Southampton v Chelsea

Jase

I hate going up against teams who've just been promoted and are fighting like dogs for the win on the pitch. They're always very difficult.

Somehow, despite this (which would usually have me expecting a cagey 1-1 affair), I'm feeling as if we'll (eventually) win the game after 65 minutes or so of mediocrity. 2-5 or 1-4 to us.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate going up against teams who've just been promoted and are fighting like dogs for the win on the pitch. They're always very difficult.

Somehow, despite this (which would usually have me expecting a cagey 1-1 affair), I'm feeling as if we'll (eventually) win the game after 65 minutes or so of mediocrity. 2-5 or 1-4 to us.

It'll be yet another match where a keeper will have the game of his career against us.

Real opportunity to pad the gap potentially. Wilshere and Walcott are injured so Arse may be gimped a bit.

Just to get anyone excited who's not feeling the buzz for this game :) He's in great goalscoring form at the moment, proven by the fact he's continued his prolificness even with the National Team despite looking as if he doesn't put more than 75% effort into his National Team games. Love him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5qekJTAe-A

1,2 Everton's coming for you.

3,4 Probably not...

will be tough for Chelsea this, City and Liverpool have both lost there and Everton and Arsenal could only manage draws. Still expecting Chelsea to squeeze through though.

It only means FA Cup trophy is not desired at this time.

Personally, I only value the World Cup, Champions League & European Champions. The rest of the competitions are secondary in my view.

With all due respect, I've seen some cringe worthy shit but that bar none takes the cake.

The notion that the FA Cup is not important and that apparently only 'some' consider it an important trophy, when in your argument, you are claiming it isn't because we won it a few times already... :doh:

The FA Cup is the oldest cup competition not just in England, in the world. This cup has the highest amount of domestic prestige(other than the league title) in any league in the world. The fact we have won it so many times this past decade has gained this club's recognition and prestige on a world view and may we continue it. We have the same amount of titles as Liverpool and this by no means is a trophy that is not important considering how close we are to the final.

Who in their right mind would rank the CWC or even the fucking CL as a primary over the fucking League title?

I expect Hazard to be on bench. Having played 180 minutes fo Belgium, he will be given a rest for the FA cup clash. I also expect Luiz to be on bench, for playing 180 minutes for Brazil and also because he is on 9 yellows and another yellow will give him a 2 match suspension. I am sure Rafa won't risk it against Southampton as he needs him against Utd. Found and interesting stat, Over the past 30 days Mata has played 398 minutes over successive matches – Hazard, on the other hand, is now up to 585 minutes, while Oscar, surprisingly, has featured more than either of the duo, with 588 minutes. Branislav Ivanovic played 180 minutes for Serbia. Azpilicueta may well get the nod for the United game, too, leaving Ivanovic to turn out against Rubin Kazan on Thursday.

Cech

Azpi Terry Cahill(Hoping he will be fit) Betrand

Mikel Lampard

Moses Mata Oscar

Torres

With all due respect, I've seen some cringe worthy shit but that bar none takes the cake.

The notion that the FA Cup is not important and that apparently only 'some' consider it an important trophy, when in your argument, you are claiming it isn't because we won it a few times already... :doh:

The FA Cup is the oldest cup competition not just in England, in the world. This cup has the highest amount of domestic prestige(other than the league title) in any league in the world. The fact we have won it so many times this past decade has gained this club's recognition and prestige on a world view and may we continue it. We have the same amount of titles as Liverpool and this by no means is a trophy that is not important considering how close we are to the final.

Who in their right mind would rank the CWC or even the fucking CL as a primary over the fucking League title?

Would you believe I already know plenty about FA Cup ?

Currently this trophy is or should not be important. Chelsea´s priority must be with PL games.

The players are playing games in every 3rd day or so. Therefore, not worth to tire them.

Perhaps, for Englishmen the trophy means a lot. For me PL placement means much more for summer signings & eventual prosperity of the club. It´s very simple.

As for PL title in comparison to CL. I rank it much higher.

Would you believe I already know plenty about FA Cup ?

Currently this trophy is or should not be important. Chelsea´s priority must be with PL games.

The players are playing games in every 3rd day or so. Therefore, not worth to tire them.

Perhaps, for Englishmen the trophy means a lot. For me PL placement means much more for summer signings & eventual prosperity of the club. It´s very simple.

As for PL title in comparison to CL. I rank it much higher.

