Chelsea v West Brom

Jase

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In London. My first game at Stamford Bridge, EVER! Excited for the game, hell yeah! Worried about yet ANOTHER disappointing result? Unfortunately, yes.

Been in London the last 2 days, and thought I'd like to share my thoughts on it as a whole. Bare in mind that these are my thoughts and should not be considered facts.

CITY LIFE:

SO MANY PEOPLE. That's what you can expect really. It's a metropolis in Europe and attracts millions of tourists every year. Liverpool Street Station and the areas in walking distance are crowded by businesses and corporate buildings and personnel. Loads of restaurants, but you have to walk quite a long way (or grab a bus/coach) to reach any decent pubs or traditional bars. Many "mainstream" monuments, but also great opportunities to go off course and omit the large group of Asian tourists (no harm intended), which can be rather annoying.

People:

The most polite country I've been in to date. Everyone is so helpful, and if there's an issue, they won't stop till it's solved and they feel they've apologized enough times. At the same time, however, it was funny to watch the "locals" in the middle of London. They would simply walk across the road, even if the light was red. It was easy to spot the tourists amongst the London citizens as they would simply wait for the lights to turn green.

Stamford Bridge Tour:

Huge experience. Can't wait till tomorrow. One of the guides even made a slight hint to me. Talked to the guide about the recent managers, and future ones. He said that he was fairly certain the successor of Rafa would be "A special one". Take that as you will. Also, a funny side note. Asian Manchester United fans were present.

Their favorite player: Torres. My reaction: Vomit.

At the end we get the opportunity to buy merchandise from the Megastore - They purchase a total of 20 shirts with Torres on the back - My reaction: More vomit.

TL;DR = CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW - GO CHELSEA!!!!!

In London. My first game at Stamford Bridge, EVER! Excited for the game, hell yeah! Worried about yet ANOTHER disappointing result? Unfortunately, yes.

Been in London the last 2 days, and thought I'd like to share my thoughts on it as a whole. Bare in mind that these are my thoughts and should not be considered facts.

CITY LIFE:

SO MANY PEOPLE. That's what you can expect really. It's a metropolis in Europe and attracts millions of tourists every year. Liverpool Street Station and the areas in walking distance are crowded by businesses and corporate buildings and personnel. Loads of restaurants, but you have to walk quite a long way (or grab a bus/coach) to reach any decent pubs or traditional bars. Many "mainstream" monuments, but also great opportunities to go off course and omit the large group of Asian tourists (no harm intended), which can be rather annoying.

People:

The most polite country I've been in to date. Everyone is so helpful, and if there's an issue, they won't stop till it's solved and they feel they've apologized enough times. At the same time, however, it was funny to watch the "locals" in the middle of London. They would simply walk across the road, even if the light was red. It was easy to spot the tourists amongst the London citizens as they would simply wait for the lights to turn green.

Stamford Bridge Tour:

Huge experience. Can't wait till tomorrow. One of the guides even made a slight hint to me. Talked to the guide about the recent managers, and future ones. He said that he was fairly certain the successor of Rafa would be "A special one". Take that as you will. Also, a funny side note. Asian Manchester United fans were present.

At the end we get the opportunity to buy merchandise from the Megastore - They purchase a total of 20 shirts with Torres on the back - My reaction: More vomit.

I Really Hope u will catch a good game and a good result ... not like me... <_<

I hate u rafa for this!

CITY LIFE:

People:

Stamford Bridge Tour:

Enjoy and take pictures!!! Hope Chelsea win this one for...well, for all of us.

For a while now posters here have said if we lose the next game the FSW will go.

I never believed that to be the case. However on this occasion, with the inevitable hostility that will pour down from the stands, truly believe he will go if we lose this one, or even if we possibly draw. It's a win-win as far as i'm concerned.

Benitez knew his rant would generate a worst atmosphere (the irony being the atmosphere hasn't beed that bad at home but saying that didn't suit Benitez' agenda), he was just getting his excuses early, hanging everyone else out to dry, as is his won't. No doubt, he'll pick the eleven that he thinks will work hardest for him, and it will be interesting to see what the line-up is.

If Torres plays, the atmosphere will be even more poisonous, if that were possible.

I don't know what would happen if Torres scores the 90 min winner . All the rant and the booboys lol omg omg that would be so cool . But I know that's really not going to happen >.< Omg Nando please for only one single time pleaseee

Benitez said he made his comments just to tell the fans to support the team and not pay attention to him, but sadly like some have mentioned it will most likely only get worse now <_<

As for the game, we just need to score an early goal, or the atmosphere will get even worse and it will also be tougher to break them down.

Here's a stat - Of the 11 Premier League defeats West Brom have suffered this season, 7 of them have been 1 goal defeats, 3 by 2 goals and just 1 by 3 goals.

Should note that the 3-goal defeat came at Fulham(lost 3-0) after West Brom went down to 10 men. They were only 1-0 down when Odemwingie was sent off then.

Here's a stat - Of the 11 Premier League defeats West Brom have suffered this season, 7 of them have been 1 goal defeats, 3 by 2 goals and just 1 by 3 goals.

Should note that the 3-goal defeat came at Fulham(lost 3-0) after West Brom went down to 10 men. They were only 1-0 down when Odemwingie was sent off then.

STATS???? :dance: