Chelsea 3-1 Steaua Bucharest

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

That's because at LFC he rode on the wave of a supportive crowd. He knew they wouldn't boo him even if he took chances and missed. He also had a manager who understood him, a captain who supported him and played to his strengths, whereas at Chelsea.....crowd.....captain (fill in the dots).

Uhhm when did you start supporting CFC? Can you please stop pretending that most CFC fans haven't supported Torres through thick and thin for nearly two years before recent months? I mean Torres had his own banner at the Bridge before Drogba FFS.

And can people also stop pretending that the atmosphere is always this bad at the Bridge? That was truly the worst from the fans this season by far IMO, we're a lot better usually. It definitely has to do with the fact that we're in the EL. It's usually pumped during CL games.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Rafa and nice profit on your faith in Torres despite all the boo boys.

Rafa is starting to instill a brain and a backbone into this team of youngsters and old lags. Another year more and he will make them champions if we can persuade him to stay despite the other job offers he has.

So after beating Steau with essentially RDM's starting line up you think we should offer the job to Rafa? You are so deluded. I doubt Rafa has the many other job offers you claim he does either.

As a romanian Steaua and Chelsea fan..i must say:

Congrats guys..i hope Chelsea will won Europa League..we played our chance..im a lil' nostradamus..as i said we're gonna beat Chelsea in the first leg with 1-0 and we'll be beaten by at least 2 goals at Stamford Bridge..

Im a Chelsea fan when it doesnt involve Steaua :) ..but i can tell you my honest opinion: ..rafa must surely go (this season is over..but i still hope we're gonna catch the third spot in the PL and with God's help maybe the FA Cup)..obi its weaker than Steaua's Bourceanu (who costs about 1/10 of his value)..i can see that Mata its seen as a world class player..but i see him mediocre..Chelsea should find a veritable AM playmaker..I really like Eden though(hes a real tallent..our messi).. you guys should also give a brake to Marko Marin..hes a bright youngster who can be a leading star in 2 years..i dislike that jewish guy..i dont even want to write his name...hes washed out..Ashley Cole was excellent as usual..Azpilicueta is in my opinion a great DR (much better than Ivanovic)..Luiz rullzzzz..I wont mention Terry because his my favorite..Frank is getting old but it should still be on the first 11..oscar will sure leave the team because he's not Chelsea material..keep faith in Torres - he needs a more motivational manager to lead this superb team..

In other order..I haven't appreciated the fact that our players had a hotel alarm in the middle of the night..but..the fact that Steaua lost to Chelsea have nothing to do about it..

Anyway..i saw some bad remarks about my country and my team.. so i want to point some of them

1) third country team (semi-professional team) - Steaua have won Champions League trophy in '86 (and has one CL final in '89), an European Super Cup also in '86, an Europa League semi final in 2006 (lost against Middlesborough), and it is the most successful team from my country with 23 championships won (this year we'll celebrate the 24th because we're 12 points ahead) - in my opinion Steaua would be a middle table team in your league without problem

2) who the f.. is Chiriches? - hes a youngster (23 yo) with great attitude and excellent skills (a great DC) - you will sure hear about him in the future as the media says that Man City wants to pay 15 mil pounds for him (our Steaua owner doesnt want to sell him though without 30 mil euros)

3) fu.. Romania..fu.. all romanians - i mean why? why should i hear such a thing? we always were a country that had nothing to do with no one ..we just defended our territory..we're really proud that we defeated the Turkish empire from invading our country(and europe as well)..we're really proud that we invaded USSR in '41 to regain our moldavian land that was taken from us..i dont know..we have such a great history (im not comparing Romania to England..but think about it ..a 24 million people country ..invaded Russia)..you guys have heard about Dracula right? :)

4) Hagi - i seen some bad remarks about him also..he was our best ever player..you should watch his moments on ytube

5) Dan Petrescu was just a mediocre player in Chelsea's history - im gonna quote what Petrescu said for romanian media before the second leg "Chelsea team will show our Steaua team theyr real value..and im sure that they wont have a problem against us..romanians will see the real Chelsea face in this game (he was also a former Steaua player) [..]..i was very glad when my daughter (who's name is Chelsea) has recieved tickets for the Stamford Bridge game..i would be very glad to manage Chelsea in the near future (as he is a successful russian premier league manager now)"

Cheers ..and fu..United

" lol at Rafa tactics...No goal, no motivation in first half. Fucking steaua played more attractive than us in 1st half."

If you were a bit more astute you would have noticed that Rafa wasn't playing in the first and if he had been he wouldn't have allowed that soft corner to go in. Reference my other posts where I have explained that we are inexperienced and it takes us 45 minutes and a half-time talk from Rafa to really understand what's going on.

