Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's the first winner Torres has actually ever scored for us which has ended up being the last goal.

He only ever seems to score when our team has already scored another 3 goals.

Well to be fair his goals have kept us in 2 competitions this year, without those and we'd be fighting for nothing right now.

As a romanian Steaua and Chelsea fan..i must say:

Congrats guys..i hope Chelsea will won Europa League..we played our chance..im a lil' nostradamus..as i said we're gonna beat Chelsea in the first leg with 1-0 and we'll be beaten by at least 2 goals at Stamford Bridge..

Im a Chelsea fan when it doesnt involve Steaua :) ..but i can tell you my honest opinion: ..rafa must surely go (this season is over..but i still hope we're gonna catch the third spot in the PL and with God's help maybe the FA Cup)..obi its weaker than Steaua's Bourceanu (who costs about 1/10 of his value)..i can see that Mata its seen as a world class player..but i see him mediocre..Chelsea should find a veritable AM playmaker..I really like Eden though(hes a real tallent..our messi).. you guys should also give a brake to Marko Marin..hes a bright youngster who can be a leading star in 2 years..i dislike that jewish guy..i dont even want to write his name...hes washed out..Ashley Cole was excellent as usual..Azpilicueta is in my opinion a great DR (much better than Ivanovic)..Luiz rullzzzz..I wont mention Terry because his my favorite..Frank is getting old but it should still be on the first 11..oscar will sure leave the team because he's not Chelsea material..keep faith in Torres - he needs a more motivational manager to lead this superb team..

In other order..I haven't appreciated the fact that our players had a hotel alarm in the middle of the night..but..the fact that Steaua lost to Chelsea have nothing to do about it..

Anyway..i saw some bad remarks about my country and my team.. so i want to point some of them

1) third country team (semi-professional team) - Steaua have won Champions League trophy in '86 (and has one CL final in '89), an European Super Cup also in '86, an Europa League semi final in 2006 (lost against Middlesborough), and it is the most successful team from my country with 23 championships won (this year we'll celebrate the 24th because we're 12 points ahead) - in my opinion Steaua would be a middle table team in your league without problem

2) who the f.. is Chiriches? - hes a youngster (23 yo) with great attitude and excellent skills (a great DC) - you will sure hear about him in the future as the media says that Man City wants to pay 15 mil pounds for him (our Steaua owner doesnt want to sell him though without 30 mil euros)

3) fu.. Romania..fu.. all romanians - i mean why? why should i hear such a thing? we always were a country that had nothing to do with no one ..we just defended our territory..we're really proud that we defeated the Turkish empire from invading our country(and europe as well)..we're really proud that we invaded USSR in '41 to regain our moldavian land that was taken from us..i dont know..we have such a great history (im not comparing Romania to England..but think about it ..a 24 million people country ..invaded Russia)..you guys have heard about Dracula right? :)

4) Hagi - i seen some bad remarks about him also..he was our best ever player..you should watch his moments on ytube

5) Dan Petrescu was just a mediocre player in Chelsea's history - im gonna quote what Petrescu said for romanian media before the second leg "Chelsea team will show our Steaua team theyr real value..and im sure that they wont have a problem against us..romanians will see the real Chelsea face in this game (he was also a former Steaua player) [..]..i was very glad when my daughter (who's name is Chelsea) has recieved tickets for the Stamford Bridge game..i would be very glad to manage Chelsea in the near future (as he is a successful russian premier league manager now)"

Cheers ..and fu..United

Mata is mediocre, Marin will be a top player, hate the jewish guy, give Torres another shot, and Oscar is garbage. You seem to have really good insight into the Chelsea team. Perhaps you should put yourself forward as a candidate for the manager job?

I think that 'Nando after getting kicked in the face grew a pair of cajones and started to give shit about playing football. I know he missed the pen but give him a plus for not hiding and leaving it to someone else, even Frank misses the odd one.

Happy with win, but

1.) terrible fans. I mean wtf?!

2.) team inconsistency

3.) Mikel...needs to put more fighting spirit and maybe train long shotting; he could be very good from distance. As I said, could be.

