Morgan Schneiderlin

Spike

Judging by their two recent aquasitions, LVG won't be changing his possession for the sake of it then hoofball if we don't score anytime soon.Morgan and Bastian pivot will be solid but has next to no creativity in there.

Will be interesting what happens at United this season, I think they gave LVG a 3 year plan of get top 4, make a credible title challenge then win the league in the 3rd season.

Next to no creativity? Schweinsteiger is certainly a creative midfielder, hes not just an enforcer/ball winner, hes a complete player. Surprised Bayern actually let him go that easily. You throw in Herrera and all of a sudden that MF 3 looks quite class and thats without considering Carrick being the glue. Quite a complete midfield whatever they pick, Schweinsteiger, all round midfield player, Schneiderlin/Carrick more defensive minded but good with the ball and Herrera is also quite rounded but more offensive and able to score goals and make assists.

I would of taken Schweinsteiger here if we could of gotten him. I know it was a year ago but his world cup final performance was out of this world for me. Hes top class.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho just missed his perfect player , damn we gotta wake up soon or be blown away.

Last 4 champions failed to retain due to inadequate summer recruitment. If the msnagers attitude to the market and next season is "nobody is better than ivanovic" , I have little hope. Still time to change of course , but I'm scared

Most weeks two at most will play, Rooney and Fellani are untouchable in LVGs system.

Fellaini is definitely not untouchable. He was only used out of necessity last season, really, because their forward players were so shit and Fellaini is great when Ashley Young is smacking in 50 crosses a game.

Now they have proper, top class midfielders and will play Rooney in his proper position up top as well as bringing in another striker. I doubt we'll see too much of Fellaini at all in their first XI. He'll be a "plan b" and get the odd cup game.

-----Di Maria------Rooney------Mata-----

---------------------Herrera---------------------

--------Schneiderlin---Schweinsteiger--------

Shaw-------New CB-------Smalling------Darmian

-----------------------Keeper-----------------------

Depay and Young as other wide options. They have a potentially fantastic squad.

Fellaini is definitely not untouchable. He was only used out of necessity last season, really, because their forward players were so shit and Fellaini is great when Ashley Young is smacking in 50 crosses a game.

Now they have proper, top class midfielders and will play Rooney in his proper position up top as well as bringing in another striker. I doubt we'll see too much of Fellaini at all in their first XI. He'll be a "plan b" and get the odd cup game.

Depay on the bench is criminal.

-----Depay------Rooney------Mata-----

--Di Maria----Schneiderlin---Schweinsteiger--------

Shaw-------New CB-------Jones------Darmian

not impressed with that team, i think they will come 4th again, if they sign a world class striker, and Di Maria steps up next season then they might challenge us.

I would prefer:

---------------------Di Maria---------------------

This is very dependent on Di Maria being in top form though.

Edit:

Some decent depth on the bench as well from United.

SUB: Valdes, Jones, Rojo, Herrera, Fellaini, Young, New CF. Plus the likes of Valencia, James Wilson, Rafael, Carrick when he's back... They're building a very decent squad.

Depending on their final signings they can definitely make a decent push for the title. PL is looking very exciting next year.

I would prefer:

---------------------Di Maria---------------------

This is very dependent on Di Maria being in top form though.

Yeah, looks very good either way.

Wish we would revert to a 4-3-3. I wanna see us be a dominant side in the middle of the park. Just can't happen in the biggest games against the best opponents because Fabregas isn't mobile or athletic enough. He gets exposed when he's up against athletic and top class midfielders (like Verratti). That's why we tend to play Ramires in those games but he isn't a top quality footballer.

It's why I hoped we'd have been in for a Schniederlin or Vidal.

He's a great midfielder, but not sure if he's the best fit for us considering we play with a double pivot. He's a Mikel replacement, but not someone who improves our first XI.

We need to find a Ramires who can keep possession for the pivot.

He's a great midfielder, but not sure if he's the best fit for us considering we play with a double pivot. He's a Mikel replacement, but not someone who improves our first XI.

We need to find a Ramires who can keep possession for the pivot.

Maybe Aranguiz will be that guy for us if he does come.

They're already almost there defensively. They just need one more CB.

Rojo doesn't impress me, Darmian isn't world-class, Shaw is still young and very raw. I like Blind but he isn't a special player, he's one of those utility players that can "do a job". Phil Jones is bang average, Smalling had a very good season last year but is still quite a distance from being a top notch defender, in my opinion. You can have all the firepower in the world, but whoever replaces de Gea next season is going to need to do a massive job because they are well behind us, City, Arsenal, and even Spurs as a defensive unit IMO.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You