I agree about inexperience, but this Chelsea team is made to keep the ball, not to let opponent to control it. If thats the case, why did we fire rdm then? Luiz is still mistake prone, so is Mikel...inconsistency comes from youth of players, but motivation and tactics come from coach. After loosing 1:0 away we should go out with all cannons leading at break with 3:0. Steaua isnt Barca or Manu...and we do have such quality and talent. Look at Inter or Arsenal when they lost first match. Then despite impossible mission, they still had motivation to bounce back. We looked no motivated without will and plan thanks to Rafa. If we lost first match 4:0, rafa would stil only want not to concede goal at home lol. Guy is some kind of tactician but he is idiot whe comes to motivating this team, when we realy need to destroy opponent. Rafa just says play counter attack with shit defence, no deep playmaker, tired Mata and shit striker. Obviously this team is created to keep the ball, play around opponent and score with quick passing and pressing. But Rafa only wants a fucking clean sheet.

Happy to win because of those annoying fans who were on here, but I still hate this tournament. Look at the 8 teams left, which team would be a major accomplishment to beat? The two best teams left in the tournament are Chelsea and Spurs so even if we do well, we're just beating teams we should be beating anyway. I'd rather win it than not, but not if the cost is going to be playing a regular starting XI.

Mata easy MOTM to me. Hazard and Cole were excellent as well and Cech and Torres put in good games but...Mata had a goal and 2 assists. We won 3-1 and Mata was involved in every goal. No other player was involved in more than 1 goal and neither Cole nor Hazard were involved in scoring at all and the game is about results.

As a romanian Steaua and Chelsea fan..i must say:

Congrats guys..i hope Chelsea will won Europa League..we played our chance..im a lil' nostradamus..as i said we're gonna beat Chelsea in the first leg with 1-0 and we'll be beaten by at least 2 goals at Stamford Bridge..

Im a Chelsea fan when it doesnt involve Steaua :) ..but i can tell you my honest opinion: ..rafa must surely go (this season is over..but i still hope we're gonna catch the third spot in the PL and with God's help maybe the FA Cup)..obi its weaker than Steaua's Bourceanu (who costs about 1/10 of his value)..i can see that Mata its seen as a world class player..but i see him mediocre..Chelsea should find a veritable AM playmaker..I really like Eden though(hes a real tallent..our messi).. you guys should also give a brake to Marko Marin..hes a bright youngster who can be a leading star in 2 years..i dislike that jewish guy..i dont even want to write his name...hes washed out..Ashley Cole was excellent as usual..Azpilicueta is in my opinion a great DR (much better than Ivanovic)..Luiz rullzzzz..I wont mention Terry because his my favorite..Frank is getting old but it should still be on the first 11..oscar will sure leave the team because he's not Chelsea material..keep faith in Torres - he needs a more motivational manager to lead this superb team..

In other order..I haven't appreciated the fact that our players had a hotel alarm in the middle of the night..but..the fact that Steaua lost to Chelsea have nothing to do about it..

Anyway..i saw some bad remarks about my country and my team.. so i want to point some of them

1) third country team (semi-professional team) - Steaua have won Champions League trophy in '86 (and has one CL final in '89), an European Super Cup also in '86, an Europa League semi final in 2006 (lost against Middlesborough), and it is the most successful team from my country with 23 championships won (this year we'll celebrate the 24th because we're 12 points ahead) - in my opinion Steaua would be a middle table team in your league without problem

2) who the f.. is Chiriches? - hes a youngster (23 yo) with great attitude and excellent skills (a great DC) - you will sure hear about him in the future as the media says that Man City wants to pay 15 mil pounds for him (our Steaua owner doesnt want to sell him though without 30 mil euros)

3) fu.. Romania..fu.. all romanians - i mean why? why should i hear such a thing? we always were a country that had nothing to do with no one ..we just defended our territory..we're really proud that we defeated the Turkish empire from invading our country(and europe as well)..we're really proud that we invaded USSR in '41 to regain our moldavian land that was taken from us..i dont know..we have such a great history (im not comparing Romania to England..but think about it ..a 24 million people country ..invaded Russia)..you guys have heard about Dracula right? :)

4) Hagi - i seen some bad remarks about him also..he was our best ever player..you should watch his moments on ytube

5) Dan Petrescu was just a mediocre player in Chelsea's history - im gonna quote what Petrescu said for romanian media before the second leg "Chelsea team will show our Steaua team theyr real value..and im sure that they wont have a problem against us..romanians will see the real Chelsea face in this game (he was also a former Steaua player) [..]..i was very glad when my daughter (who's name is Chelsea) has recieved tickets for the Stamford Bridge game..i would be very glad to manage Chelsea in the near future (as he is a successful russian premier league manager now)"

Cheers ..and fu..United

So...replace Mata with new AM? Sell Oscar cuz he aint Chelsea material, but keep Marin? Torres to return? Mikel worse than steaua DM? Lol

You are a very weird cfc fan or just another troll trolling around. I mean we realise that Mata and Oscar are not Messi, but they will sure lead this team in future. Oscar is fuckin 21 ffs.

