Rubin Kazan v Chelsea

Jase

At the end of the day it's a consolation prize and doesn't seem fitting for a club of our magnitude. It's still a trophy that we should be looking to win but honestly I rather have the FA cup and retain a top 3 spot for next year.

My lineup vs. Rubin, should be enough to hold a 3-1 lead.

Cech

Paulo JT Cahill Bertrand

Ake Lampard

Moses Yossi Marin

Torres

This is true, we should be able to retain that margin with that particular lineup. In my honest opinion the Europa league is still a notch above the EPL. One could make the argument that most teams in the Europa would be at least middle of the table EPL sides.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my honest opinion the Europa league is still a notch above the EPL. One could make the argument that most teams in the Europa would be at least middle of the table EPL sides.

Uhhm, no chance. You've exactly said it yourself, most Europa League sides would be mid-table teams here. There is no way the EL is as prestigious as the PL! The only club competition that's superior to the PL is the CL simply because you face the best teams in Europe, unlike the EL.

New to the forum but I just don't get how so many people could care so little about this cup. I think being able to play some of the best teams in Europe is an awesome achievement even if it isn't the Champions League, and winning the Europa league is most definitely superior then an FA cup to me. Some of you guys make it seem like this is a weak competition but you forget so shortly that even after Chelsea were named "European champions" we were beaten badly by Aletico (the other European champions) who only won the little brother Europa league.

We're a spoiled bunch, aren't we? We should be thankful that we have a chance at silverware in this competition. Although I don't agree that this is more important than the FA simple because of the prestigious and historical nature of the FA cup; in fact there was a time when the FA cup was more important than the league in England. But you're in a competition to win it, that's what's football is all about. If we're not careful with the "top 4 is more important than the cups" mentality we'll be turning into Arsenal soon :mouthclosed:

I totally agree with El Ninodinho . It would be great to win the Euroleague. And I read an article that UEFA is trying to get the FInalcandidates to the Championsleague for the following Season.

For me Euroleague is very Important. But I agree with CHOULO19, too. The FA Cup is something really special for english People, for outstanding European Cups may seem more important.

No one should doubt winning EL could be an added bonus to this shitty season.

The question should one ask then. Are the players capable to maintain the form to win FA, EL & end up in top four ?

My priority THE TOP FOUR IN EPL. The rest is not important for now.

No one should doubt winning EL could be an added bonus to this shitty season.

The question should one ask then. Are the players capable to maintain the form to win FA, EL & end up in top four ?

My priority THE TOP FOUR IN EPL. The rest is not important for now.

Exactly this. The top four should be the highest priority by a long shot.

Exactly this. The top four should be the highest priority by a long shot.

As I already said it here several times, I do not object to any trophies.

Nonetheless, I am skeptical whether the current team can do it all.

More games than any other team are scheduled & I just do not believe the team will perform well much longer.

Something will happen soon. The last thing, I would like to see Chelsea being denied the top four.

To me, CL is the most competitive, prestigious league & Chelsea must be playing in it, next year.

Just watched Benitez's post-match interview with Chelsea TV on Sunday. Said he might change the system to put fresher players out there and be stronger. Would be interesting to see if he does that.

We're a spoiled bunch, aren't we? We should be thankful that we have a chance at silverware in this competition. Although I don't agree that this is more important than the FA simple because of the prestigious and historical nature of the FA cup; in fact there was a time when the FA cup was more important than the league in England. But you're in a competition to win it, that's what's football is all about. If we're not careful with the "top 4 is more important than the cups" mentality we'll be turning into Arsenal soon :mouthclosed:

Sanity wins.

We can do all three!! Its a loser mentality to write off competitions and consolidate. The depth players should be able to carry the load

They should .... But we are indeed thin, we lack good squad players we can count on, I believe.

Still, we have gotten his far. Time to drink it all now. So I follow Choulo19's reasoning.

Hopefully, Rafa can manage to put fresher players on, soon.

Otherwise, I have strong doubts about Chelsea´s future results.

Well lets hope they win because we wouldn't want to lose such a quality and passionate fan like yourself.