4.) shooting from distance. We need that, and on regular basis. Hazard or Mata can shot from distance, but we need someone who can take long shots every game.

5.) Luiz needs to step up. He needs proper coach who will give him exact role. Either more restricted role for him, or new DM who will stick back when Luiz runs with ball on other half. Mikel cant do that...Capoue maybe.

6.) Rambo was good today, but eventualy he will be sacrificed in starting spot with someone who can dictate from deep. There was no connection between midfield and attack again...

7.) we need hard worker in midfield. Someone who will sprint, tackle, mark whole game, even when others will get tired. Someone who will motivate team and push them on.

8.) Cole and Hazard were brilliant.

9.) Mata and Oscar need to strenghten in summer. At least Mata needs to start playing every game on top like Xavi, other way he will be like Silva. Good for half season only... I hope he can develop run engine, because we need him perform constantly. Same goes for Oscar.

8.) Terry was leader again, should play more...

9.) Torres was better, but I still dont trust him...

10.) lol at Rafa tactics...No goal, no motivation in first half. Fucking steaua played more attractive than us in 1st half.

11.) fans. Should be ashamed for their 'cheering'...i thought we played in London, not Romunia...

Thats it.

1) I couldn't watch, was it that bad? we should get an campain started for thie bridge in 2009 we where the third loudest place in england, louder then Old Trafford (it was scientifically proven, they did measure the loudness on the pitch during a game) and yeah I'm aware that we have only 42005 seats...

3) finally another one seeing it and I'm getting annoyed that no coach aside from Butch has ever advised him to do so (look at his shots against inter, Stoke arsenal etc. under Carlo)

5) he should get some propper advice never seen such a good defender with such a small sense for the tactical part of the game... it's a shame...

7) fully agree

Mata/Cole had a great game but Hazard MOTM for me because although he didn't make that much difference goal/assist wise, his running with/without the ball and keeping 3/4 steaua players buzy pretty much the whole game, his availability, link up play did make the difference i feel.

I will give the Streaua fans one thing, they a fucking noisy bunch. The whistling was getting on my tits but the overall atmosphere was something we can learn from. Also if we could mix the determination their players have with ours technical abilities I think we would be formidable. It was a good game and I enjoyed it overall.

7.) we need hard worker in midfield. Someone who will sprint, tackle, mark whole game, even when others will get tired. Someone who will motivate team and push them on.

Ramires?

MOTM for me was Rami. Put in a great shift.

Seen a few people having a pop at the fans in this thread. Thursday night, shitty opposition, shitty tournament and unpopular manager. Things aren't ideal at the moment but having a go at the people who actually turn up and support the team is a little out of order in my opinion.

BTW, tickets are available on the website. If you think the atmosphere is shit then turn up and do something about it, or just come along and tell us what shit supporters we are.

Hazard MOTM for me .... no doubt.

He made the difference on the pitch (yt again). I told you and will tell you all again. He is going to be our world beater star!

PS: I hated the way Rami got skinned and introduced the first goal. wtf.

I will give the Streaua fans one thing, they a fucking noisy bunch. The whistling was getting on my tits but the overall atmosphere was something we can learn from. Also if we could mix the determination their players have with ours technical abilities I think we would be formidable. It was a good game and I enjoyed it overall.

Ramires?

Sorry can't agree, he gives away too much silly fouls, most of the time I don't understand how he survives on the pitch. plus he has not that good ball controll after regaining possession imho...

Torres missed a penalty *face palm* why did he take that penalty ? (i didn't watch the match so its a genuine question)

Because he had confidence in himself? It was actually nice to see him being hungry. At Sunderland he did the same and scored, this time not.

Torres missed a penalty *face palm* why did he take that penalty ? (i didn't watch the match so its a genuine question)

Because he was one of the 3 designated penalty takers yesterday, said Benitez.

Sorry can't agree, he gives away too much silly fouls, most of the time I don't understand how he survives on the pitch. plus he has not that good ball controll after regaining possession imho...

That is fine its your opinion. I feel he does exactly what you described we needed, you didn't say we needed someone with a perfect touch that will keep the ball at all cost.