 December. (via Guardian)

9. Christian Benteke has scored 13 Premier League goals in 2013, more than any other player. (via OptaJoe)

10. Chelsea have not beaten Paul Lambert's team (Wycombe Wanderers in 06/07 and Norwich in 11/12 season) away from home in all comps - D2.

I'm nervous about this game.

Ditto.

You just know both Arse and Spuds will win their games with the luck Arse gets and Bale will probably score an 88th minute winner for Spuds.

We need to score early and kill the game. I'll be nervous until the final whistle even if we're up 3-0 at the half.

I am concerned about this game, big time. Vila are on a bit of a crest, and we were so near yet so far (Cheers for that Thrush). With this in mind, I reckon TFSW will go for it, Yossi in centre of defence, Mikel Obi as the lone striker. Paulo as attacking midfielder and Frank as right back :rolleyes:

No resting of players... Worry about Wednesday on Wednesday...

Best team... Let's get the job done.

Cech

Azpi Ivan JT cole

Luiz lamps

Oscar mata hazard

Ba

3 points thank you very much... Come home Jose.

And then think about the Europa League final.

Don't worry guys we won't lose, I'll be at Villa Park. We haven't lost whenever I've been to a game yet... :halo:

A draw won't do us much good so you're not helping, mate. :lol: