Rubin Kazan v Chelsea

Jase

Makes perfect sense to field a strong team in the first leg and fight hard to get the advantage and then throw the tie in the second leg by playing the U19 team.

I honestly can't understand why some people are so much against the idea of progressing in the Europa League. Going all the way would only mean three additional matches and that's nothing compared to the amount of games our lads have already played so far this season. They are professional players who have one of the best medical teams at their disposal to ensure they recover from matches as fast as possible so three additional games shouldn't really be a problem. Reaching at least one cup final would most definitely give the players the momentum to go on and maybe do better in the league as well, that's way more important than resting them for a match or two by being knocked out of the tournament.

Even though it's not quite at the level of the Champions League, the Europa League is still a great competition. We as a club are not yet that big to be overlooking the Europa League, especially given our form in the PL for the last couple of years. Some of our newer players are not that used to winning things in their careers either so they should be looking to do as well as possible in every available competition to get valuable experience of playing in big cup finals and so on.

How would you know if three additional games is a problem for the players? They could easily pick up injuries in those three games which could cost us UCL qualification.

We have the toughest fixture list out of the three teams chasing UCL football and you're saying three additional games shouldn't be a problem.

If we had a larger squad or tried to blood in a youngster or two, I'd be more than happy to see us progress in the Europa League...but at this stage of the season, I'd rather see us guarantee UCL football for next season.

The Europa League isn't a great competition & it never will be. It's mainly for Europe's second-tier clubs and a few strong clubs that screw up in the UCL.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very cold in Moscow in the evening. Tomorrow it might reach as high as 7 C. Lots of supporters around the hotel with Rafa banners - supporting him. "Рафа, мы тебя любим" etc Some of them at least seem to be LFC supporters. There's a lot of interest in the game Moscow.

How would you know if three additional games is a problem for the players? They could easily pick up injuries in those three games which could cost us UCL qualification.

Sure, and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. I was talking about the couple extra games not being a problem as far as their tiredness and recovery is concerned, injuries are something no one can predict. And even if there wasn't a match, who's to say someone important doesn't break his leg in training or just by walking down the street? Why do some people always see the negative side of things?

Makes perfect sense to field a strong team in the first leg and fight hard to get the advantage and then throw the tie in the second leg by playing the U19 team.

I honestly can't understand why some people are so much against the idea of progressing in the Europa League. Going all the way would only mean three additional matches and that's nothing compared to the amount of games our lads have already played so far this season. They are professional players who have one of the best medical teams at their disposal to ensure they recover from matches as fast as possible so three additional games shouldn't really be a problem. Reaching at least one cup final would most definitely give the players the momentum to go on and maybe do better in the league as well, that's way more important than resting them for a match or two by being knocked out of the tournament.

Even though it's not quite at the level of the Champions League, the Europa League is still a great competition. We as a club are not yet that big to be overlooking the Europa League, especially given our form in the PL for the last couple of years. Some of our newer players are not that used to winning things in their careers either so they should be looking to do as well as possible in every available competition to get valuable experience of playing in big cup finals and so on.

i hope at least 8 of the 11 named do play

worst case scenario: eliminated from europa league and moses gets injured , best case scenario: eliminated from europa league

therefore nothing to lose

*ENGLISH* The UEFA Europa League Football Rubin Kazan v Chelsea 4:30pm-7:15pm Stream 3
http://1keys.blogspot.com/p/live-tv-3.html
*NORWEGIAN* The UEFA Europa League Football Rubin Kazan v Chelsea 4:30pm-7:15pm Stream 4
http://1keys.blogspot.com/p/live-tv-4.html
*SWEDISH* The UEFA Europa League Football Rubin Kazan v Chelsea 4:30pm-7:15pm Stream 5
http://1keys.blogspot.com/p/live-tv-5.html
*ROMANIAN* The UEFA Europa League Football Rubin Kazan v Chelsea 4:30pm-7:15pm Stream 9
http://1keys.blogspot.com/p/live-tv-9.html
*HUNGARIAN* The UEFA Europa League Football Rubin Kazan v Chelsea 4:30pm-7:15pm Stream 10
http://1keys.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_4801.html
*ITALIAN* The UEFA Europa League Football Rubin Kazan v Chelsea 4:30pm-7:15pm Stream 15
http://1keys.blogspot.com/p/live-tv-15_1.html

i want us to be in the draw tomorrow, it would make it much more interesting

the next 2 games are absolutely crucial, our season can end by Sunday

but if we manage to go through both cups, we're still on course for a good season