Jase

Man of the Match  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard went straight down the tunnel also from what I saw. Obviously not too happy with the fat cunt

He was injured this same week... all the injured players do the same. And yes, I wasn't happy with him neither but we can not lose focus here, WE NEED A STRIKER, AND WE NEED HIM NOW. We have the worst striker in the entire PL, and BA isn't performing in the level expected.

Let's get Falcao/Cavani/Lewandowski/Lukaku and the sooner the better please...

Torres was probably our best player. (1 assist, 3 key passes, 7 tackles, made some good runs) These things are getting silly because Hazard just wins (and easily )whenever there isn't one obvious candidate... There were a lot of good candidates. Oscar played very well also and apart from the first goal, I thought Cahill and Azpi were excellent.

Also, I am hardly Rafa's biggest supporter, but being an armchair general substitutions is ridiculous. I didn't like them myself (would have preferred to see Luiz or Ramires off with 15-20 minutes to go) but they have access to tons more information than we do. (Maybe one player stops running after 80 minutes, maybe another player becomes much less effective after the 75th minute, etc...) Every manager will make subs that seem weird especially when a team has a weak bench like ours (in relative terms) is. Your magical substitutions will always remain perfect because they will never be tried but the odds are that they wouldn't have made a difference at all.

A question for you all

In terms of what happened in the match and table standings, would you call it a point won or 2 points lost?

2 points dropped. Took the lead twice and gave two very poor goals away. Created tons of chances but failed to convert them, as always. Paid the price for it this time and Spurs leave the game with an undeserved point.

He was injured this same week... all the injured players do the same. And yes, I wasn't happy with him neither but we can not lose focus here, WE NEED A STRIKER, AND WE NEED HIM NOW. We have the worst striker in the entire PL, and BA isn't performing in the level expected.

Let's get Falcao/Cavani/Lewandowski/Lukaku and the sooner the better please...

Ba is an ok player, Benitez just likes Torres more for whatever reason.

A question for you all

In terms of what happened in the match and table standings, would you call it a point won or 2 points lost?

2 points lost. I believe Terry and Lampard would have made a difference in this match.

What an aggravating game. I know that the result is okay for us either way, but it doesn't change the fact that this was a match that we really should have won. We started out incredibly well the second half, but I really think that our hectic schedule and fatigue started to show, so we really paid the price for not scoring a goal, especially because the yids started to get a foothold. However, it doesn't change the fact that Rafa's tactics were appalling. To take off Hazard and Oscar and bring on Moses and Benayoun when we started to get dominated in midfield.... where's the logic in that? Ramires had a pretty poor second half and the smartest thing to do would have been to bring Lamps on for him. The sooner that Rafa leaves and takes his piss poor tactics with him, the happier I will be.

This gets us closer to the finish line, but it's really frustrating when we really should have taken all three points.

Just came home from the Bridge. What a special day. Gutted that we never won, we fully bossed the majority of the game - just ran out of steam in the end. The atmosphere was fantastic, don't know how we sounded on TV though.

Oscar, Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Azpilicueta and Ivanovic all had fantastic games.

Oscar - my word is this kid going to be special. He's not a right winger at all but he linked up play so well on that right side. His work rate was excellent and he poached his goal really well. He, alongside Azpilicueta, basically shut down that right flank Bale was operating on.

Azpilicueta had Bale in his pocket for most of the game, it was fantastic. Almost my MOTM, he really is underrated.

Ramires basically put his heart on the line on the pitch. He really finished his goal excellently and ran his heart off, completely bossed the middle alongside Luiz.

This is the first time I got to see Hazard in the flesh and my word, this guy is criminally good. He destroyed Kyle Walker on numerous times. This guy will slaughter the PL next season. My MOTM, followed closely by Oscar. I can't believe Rafa took him off.

