Talha

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

He has 95 goals in 139 games the last three seasons, not too bad.
I am not too familiar with the overall quality of the Turkish league, but he seems quite dependable in Europe aswell.
The Turkish people I know rate him very highly, they say he is a very strong attacker who is excellent with his head and both his feet and quite quick with the ball. Great player overall, I kinda anticipated that we would be linked with him.
I would say that the main drawback is his age, but maybe he is considered to be a short-term option before Lukaku is considered ready. I doubt we will get him for less than £20m though.

Profile: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/burak-yilmaz/profil/spieler_34987.html

Saw him in the Champions League this season and before that a bunch of his games for Turkey, seemed a good goalscorer. Already 28 before the season starts though, so I'm not sure if he's good enough to take the final step to the very highest level when he's only been good for a couple of years as a big fish in a small pond, with all due respect to the Turkish Super Lig. No doubt a gamble which could well pay off but not worth £20m in my opinion, not much room for improvement at his age and there's no guarantees he can keep up a goalscoring record even close to that if he moves away from Turkey.

Guys Burak Yılmaz is a real sensation. When he was about 19 he rocked the second division of Turkey and played some years for that team and made that step to Beşiktaş where he failed cause Tigana played him as winger. Then he played for some middle class teams and where he played well again as a center forward, then for Fenerbahçe as a winger where they sent him to Trabzonspor. He

Probably lost all his confidence. However he played as a center forward again and rocked the league. But this season was incredible.

He fell down so many times but came back. And I can't think of a Galatasaray anymore without him. Especially since only 6 foreigners are allowed to start every match and this is why need qualitative Turkish players.

I think Burak needs Galatasaray and we need Burak.

It is funny how people talk so positively about the ''lowness'' of the Turkish League,knowing nothing about it.Yes it used to be low a long time ago.

It is still lower compared to the major leagues such as EPL,La Liga or Serie A.However,it is still more competitive than many european ones like greek,dutch

portugese or maybe even french as is.

Even though galatasaray has a squad of very high quality for Süper Lig,they had to struggle til the 32nd week to mathematically guarantee the championship.I'm a galatasaray fan and like most of the fans I was prejudiced about signing Burak at the beginning of this season.Because galatasaray's priority have always been European competitions rather than Süper Lig and Burak didn't seem to be cabaple of playing in UCL.But he already proved himself by scoring 8 goals.

I mean what more he needs to do to be a chelsea or a big club ''material'' ?.He is underrated just because he is Turk and playing for Gs.If he was Brazillian or something many major clubs would be competing for him.Also I don't understand those who bring up his age.I don't consider him old in today's football. He is a year older than Falcao and a year younger than Torres and imo is in better form than Torres for now.

The thing about the Turkish league is Burak used to be called a counter attack striker when he was playing for Trabzonspor. He scored more the 60 goals in two seasons there. However that was why we Galatasaray fans thought that he would have failed at us, cause many of the Turkish teams are playing ultra defensive against us in the league. But this year he proved that he has everything what a striker needs.

He has pace, very good headers, is tall, is very strong, hard to push off, clinical finishing, very powerful shooting, great shots outside the box, makes great runs and has a nose for the goals with his great positioning. His free kicks are either goals or hit the post. He also has a good dribbling and can outplay defenders

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You