Talha

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny how people talk so positively about the ''lowness'' of the Turkish League,knowing nothing about it.Yes it used to be low a long time ago.
It is still lower compared to the major leagues such as EPL,La Liga or Serie A.However,it is still more competitive than many european ones like greek,dutch
portugese or maybe even french as is.
Even though galatasaray has a squad of very high quality for Süper Lig,they had to struggle til the 32nd week to mathematically guarantee the championship.I'm a galatasaray fan and like most of the fans I was prejudiced about signing Burak at the beginning of this season.Because galatasaray's priority have always been European competitions rather than Süper Lig and Burak didn't seem to be cabaple of playing in UCL.But he already proved himself by scoring 8 goals.
I mean what more he needs to do to be a chelsea or a big club ''material'' ?.He is underrated just because he is Turk and playing for Gs.If he was Brazillian or something many major clubs would be competing for him.Also I don't understand those who bring up his age.I don't consider him old in today's football. He is a year older than Falcao and a year younger than Torres and imo is in better form than Torres for now.

<_< not really. I guess you know your best teams don't stand a chance against Benfica or Porto

Fener was outclassed in every way by us. And Trabzonspor didn't do better some time ago...

Overall I think there's less young talent in your league than in ours. Although you have way more cash...

btw I remember Yilmaz playing for Trab against us. Looked dangerous but not Chelsea material....

I know Burak and he is not that good at all. Maybe for some Clubs like Liverpool, but Chelsea needs someone who deserves the lion on his chest. I don't think Burak is the right one.

People are forgetting we paid £18m for Lukaku. Yes he was young but also unproven and a massive risk. Burak has been immense in the Champions league this season, playing for a Galatasaray. Chelsea have a better squad than Galatasaray, I really think he could do some damage if he joined us.

<_< not really. I guess you know your best teams don't stand a chance against Benfica or Porto

Fener was outclassed in every way by us. And Trabzonspor didn't do better some time ago...

Overall I think there's less young talent in your league than in ours. Although you have way more cash...

btw I remember Yilmaz playing for Trab against us. Looked dangerous but not Chelsea material....

I'm talking about the competitiviness of a league.I'm not trying to say the Turkish teams are better than the Portugese teams.Portugese League is mainly dominated by Benfica and Porto.As far as I know these two teams finished the season without losing a single game or so.This is something you can never see in Süper Lig.Trabzonspor is the 4th major club in Turkey it is no surprise they were eliminated by Benfica.Burak Yılmaz increased his skills to %200 since then.He is not the same player anymore.

To be honest,Even though i hate them and very glad you made it through the final over them,you eliminated a sh*t fenerbahçe.They got extremely lucky(draws,red cards,weird penalties) through the whole tournament despite their sh*t football and they had their most important players injured in the second leg and yet you could have been kicked out by one goal you know that.Beşiktaş eliminated Braga a few years ago.We beat you at Estadio da Luz in uefa cup.Also we were capable of beating any team on our day (schalke,real,manchester).There are so many examples like that so you can't just say Turkish teams can't stand a chance against Porto or Benfica by looking at one game.

Overall,you are right about the young talents and yes Benfica and Porto are more successfull teams compared to Galatasaray and Fener.But the Turkish League has become one of the most competitive leagues in Europe where any team can beat any team while in the Portugese the champions are determined by the games between Porto and Benfica.It's never easy to score 24 or 33 goals in a seaso here.(Drogba scored only 6 in 17 games).I'm bettin Burak could score much more of this number in the Portugese League

People are forgetting we paid £18m for Lukaku. Yes he was young but also unproven and a massive risk. Burak has been immense in the Champions league this season, playing for a Galatasaray. Chelsea have a better squad than Galatasaray, I really think he could do some damage if he joined us.

so you comparing an 18-year old supertalent, who was chased by Real Madrid and other big clubs, with a 28-year old guy, who played his first good seaoson in the CL (i think he had 0 goals with trabzonspor). not really a good comparison if you ask me.

burak is no chelsea material. he is a good striker, but not good enough for us. we should aim for better players or give the youth (lukaku, feruz) a chance instead of just buying strikers for the sake of it

Also, Lukaku was 12m euros rising up to 18m euros, not £18m.

I'm talking about the competitiviness of a league.I'm not trying to say the Turkish teams are better than the Portugese teams.Portugese League is mainly dominated by Benfica and Porto.As far as I know these two teams finished the season without losing a single game or so.This is something you can never see in Süper Lig.Trabzonspor is the 4th major club in Turkey it is no surprise they were eliminated by Benfica.Burak Yılmaz increased his skills to %200 since then.He is not the same player anymore.

To be honest,Even though i hate them and very glad you made it through the final over them,you eliminated a sh*t fenerbahçe.They got extremely lucky(draws,red cards,weird penalties) through the whole tournament despite their sh*t football and they had their most important players injured in the second leg and yet you could have been kicked out by one goal you know that.Beşiktaş eliminated Braga a few years ago.We beat you at Estadio da Luz in uefa cup.Also we were capable of beating any team on our day (schalke,real,manchester).There are so many examples like that so you can't just say Turkish teams can't stand a chance against Porto or Benfica by looking at one game.

Overall,you are right about the young talents and yes Benfica and Porto are more successfull teams compared to Galatasaray and Fener.But the Turkish League has become one of the most competitive leagues in Europe where any team can beat any team while in the Portugese the champions are determined by the games between Porto and Benfica.It's never easy to score 24 or 33 goals in a seaso here.(Drogba scored only 6 in 17 games).I'm bettin Burak could score much more of this number in the Portugese League

I remember watching both games between Braga and Besiktas and thinking that Braga was far superior... The referee had a say in those games...

In fact I'm not familiarized with your league, but I think you spend way too much money (Gala, Fener) for the end product you get. It's kind of odd that you can't compare the budgets, but we do really step up with fewer resources.

You are right about the rest. Benfica and Porto usually dominate the league, but that doesn't mean the other teams are weak... Sporting finished 7th this season and they hadn't a bad team by any way

so you comparing an 18-year old supertalent, who was chased by Real Madrid and other big clubs, with a 28-year old guy, who played his first good seaoson in the CL (i think he had 0 goals with trabzonspor). not really a good comparison if you ask me.

burak is no chelsea material. he is a good striker, but not good enough for us. we should aim for better players or give the youth (lukaku, feruz) a chance instead of just buying strikers for the sake of it

Super talent? He was great in a below average league before he joined us. It was a massive risk for us.

I don't see why he 'isn't' on the level of certain rival players in the league. You're not magically 'not as good' just because you've played your football in another country. Sure, he may not make the same immediate impact that buying someone from one of the top 4/5 leagues would have, but that doesn't mean he's not as good.

Great in a below average league? Hmm... where's this Yilmaz guy coming from?

Also from a below par league yes, but the difference here is Burak Yilmaz has scored a shit ton of goals in the Champions league this season.

He's had an insane season but i think these rumours are bound to happen because of it. He'll be linked with everyone i suppose. I'd like to see him have 2 or 3 more of these kinds of seasons or maybe join a better league first to see just how good he is. Although that would probably put his valuation up. We need 1 proven guaranteed world class striker who's at the very top level. We have Lukaku and Ba for options already.

Hes 27, in 2 or 3 years he'll nearly be 30 so no point.

EDIT:Sorry just seen its an old post from March gaha.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You