Morgan Schneiderlin

Spike

We have to be in for him as well surely. Schneiderlin should be the absolute minimum level we should add to the midfield, anything below (e.g. Song) and really will be a disappointing transfer window.

Which CM is above Schneiderlin that we could buy? except Pogba.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we need Schneiderlin. Yes, he is a quality player but we don't need him and Matic starting every game because primarily it will be Matic-Fabregas and a no.10. It seems a bit too defensive as well. He would be an excellent option to play alongside Matic in tough away games and so on but not really worth spending over £20m on. That is why I prefer to have Song who is cheaper and home-grown and that is why I doubt Mourinho is considering this deal and probably looking for a cheaper alternative. Especially if we convince Mikel to stay, there is no real need to spend over £20m on Schneiderlin.

I don't think we need Schneiderlin. Yes, he is a quality player but we don't need him and Matic starting every game because primarily it will be Matic-Fabregas and a no.10. It seems a bit too defensive as well. He would be an excellent option to play alongside Matic in tough away games and so on but not really worth spending over £20m on. That is why I prefer to have Song who is cheaper and home-grown and that is why I doubt Mourinho is considering this deal and probably looking for a cheaper alternative. Especially if we convince Mikel to stay, there is no real need to spend over £20m on Schneiderlin.

I agree. when we're playing Cesc-Matic for most games, £20m-£25m for another CM is a lot and i dont think Schneiderlin is that good for this price. Kondogbia was also too expensive.

But can we expect a good enough improvement from Song-Matic-Cesc over Ramires-Matic-Cesc?

There are also cheaper options like Allan, Imbula (off to Inter for a loan and a forced option in 18m Euros), maybe Witsel. It doesnt look like we're going for any of them.

I agree. when we're playing Cesc-Matic for most games, £20m-£25m for another CM is a lot and i dont think Schneiderlin is that good for this price. Kondogbia was also too expensive.

But can we expect a good enough improvement from Song-Matic-Cesc over Ramires-Matic-Cesc?

There are also cheaper options like Allan, Imbula (off to Inter for a loan and a forced option in 18m Euros), maybe Witsel. It doesnt look like we're going for any of them.

Yes imo because Song is a much better defensively than Ramires and is better at holding the ball, dictating play and general passing. Ramires is good and I want him here but in terms of defensive solidarity, Song-Matic-Fabregas is much stronger than Ramires-Matic-Fabregas. Time will tell though.

Yes imo because Song is a much better defensively than Ramires and is better at holding the ball, dictating play and general passing. Ramires is good and I want him here but in terms of defensive solidarity, Song-Matic-Fabregas is much stronger than Ramires-Matic-Fabregas. Time will tell though.

Song, Matic, Fabregas are better offensively than Ramires, Matic, Cesc not defensively lol.

Song, Matic, Fabregas are better offensively than Ramires, Matic, Cesc not defensively lol.

No they are not. The only way offensively Song is better than Ramires is because he is able to provide more assists because of his better passing range. Apart from that offesnively, Ramires is much better going forward. He is faster, excellent for counter attacks, scores a few goals and sometimes does the odd amazing run. Ramires is not solid defensively. Song is more solid but just has lapses of concentration.

I think the main improvement in Song over Ramires is that we'll keep possession better with Song. I think that is the big problem with playing with Ramires, especially against good-great teams, thats what we need to address imo. Getting a CM who will provide the protection for Cesc in those sort of games, while contribute to create possession. I dont know if Song is good enough for that role in Chelsea, but thats what we need.

No they are not. The only way offensively Song is better than Ramires is because he is able to provide more assists because of his better passing range. Apart from that offesnively, Ramires is much better going forward. He is faster, excellent for counter attacks, scores a few goals and sometimes does the odd amazing run. Ramires is not solid defensively. Song is more solid but just has lapses of concentration.

I tend to disagree, Song is not better than Ramires defensively, he is lazy, he's slow in closing down oop's not at all solid. Song is the player who thrives when he's relieved of defensive duties and he is somewhat better than Ramires offensively, he's more powerful, has better passing range, better ball control, dribbling, better through ball, the only thing he lacks is he doesn't score goals. Ramires on the other hand is complete liability on the ball.

I tend to disagree, Song is not better than Ramires defensively, he is lazy, he's slow in closing down oop's not at all solid. Song is the player who thrives when he's relieved of defensive duties and he is somewhat better than Ramires offensively, he's more powerful, has better passing range, better ball control, dribbling, better through ball, the only thing he lacks is he doesn't score goals. Ramires on the other hand is complete liability on the ball.

By trade, Song is a DM. Ramires is a CM who likes getting forward. We are going to have to agree to disagree but I know for sure I would feel a lot more solid in defence with Matic, Song and Fabregas instead of Ramires in there however the bonus with Ramires is that he is able to be effective on the counter attacks. Do you really think we would have more chance of scoring with Song in our team than Ramires? Of course not for me. Just look at Ramires goals over the years. Barca, City, Everton and many more. Song does not have it in him to do that because that is not his style. Ramires when given freedom to go froward can be a huge bonus.

I knew someone was gonna come up with a cheeky reply[emoji58]

I could Photoshop you summet bruv wink_zpsadfjfwot.gif

Imagine him playing with Schweinsteiger in the midfield.

Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger

Ssscchhhh xD

Along side Cesssssshc Fabregasssssh

The worst nightmare of all lazy forum users who can't be arsed to spell a players name correctly xD

Schurly schum mischtake.

Lifes far too schhhort to worry about spelscheck and Englischhh grammar.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You