Talha

Is he really better than Torres or Ba though? Would you play him over Lukaku? Even if you think he is, surely you'd have to agree that he's only marginally better.

If we're going to sign a striker we need one who'd offer huge improvement, not one that would just be slightly better than Torres or Ba. This would be a bad signing in my books.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he really better than Torres or Ba though? Would you play him over Lukaku? Even if you think he is, surely you'd have to agree that he's only marginally better.

If we're going to sign a striker we need one who'd offer huge improvement, not one that would just be slightly better than Torres or Ba. This would be a bad signing in my books.

Don't think he's better than either Ba or Lukaku.

Hope there's nothing to this rumor.

I love this guy lol. I think i mentioned it somewhere before, but i watched some Galatasary games because of Drogba + Sneijder, and Yilmaz scored like every time. He was also one of the top scorers in CL, proving he doesn't score 'simply' because it's the Turkish league.

It really annoys me when the weak league line is used to bellitle a player who has had a really good season, the same happened with Falcao and look how he turned out. Fair enough if it was (no disrespect) the Northern Irish 4th division, but this is a top European League Yilmaz has torn to pieces these last 2 years.

In my book their is the obvious four league's in Europe that are the best, then it is between the Turkish, Portuguese and France (maybe the Dutch league). 67 goals in 82 games over the last two season's, not too shabby at-all.

burak will be 28 in 5 days. falcao was back then 24,25?! also porto is a much better team than Gala is. really not comparable at all. this guy is ok, but no chelsea material. useless money wasting. how can he improve us? he has had 1 good cl season, thats it. his 1st one with bursaspor was awful indeed. people need to be really desperate to want him here.

He is not going anywhere.Turkish Dumb Association has brought a new regulation for foreigner limitation,in which the teams can only have 6 foreigners in a squad of 18.In other words,we wouldn't be able to have Drogba for substitute if we played with 6 foreigners on the pitch except for him LOL.We already have 10 foreigners and we will have to release some of them just because of this nonsense.In this case,we can't afford to lose ANY Turkish player especially the best striker of Turkey so all the rumors are pointless.would be nice to see him play for a top club though.

• 1 month later...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/423217/Burak-Yilmaz-to-shrug-off-Arsenal-and-Liverpool-interest-as-he-closes-in-on-Lazio-move

If he really does move for £12m surely we should bid for him too as the last resort? £12m seem about right for a player who scored over 30 goals last season

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/423217/Burak-Yilmaz-to-shrug-off-Arsenal-and-Liverpool-interest-as-he-closes-in-on-Lazio-move

If he really does move for £12m surely we should bid for him too as the last resort? £12m seem about right for a player who scored over 30 goals last season

Let him go to Lazio. He is 28, he has never played in a strong league.

I don't like Rooney and Suarez, but they can not be compared to Yilmaz. I think Demba Ba would also score 20+ goals in the turkish leauge.

Let him go to Lazio. He is 28, he has never played in a strong league.

I don't like Rooney and Suarez, but they can not be compared to Yilmaz. I think Demba Ba would also score 20+ goals in the turkish leauge.

Didier Drogba, even now, is better than Ba (and Torres) yet can't get close to Yilmaz's return.

12m for him is a great deal, not to mention he won't be on very high wages either. For a player who has scored the amount he has over the past couple seasons - in Europe as well as domestically - it is worth a gamble for any team looking for a striker.

11.8 million pounds and he is yours, Gala's president just confirmed. Worth a shot?

That's a bargain price. Jose himself have said that Burak is world class and could play for any teams. I would say we should go for him.

Apparently Lazio close to sign him

http://www.football-italia.net/38879/yilmaz-agent-awaits-lazio-go-ahead

Yilmaz agent awaits Lazio go-ahead

Burak Yilmaz’s agent has confirmed they’re ready and waiting for Lazio to agree terms with Galatasaray. “There’s no problem with us.”

Representatives from the Turkish club flew in to Rome this morning to discuss the transfer fee, as they reportedly want €15m compared to Lazio’s offer of €9.5m.

“There’s no problem with us. If the two clubs manage to reach an agreement, then we are ready to negotiate the terms of the contract,” agent Ali Egesel told Sporx in Turkey.

“Lazio showed their willingness to speak with us, but first they must resolve the transfer fee issue with Galatasaray. After that agreement between the clubs, then we can talk.”

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You