Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

What are you talking about? They needed to buy James because Barcelona signed Suarez.. Real Madrid and Barca are like two retarded kid in the kindergarten.

See usually I'd agree on this, but I think Rodriguez would've been signed in either case. He simply showcased his talents too well and instigated it himself with that interview. If it was retaliation, then Real definitely benefitted imo.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: what i meant to say was that, it was a completely unnecessary buy, so it was a bad purchase

Over 350 000 shirts with James' name have already been sold.

350 000 x 60 = 21 000 000£ profit after only two days...

He prints money.

He prints money.

Yes, he does, fair enough.

But will that even begin to cover his wages and his absurd transfer fee?

He prints money.

Doesn't work that way. Much of the shirt/kit price goes to the manufacturer (among others), the club only receives a fraction. This is Madrid so the fraction might be higher than say ours even though both are with adidas.

Real Madrid is a brand, one of the three most popular clubs in the world and the media create all the hype around the players. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure that they will eventually cover his transfer fee just by selling his shirts.

Those numbers are undoubtedly fake. United actually sells more shirts than Real Madrid and they sell 1.5 m a year. Do the math. It is ridiculous that in the space of 4 days they sold more than one fifth of their yearly shirts.

Real Madrid is a brand, one of the three most popular clubs in the world and the media create all the hype around the players. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure that they will eventually cover his transfer fee just by selling his shirts.

No they won't. Let's do the math here.

15 % off £60 is £9. So for every jersey they sell they only get £9.

He cost £63 million. 63 million divided by 9 is 7 million. So they would have to sell 7 million James Rodriguez jerseys to cover his transfer fee.

Real Madrid's total jerseys sold last year was 1.4 million.

No they won't. Let's do the math here.

15 % off £60 is £9. So for every jersey they sell they only get £9.

He cost £63 million. 63 million divided by 9 is 7 million. So they would have to sell 7 million James Rodriguez jerseys to cover his transfer fee.

Real Madrid's total jerseys sold last year was 1.4 million.

furthermore, if their jersey sales don't increase past that 1.4mil, they aren't making any new money from Jersey sales due to James.

furthermore, if their jersey sales don't increase past that 1.4mil, they aren't making any new money from Jersey sales due to James.

Yeah, it's all about the new flavour of the month with them. More James shirts sold -> less Ronaldo shirts sold.

Only extra they'll be getting by signing James is the sales peak at the time of the signing when people go crazy and feel they need to have the shirt of a new Galactico despite perhaps already buying some other player's shirt earlier, and also the increased amount of shirts sold in the player's native country Colombia where I would expect them to be buying a lot more Real Madrid shirts now that James is there. This additional income matters very little when we're talking about a player who cost them €80m in transfer fee and another €80m in wages for the duration of the contract.

It is not just the jersey but sponsorship deals...etc as well from the likes of Adidas, Nike or whoever. Overall if he lives up to his price tag by performing on the pitch they will make the money on him back over the years. For example I am sure now every year Ronaldo bring Madrid millions of euros, he probably paid his fee and wages in the 1st 2 years alone with his huge amount of sponsor deals.

It is not just the jersey but sponsorship deals...etc as well from the likes of Adidas, Nike or whoever. Overall if he lives up to his price tag by performing on the pitch they will make the money on him back over the years. For example I am sure now every year Ronaldo bring Madrid millions of euros, he probably paid his fee and wages in the 1st 2 years alone with his huge amount of sponsor deals.

What sponsorship deals are you talking about ?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You