Thank you for opinion, good bye.

And btw Chiriches (or whateva) is not worth more than 10mio. Overrated by his agent to make some money and spreading 'news' about Real, CitY, Chelsea to be interested in him...30mio? LOL.

So...replace Mata with new AM? Sell Oscar cuz he aint Chelsea material, but keep Marin? Torres to return? Mikel worse than steaua DM? Lol

You are a very weird cfc fan or just another troll trolling around. I mean we realise that Mata and Oscar are not Messi, but they will sure lead this team in future. Oscar is fuckin 21 ffs.

And btw Chiriches (or whateva) is not worth more than 10mio. Overrated by his agent to make some money and spreading 'news' about Real, CitY, Chelsea to be interested in him...30mio? LOL.

He sounded like a typical Chelsea terrace fan Booing the manager and most of the players. Also talked a lot about buying success.

Happy to win because of those annoying fans who were on here, but I still hate this tournament. Look at the 8 teams left, which team would be a major accomplishment to beat? The two best teams left in the tournament are Chelsea and Spurs so even if we do well, we're just beating teams we should be beating anyway. I'd rather win it than not, but not if the cost is going to be playing a regular starting XI.

Lazio and Rubin, Benfica shouldnt be underestimated mate. They are not big name clubs, but are doing well in EL.

Rubin defeated Atletico, same team we lost 4:0. But yeah, Atletico, Ajax and Napoli are all out, they are teams I would love us to face. I want Lazio or Spurs in next round, we will play against them sooner or later. And sure it will be nice clash to beat Spurs or to see how good would we play vs Lazio...

Lazio and Rubin, Benfica shouldnt be underestimated mate. They are not big name clubs, but are doing well in EL.

Rubin defeated Atletico, same team we lost 4:0. But yeah, Atletico, Ajax and Napoli are all out, they are teams I would love us to face. I want Lazio or Spurs in next round, we will play against them sooner or later. And sure it will be nice clash to beat Spurs or to see how good would we play vs Lazio...

Lazio is 6th in Seria A and Rubin Kazan is 6th in Russia. Chelsea and Spurs are both better. Benfica is a decent club for sure, but not a top side. We could lose to anyone but there isn't a team we should lose to but that's the nature of the Europa League. Spurs would be the worst for me because it would make us play a very strong lineup because of our rivalry and we'd all hate to lose to them.

yeahhh....replace Mata.. i dont see him as good as you :)..(my honest opinion) ...oscar should start another sport - lets say we would invent a tanning sport for him

(really..i meant it when i said he's not Chelsea material)..

Marin has real tallent..his the fastest player Chelsea has..great technique..good dribbling..excellent positioning..and you cant compare Mikel with Bourceanu - Steaua player has at least one class over him..and mind your own business..u cant sort cfc fans.. and by the way..im sure that if you sell Mata and Oscar..(or) abramovich could buy a super star like ribery..doesnt matter..we're all here to share opinions right? good bye to you too.

P.S. i dont know Chiriches value cuz im not a scout or an agent..but i know that you'll hear about him in the future :)

Lazio is 6th in Seria A and Rubin Kazan is 6th in Russia. Chelsea and Spurs are both better. Benfica is a decent club for sure, but not a top side. We could lose to anyone but there isn't a team we should lose to but that's the nature of the Europa League. Spurs would be the worst for me because it would make us play a very strong lineup because of our rivalry and we'd all hate to lose to them.

Rubin is nothing special...but have you even seen Lazio play? They are better than us right now. Might be six in serie a, but are playing best football in EL, mate.

yeahhh....replace Mata.. i dont see him as good as you :)..(my honest opinion) ...oscar should start another sport - lets say we would invent a tanning sport for him

(really..i meant it when i said he's not Chelsea material)..

Marin has real tallent..his the fastest player Chelsea has..great technique..good dribbling..excellent positioning..and you cant compare Mikel with Bourceanu - Steaua player has at least one class over him..and mind your own business..u cant sort cfc fans.. and by the way..im sure that if you sell Mata and Oscar..(or) abramovich could buy a super star like ribery..doesnt matter..we're all here to share opinions right? good bye to you too.

P.S. i dont know Chiriches value cuz im not a scout or an agent..but i know that you'll hear about him in the future :)

After reading...Oscar should start another sport...I lost my hope on you...

Tbh, Rubin beat Atletico in Spain 2-0. Atletico have one of the best defences in the league and for Rubin to beat them shows that they are quite a strong team as we saw Atletico beat us 4-1. We have not been great in this competition either. I think any team can win it tbh. I would not necessarily say that us and Tottenham are the most likely teams to win it. Stated it already but there are hungrier teams than us to win this.