Morgan Schneiderlin

Spike

Rojo doesn't impress me, Darmian isn't world-class, Shaw is still young and very raw. I like Blind but he isn't a special player, he's one of those utility players that can "do a job". Phil Jones is bang average, Smalling had a very good season last year but is still quite a distance from being a top notch defender, in my opinion. You can have all the firepower in the world, but whoever replaces de Gea next season is going to need to do a massive job because they are well behind us, City, Arsenal, and even Spurs as a defensive unit IMO.

If they sign a very good CB they'll be solid defensively.

Smalling will continue to grow as a player and I back him to have another good season. Darmian is a good player. Maybe not world class but definitely good enough. Shaw still has massive potential. Towards the latter end of the season when United fixed up they didn't concede much at all. They're definitely just as good as Arsenal, Spurs, and even City defensively IMO. Smalling and Shaw would start at all 3 clubs IMO.

If united replace DDG with someone like Lloris as well then their defensive unit isn't too bad at all. You're forgetting that they were a mess defensively because they had to play players like McNair and Blackett.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smalling will continue to grow as a player and I back him to have another good season. Darmian is a good player. Maybe not world class but definitely good enough. Shaw still has massive potential. Towards the latter end of the season when United fixed up they didn't concede much at all. They're definitely just as good as Arsenal, Spurs, and even City defensively IMO. Smalling and Shaw would start at all 3 clubs IMO.

If united replace DDG with someone like Lloris as well then their defensive unit isn't too bad at all. You're forgetting that they were a mess defensively because they had to play players like McNair and Blackett.

I'm not forgetting anything :lol: I'm just remembering that de Gea had to play like Superman because tactically, not personnel-wise, United were an absolute shambles defensively last season for an alarming percent of the time. They improved towards the back end of the season, but again, without a superb goalkeeper they would have struggled last season. There is no commanding presence in their defensive unit, it's as simple as that. They have players that have potential, but right now, I don't see any player in United's defence that I could see getting a place in defence for either of last season's top three.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Skip.

Their defence been weak/shyt is a myth anyway as they had one of the best defensive record in the second half of the season last campaign and actually looked hard to penetrate for the most part once LVG settled in and found the right balance. If they manage to keep De gea and bring in just one CB, they have nothing to worry about.

Their defence been weak/shyt is a myth anyway as they had one of the best defensive record in the second half of the season last campaign and actually looked hard to penetrate for the most part once LVG settled in and found the right balance. If they manage to keep De gea and bring in just one CB, they have nothing to worry about.

DDG is most likely going but if they get a top keeper like Lloris they will be fine. I also think Rojo will improve as he adjusts to the PL.

bastian, herrera, carrick, blind, ADM, fellaini and now morgan.

bit of an overkill to be honest. or maybe ADM is on his way out.

anyways, i agree with skipper. a world class CB (otamendi-rumored) and they will be right up there.

PL is going to be fucking awesome next season.

I dont think either Manchester will be a real threat next season, they will be alot closer than last season, but still, we should win it. However in two years time, we could see them both leapfrog us if we wont make some serious transfers, like Reus, Bale, Vidal, or whoever similar.

We won last year PL with ease, but that doesnt mean we have world class squad. Everyone knows rest of PL was shit, City bottling in second half, United in transition, Pool lost Suarez and Arsenal is Arsenal (but even they are getting better). All these teams are strenghtening alot now (Im sure they will buy a couple of more players) and we will have proper competition in two years, in that time our squad will be truly put on test.

We bottled it in CL big time tbh, that should be our indicator how good our team is and how much more we need to improve, not PL where teams were pure shit last season.

United is getting there. Just a couple more.

---------------------Schwarzer----------------------

-Schafer--Schildenfeld--Schar---Schmelzer--

--Schweinsteiger--Schneiderlin--Schwegler--

---------Schurrle--Schieber--Schone-----------

SCH United

I dont think either Manchester will be a real threat next season, they will be alot closer than last season, but still, we should win it. However in two years time, we could see them both leapfrog us if we wont make some serious transfers, like Reus, Bale, Vidal, or whoever similar.

We won last year PL with ease, but that doesnt mean we have world class squad. Everyone knows rest of PL was shit, City bottling in second half, United in transition, Pool lost Suarez and Arsenal is Arsenal (but even they are getting better). All these teams are strenghtening alot now (Im sure they will buy a couple of more players) and we will have proper competition in two years, in that time our squad will be truly put on test.

We bottled it in CL big time tbh, that should be our indicator how good our team is and how much more we need to improve, not PL where teams were pure shit last season.

Completely agree, we were by far the best team last season not because we were superb but because the other team were just bad.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You