Chelsea 3-1 Steaua Bucharest

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

MOTM for me was Rami. Put in a great shift.

Seen a few people having a pop at the fans in this thread. Thursday night, shitty opposition, shitty tournament and unpopular manager. Things aren't ideal at the moment but having a go at the people who actually turn up and support the team is a little out of order in my opinion.

BTW, tickets are available on the website. If you think the atmosphere is shit then turn up and do something about it, or just come along and tell us what shit supporters we are.

Yeah, Ramires has performed great in the last two games. I think when he partners with Mikel, he doesn't have to be as disciplined with his positioning, and is free to wreak havoc with his speed and aggressiveness Prior to this uptick in form, I thought it might be best to let him go in the summer, but if he keeps this up I might be convinced otherwise. He will always be mediocre to poor when it comes to possession play, but his abilities as ball winner and counter attacker might be enough to make up for it.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was quite impressed by the pressing and hard work of Steaua.

The thing I didn't like was the long ball of Cech, I understand them if there is lot of pressure but when there is more time, we should build up more cleanly from the back.

And you understand why Barcelona want a goalkeeper very good with his feet.

I know that the defenders must also do their part but they would do it more willingly with a keeper that is good with the ball at his feet.

That is fine its your opinion. I feel he does exactly what you described we needed, you didn't say we needed someone with a perfect touch that will keep the ball at all cost.

This wasn't my description it was by BlueLyon I just quoted him.

I thought the ability to keep the ball after you've retained it and not giving away fouls would be fundamental attributes to such a type of player demanded, if not, I can do the job too, just have to start running again to get my condition done, hacking and slaying with my knees and don't keep the ball after you've got him back is something I can do all day long...

So after beating Steau with essentially RDM's starting line up you think we should offer the job to Rafa? You are so deluded. I doubt Rafa has the many other job offers you claim he does either.

Well, it's the same line-up but to credit Benitez, we don't defend the same way. We close down more quicly on the side, while with Di Matteo, we were letting teams cross much more, shooting from 20-25 yards.

What I didn't like, was that he tried to change too much the offense to play more directly for Torres.

This wasn't my description it was by BlueLyon I just quoted him.

I thought the ability to keep the ball after you've retained it and not giving away fouls would be fundamental attributes to such a type of player demanded, if not, I can do the job too, just have to start running again to get my condition done, hacking and slaying with my knees and don't keep the ball after you've got him back is something I can do all day long...

Yeah but he wins the ball often without committing fouls and I really do doubt you have half the skill he has even once you fit. Do you have the ability to skim to or three players on the break with ease like he has done countless times, like last night he broke past a player setting up Mata. I just feel a lot of you just seem to see only the bad he does and none of the good. Sorry that i quote the wrong post :blush: .

I couldn't believe the home fans on Stanford Bridge could be such pussies, they were outclassed by the away crowd.

They should be ashamed of themselves, that's NOT how you support a team. It's like they went to a theatre!

I could only hear them at 3-1, well bravo! That's hypocrite attitude, I mean where were they when Chelsea was having a difficult time?

I'm really happy as a Steaua fan, we got way more passion for the team and football in general, while Chelsea fans are just as useful as the ones behind the TVs.

PS: I think even if Steaua would have lost 2-1, we would NOT have qualified by the away goal rule, because Steaua was the home team in fact! :)

Where are all the Steaua fans now, you can come from under your rocks.

Not the greatest performance but we got there. Hazard was immaculate last night, give him and Mata a top notch striker in the summer and we will go places, and fast.

Saying that, fair play to Torres for his goal, well taken just a shame about the penalty miss.

did he really??? thats rude...

You are not taking that seriously, are you? It was just a joke because Mikel had so many shots from distance, hence why Barnett was poking fun at him a bit. Both had a good laugh about it.

Chelsea - Steaua 3-2 agg

Chelsea Fans - Steaua Fans 0-5

Our fans can sometimes be quiet in the small games. Apparently the were only 28,000 fans in attendance which is understandable in some ways considering our current circumstances and the level of opposition.

@ those slamming Oscar, have patience, kinda normal a player has a dip now and then at that age, and he can handle the intensity, he has proven that in the CL games

also you should consider last month, since the first game against praga he played 8 games (even against brentford/middlesbrough, all of them almost 90 minutes, which is a game each 3.5 days / 2 a week, which is too much i think, i dont get why he doesnt get protected more by benitez, at this rate he will burn up by the begin of april and then it gets tough....