Aston Villa v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im concerned about a stupid line-up.

I can see Benitez resting players and choosing a weakened squad on saturday.

We do need to though, the problem is that our reserve players are nowhere near the same level as the starting guys. We can't afford to lose another final therefore cannot afford to be going into it below 100%. Beat Benfica and Everton and the Villa game doesn't matter and i also believe any team we put out is as good as theirs, even with Benayoun, Moses and Marin (Has he disappeared again?), Ba, Terry, Lampard. It can beat Villa (i said that about Southampton too...)

Blah blah blah....Must win.....Blah blah blah....strong team.....blah blah blah.....just end the season now....blah blah.

Sorry, but is anyone just about as fed up of the same fucking shit as I am. I'm not going to write what I think this match will end because it could be depressing, nor am I going to try and guess the team because beyond Ba and Cech it could be literally anyone.

It would be nice if for the first time this season that we took a chance to end this crap though. I don't care how it happens, I just want us to put some of this shit to bed. I want to enjoy at least one moment this season.

---------------------------------------Cech------------------------------------------------------------------

------Azpi(seems like he's never tired)-----Terry----------Luiz-------------Bertrand if fit---------

--------------------------------Ake----------------------Lampard---------------------------------------

------------Moses------------------------Oscar-------------------------------Benayoun--------------

----------------------------------------Ba----------------------------------------

Ramires, Hazard, Mata to come from the bench if needed in the second half.

Their midfield is not very good and not very pacey, whe should be capable to pass the ball around them quite easily.

Blah blah blah....Must win.....Blah blah blah....strong team.....blah blah blah.....just end the season now....blah blah.

Sorry, but is anyone just about as fed up of the same fucking shit as I am. I'm not going to write what I think this match will end because it could be depressing, nor am I going to try and guess the team because beyond Ba and Cech it could be literally anyone.

It would be nice if for the first time this season that we took a chance to end this crap though. I don't care how it happens, I just want us to put some of this shit to bed. I want to enjoy at least one moment this season.

Exactly my thoughts :rant:

Just end this top 4 worry now. It's getting boring now

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Bertrand

Ramires Mikel

Moses Mata Oscar

Ba

I'm having this feeling that Benitez will field a similar weak lineup here like the one he did in the away league game against Southampton. Then again, maybe it's because I'm just feeling pessimistic right now.

Possible, but if that means Terry, Lampard and Ba return to the lineup I wouldn't mind too much. I just hope he doesn't compromise on the midfield completely.

I don't think we'll win.

History and the greater desire to win (it would seem, judging from the gutless attitude of some of the players yesterday) belongs to Villa. Our record at Villa Park is horrific. Lambert has been using the 8-0 as motivation for his players and they will definitely have a point to prove. They are also in great form at this moment; a totally different beast we beat by that fluke score in December.

I think a draw is the best we'll get from this. Hope I'm wrong.

It's laughable how people are so ignorant and arrogant to assume "we'll thrash them". Not a chance. If we win, it will be a cagey 1-0. But a draw is far more likely than that, and I can even see Villa doing us here.

I don't think we'll win.

History and the greater desire to win (it would seem, judging from the gutless attitude of some of the players yesterday) belongs to Villa. Our record at Villa Park is horrific. Lambert has been using the 8-0 as motivation for his players and they will definitely have a point to prove. They are also in great form at this moment; a totally different beast we beat by that fluke score in December.

I think a draw is the best we'll get from this. Hope I'm wrong.

It's laughable how people are so ignorant and arrogant to assume "we'll thrash them". Not a chance. If we win, it will be a cagey 1-0. But a draw is far more likely than that, and I can even see Villa doing us here.

Agbonlahor, Weimann and Benteke pose a formidable threat going forward but Villa's defence is still there for the taking especially given Villa's motivation to win. They will try and push up which can only be good for Chelsea. Hazard will destroy Lichaj or Lowton at Right-Back i think. It is all upto the final ball and the finishing because we will get the chances to win it on Saturday

^ can't really blame me after yesterday though. I thought Spurs were subdued, and quite poor, for 80 minutes yesterday. Then Gylfi scored and they were all over us. We had a real chance to win yesterday and secure UCL qualification. Instead we seem intent on doing it the Chelsea FC way - AKA the hard way.

Defintely too much pesimism... They should all be really up for this game. Play a strong team and theres no reason why we can't win this game. Yes, they are better than when we played them in December. But they're still not that good.