Rubin Kazan v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did I but last year....?

I would rather see Chelsea gear towards CL, PL titles.

I see your point but this time it would be different, wouldn't it? The new players hardly knew each other, they were still looking for an appropriate system etc. Morevoer, the Supercup is played in Prague, which is just a few minutes from this place :D

Of course I want Chelsea to aim at the highest places and competitions. That's why I want to us to finish in the top 4 this season. But we have also this possibility of making up for the Atletico disaster.

I hope United to beat City tonight..after that we can fight for second place.

Why? It doesnt change anything being 2nd or 3rd...

I prefer City to trash Manure because I hate them!

Come on, it's too much to say that the 3 musketeers shouldn't even travel.. We might need them at some point in the game so warming a cold bench in Russia would be just fine for them I think.

EDIT: Okay, now I feel so stupid for calling them that. :doh:

New to the forum but I just don't get how so many people could care so little about this cup. I think being able to play some of the best teams in Europe is an awesome achievement even if it isn't the Champions League, and winning the Europa league is most definitely superior then an FA cup to me. Some of you guys make it seem like this is a weak competition but you forget so shortly that even after Chelsea were named "European champions" we were beaten badly by Aletico (the other European champions) who only won the little brother Europa league.

It seems a lot of people doubt the quality I our squad players. I think the earlier poor results were due to a combination of total rotation, unfamiliarity, and lack of match fitness. Marin and benayoun are proven starting quality in champions and Europa league sides. With less drastic rotation, performances like rubin (a side that had beaten teams easily upper mid table in England) should be more common now. I was skeptical but now I think that a couple half rotations when absolutely necessary should see us still being able to challenge on all fronts.

Field the B or C team, why do we pay them if we're not going to use them at some point? Yes Torres included :Goober:

Three Yanks posting in a row.

Who is going to go for the C-C-C-Combo breaker?

New to the forum but I just don't get how so many people could care so little about this cup. I think being able to play some of the best teams in Europe is an awesome achievement even if it isn't the Champions League, and winning the Europa league is most definitely superior then an FA cup to me. Some of you guys make it seem like this is a weak competition but you forget so shortly that even after Chelsea were named "European champions" we were beaten badly by Aletico (the other European champions) who only won the little brother Europa league.

There aren't any of the best teams in Europe in this tournament and that's why I and others don't rate it. It's the quarter-finals and the teams are Champions League group stage quality. It's the Championship of tournaments.

At the end of the day it's a consolation prize and doesn't seem fitting for a club of our magnitude. It's still a trophy that we should be looking to win but honestly I rather have the FA cup and retain a top 3 spot for next year.

My lineup vs. Rubin, should be enough to hold a 3-1 lead.

Cech

Paulo JT Cahill Bertrand

Ake Lampard

Moses Yossi Marin

Torres