Chelsea 3-1 Steaua Bucharest

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Really makes you wonder why Torres can't play at his former level more often. He showed today he still has it in him. He must have the world's worst mental block of any professional athlete.

Torres is past it...but he can still play well...once every 10 games...which is the reason why we need a new striker.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one question : Chelsea played this game at Stamford Bridge ? Because all I heard was ROMANIA and STEAUA ! ( you really should be ashamed )

Besides that, you deserved to qualify, Hazard was brilliant. Good luck !

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think most of the fans at Stamford bridge are more casual and "pedestrian" compared to the travelling ones.

it has always been so ...even when the Shed roared it was nothing like when we travelled

Really makes you wonder why Torres can't play at his former level more often. He showed today he still has it in him. He must have the world's worst mental block of any professional athlete.

He needs a kick to the face every now and then to get motivated.

THE LORD GIVETH CONFIDENCE

THE LORD TAKETH IT AWAY

I have one question : Chelsea played this game at Stamford Bridge ? Because all I heard was ROMANIA and STEAUA ! ( you really should be ashamed )

If we are drawn against the Spuds you will here the Lions Roar especially if its at the Lane

Torres would of been crucified on here if Steaua had scored after missing that pen but credit were & when its due, he had a good game tonight.

Performance wasn't the best but done enough, one thing to note though - Cech sort out your kicking!

Not embarrassed about the fans at all, many don't hold this cup with any regard & how many games have they had to fork out for this season on top of travel - bloody expensive hobby! Hopefully Spurs next, less travel & would be a tad enjoyable to knock em out.

We won... We should have won with the team we played... Torres had his best game in quite a while which says something when it includes a mistake for the first goal we conceded and a missed pen, but still I'm comparison to the usual he did well... Hazard bossed it though along with cole who were both very good. Along with Cech who made a key save early on.

Job done... Hopefully we don't get some Russian team in the next round or anything which means we get a long journey.

Thing is our fans arent made of money and games like this probably bottom of the pile.I went to this one cause being cheapish compared to £60 odd for the league games etc.And like the bloke next to me was saying,Rafa doesnt exactly help either! Away fans always seem to be louder at our place and other then the Shed the other areas pretty empty.That and there were quite a few Romian in with the Chelsea fans just obviously keeping quiet

Funny game though,dodgy in parts and then kinda okish the rest.And we know never to let Torres to take pens!Nice to see him score though.

Their number 77 whatever his name was..thought he was knocked out!Then mins later fine and dandy..

The 'welcome to our Czech Republic' vistors was a bit of a wooops awakward moment though!

good performance. but still cant figure out if qualifying was good or bad for the club. anyways hazard and mata were brilliant. rambo played like a boss. nando was good for the last third of the game.

anyways hope to get rubin kazan for the next round.

by the way what do u guys think about cole? for me it has been evident that his performances have been continously been dipping. seriously dont see him being much better than bertrand at the moment.

Away fans always do make more noise, take Sunday for example we made more noise at Old Trafford.

There was Dinamo Bucharest fans sitting with the Chelsea fans :ph34r:

I think that's the first winner Torres has actually ever scored for us which has ended up being the last goal.

He only ever seems to score when our team has already scored another 3 goals.