Who claimed the top 4 isn't our main objective. Does that mean we should fucking throw away the FA cup or field a weak team as you suggested against United? That trophy still has value as well as we are 1 game away from the semi-final. We can turn this shit season into a good one with a 3rd place finish, FA Cup and Europa League title. Rotation is key and these players should be more than ready for this long spell of games considering their quality.

Everything else is secondary

Now you just contradicted yourself.

You first ranked The Champions League trophy as a primary over the League Title, now you are completely abandoning that claim.

Who claimed the top 4 isn't our main objective. Does that mean we should fucking throw away the FA cup or field a weak team as you suggested against United? That trophy still has value as well as we are 1 game away from the semi-final. We can turn this shit season into a good one with a 3rd place finish, FA Cup and Europa League title. Rotation is key and these players should be more than ready for this long spell of games considering their quality.

Now you just contradicted yourself.

You first ranked The Champions League trophy as a primary over the League Title, now you are completely abandoning that claim.

Now, you are posting as someone who does not realize the team may not be capable to win two trophies & end up in top four.

Currently, Chelsea does not have the bench to do it all.

CL trophy is much higher achievement than winning PL.

Now, you are posting as someone who does not realize the team may not be capable to win two trophies & end up in top four.

Currently, Chelsea does not have the bench to do it all.

CL trophy is much higher achievement than winning PL.

This team is capable of many things if they have the desire and passion to do so. Look at last year FFS and look at our last recent games. We may not have a good man motivator manager but we still have leaders on the pitch who can provide. A strong finish of the season should be this club's main motivation and objective and should be airbrushed into their minds.

This team is capable of many things if they have the desire and passion to do so. Look at last year FFS and look at our last recent games. We may not have a good man motivator manager but we still have leaders on the pitch who can provide. A strong finish of the season should be this club's main motivation and objective and should be airbrushed into their minds.

That´s wishful thinking on your part only. The reality might be a bit different.

Inconsistent play of the team has been seen throughout this season. Therefore, I do have some reservation whether it´ll change much.

That´s wishful thinking on your part only. The reality might be a bit different.

Inconsistent play of the team has been seen throughout this season. Therefore, I do have some reservation whether it´ll change much.

Wishful thinking? :lol: The fuck are you on about?

3rd place finish, Europa Title, and a strong FA cup run is wishful thinking giving the amount of money we spent and the talent we have?

Riddle me fucking this, elaborate on your claim in how the CL title should be ranked higher than the League title?

Wishful thinking? :lol: The fuck are you on about?

3rd place finish, Europa Title, and a strong FA cup run is wishful thinking giving the amount of money we spent and the talent we have?

Riddle me fucking this, elaborate on your claim in how the CL title should be ranked higher than the League title?

Basically, it´s very simple. The teams playing in CL are the top of their respective leagues. That says it all. Think about it.

Basically, it´s very simple. The teams playing in CL are the top of their respective leagues. That says it all. Think about it.

Yet the team who won it last year was 6th in their league.

Oh, that was Chelsea by the way.

Edited by The only place to be

Discussing this matter with you in all honesty is pointless considering you made a claim in how the Fa cup has importance only if you were an Englishman...

You don't have to be English FFS to understand the significance of the FA cup and what it means to all clubs, especially Chelsea FC. Glory hunting and Plastic ideology certainly does revolve around this club and it's comments specifically like the one you just made, justifies that. :doh:

Very simple huh? A team that was 20 points off the top and placed in 6th, are top of their respective league? That says it all?

We can't dominate Europe if we can't dominate our own league. The League should ALWAYS be this clubs primary objective. EVERYTHING ELSE is secondary (European Cup followed). The league title determines every aspect on the true nature and quality of the clubs worth. Endurance, winning mentality,Strength, skill, ability, talent, managerial quality: 40 games a season prolonging and to win the title gives you the title of the best in the country. That truly defines a club's worth and quality, not winning the CL (as historic and emotional as it was) by parking the bus and making our own luck to win it when we were outplayed on more than half of the ties.

Champions of Europe, yet 6th best in the Premier League. ONLY ONE DIMMATTEO!!!!!!!!! :cry:

We won the CL because we had players with the highest motivation and desire to win it, not to mention we rode our luck. We weren't the best club or had the greatest players. Who ever wins the League title shows all the quality that truly identifies them as the best in the country, not by luck.