Rafa threw the game for us. Torres was horrible, I kept a very close eye on him all game and honestly, he hardly put in work. Apart from his assist to Ramires' goal (which was more down to Ramires' brilliance) he was torrid. I maintain the belief that we would've won if we played Ba instead because 90% of what Torres did just didn't go. The fact that Rafa took off Oscar and Hazard was a big factor in our draw too considering they were both the best players on our team IMO. The Benayoun - Oscar sub was one of the most bewildering things I've ever seen, it really put a damper in the atmosphere. He should've put on Lampard to liven up the Bridge but yeah, can't do anything about it now. If you asked me at the start I would've been happy with a draw but if you ask me now its two points lost...

Anyway, we win on Saturday and I think we're pretty much guaranteed top four. I'll try upload some videos to YouTube later. KTBFFH!

Ps.

WE HATE TOTTENHAM. WE HATE TOTTENHAM. WE HATE TOTTENHAM.

That's the problem with us this season. We neither got the nerves nor the manager to make it big time. This is why we did not win the Carling Cup, why we lost to Corinthians at the CWC and why we will not win the Euro League title.

Spot on!

I garauntee we don't win Europa, simply because we don't have it in us, did you just see the Benfica fans and players? They are really up for this, we don't even give a toss and neither does our manager.

Spot on!

I garauntee we don't win Europa, simply because we don't have it in us, did you just see the Benfica fans and players? They are really up for this, we don't even give a toss and neither does our manager.

TBF we really shouldn't be acting like the Benfica fans and players. We won the UCL last year, and The players are treating the EL with professionalism.

I don't see the big fuss because if we didn't care Rafa wouldn't have managed the team as carefully as he did and I think we would have seen it in the players play if they honestly didn't care. (I mean come on we've seen this team play some BAD football this year i think we would have noticed.) They care, but we know we are/can play better than Europa league football.

It's a competition we should and are expected to win not only as reigning UCL champs but also because of our stature, as CFC. Don't see how not running about and cheering means we don't have it us to win it.

Just came home from the Bridge. What a special day. Gutted that we never won, we fully bossed the majority of the game - just ran out of steam in the end. The atmosphere was fantastic, don't know how we sounded on TV though.

Oscar, Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Azpilicueta and Ivanovic all had fantastic games.

Oscar - my word is this kid going to be special. He's not a right winger at all but he linked up play so well on that right side. His work rate was excellent and he poached his goal really well. He, alongside Azpilicueta, basically shut down that right flank Bale was operating on.

Azpilicueta had Bale in his pocket for most of the game, it was fantastic. Almost my MOTM, he really is underrated.

Ramires basically put his heart on the line on the pitch. He really finished his goal excellently and ran his heart of, completely bossed the middle alongside Luiz.

This is the first time I got to see Hazard in the flesh and my word, this guy is criminally good. He destroyed Kyle Walker on numerous times. This guy will slaughter the PL next season. My MOTM, followed closely by Oscar. I can't believe Rafa took him off.

Rafa threw the game for us. Torres was horrible, I kept a very close eye on him all game and honestly, he hardly put in work. Apart from his assist to Ramires' goal (which was more down to Ramires' brilliance) he was torrid. I maintain the belief that we would've won if we played Ba instead because 90% of what Torres did just didn't go. The fact that Rafa took off Oscar and Hazard was a big factor in our loss to considering they were both the best players on our team IMO. The Benayoun - Oscar sub was one of the most bewildering things I've ever seen, it really put a damper in the atmosphere. He should've put on Lampard to liven up the Bridge but yeah, can't do anything about it now. If you asked me at the start I would've been happy with a draw but if you ask me now its two points lost...

Anyway, we win on Saturday and I think we're pretty much guaranteed top four. I'll try upload some videos to YouTube later. KTBFFH!

Ps.

WE HATE TOTTENHAM. WE HATE TOTTENHAM. WE HATE TOTTENHAM.

You're a very smart, insightful poster but there is no way Mata had anything more than a below average game.

You're a very smart, insightful poster but there is no way Mata had anything more than a below average game.

Maybe excellent was a bit of a hyperbole regarding Mata but he was one of our better players, even though he didn't take his chances and should've slipped in Ramires cleaner he still showed his class at times. I did feel he played a part in us dominating the majority of the game. His excellent corner (right in front of me mind :P) got us that opening goal after all.