Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

I think we'll get it. If anything, yesterday's events should add fire to every single player's belly to finish in the top 4. I think Arsenal, despite having the easier run in, will miss out - it's us & Spurs for top 4 I think. We still have 5 games left - If we get 11/15 pts (with us crucially beating Spurs) it'll be enough to see us through.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it solves everything. But in players like Mata, Azpi, Luiz, Cech, Hazard and Oscar we have the framework for a title-winning side. Throw in Lukaku, Ba, Schurrle, Rami and possibly De Bruyne and you've got something special.

I honestly believe that with the acquisition of a strong midfielder and a solid CB we've got a team capable of winning the league, so long as we have a guy in charge who can unify the club. I also think we've got a lot of exciting young talent coming through to sustain this club for years to come.

The priority for next season is winning the league. I think whatever happens in the next five games we've got a good shot at doing that and focusing on the top four as the be all and end all is a little myopic.

I would love to be as optimistic as you but I just can't see it. All I can see is the club continuing to underachieve because of incompetence at management level.

I would love to be as optimistic as you but I just can't see it. All I can see is the club continuing to underachieve because of incompetence at management level.

We've shown at times that we're capable of beating the best teams. We outplayed United at their place, we beat Arsenal twice, we should've got more against City in the semi, we beat Spurs at their place and we've played some beautiful stuff this season. Some players like Mata and Luiz have grown in stature. We've got players out on loan doing the business and our youth teams are arguably amongst the best in the world.

If you can't be optimistic about Chelsea at this point in time then I don't know what to say to you. We've been poor overall this season, yet we're still fourth in the table with a manager no-one likes and few rate but who is definitely leaving and there will be a queue of good managers waiting to take over (we pay millions and have a strong squad).

Why has that late goal yesterday changed so many people's opinions? Most of you would have taken 4 points from Fulham and Liverpool 5 days ago. Nothing has changed much really. It is going to be tough like we knew it would be and we're going to have to get something from the Tottenham game like we were always going to have to.

Hopefully that late goal works in our advantage and the players have more of the "us against the world" mentality and come out with a bit more fight.

We've shown at times that we're capable of beating the best teams. We outplayed United at their place, we beat Arsenal twice, we should've got more against City in the semi, we beat Spurs at their place and we've played some beautiful stuff this season. Some players like Mata and Luiz have grown in stature. We've got players out on loan doing the business and our youth teams are arguably amongst the best in the world.

If you can't be optimistic about Chelsea at this point in time then I don't know what to say to you. We've been poor overall this season, yet we're still fourth in the table with a manager no-one likes and few rate but who is definitely leaving and there will be a queue of good managers waiting to take over (we pay millions and have a strong squad).

You see even in those games a pessimist like me finds something. We outplayed Utd after going down 2-0 and it could easily have been 3 or 4 before we got our act together. Arsenal are rubbish and even against them we were hanging on for long periods. We beat Spurs without arguably two of their best players and I'm not looking forward to the game at the Bridge on current form. City took the piss the first half and should have been ahead by 4 or 5. We play some good football occasionally but so do many other teams. This team is weak, it lacks cohesion and quality in many areas. We don't have a strong squad. If we did we wouldn't be battling for 4th with Spurs and Arsenal. That's our level now and it perplexes me to see you talking about a title challenge!

Definatley signs for concern. Was a huge 2 points dropped. Very Very tight for us, with the hardest run in IMO.

I don't belive that finishing 5th is an option, we HAVE to finish 4th. Finacially it's a no brainer. Young players/Worlds best don't want to waste a season playing for a team not in CL anymore. Times have changed.

Chelsea will get by without it, but at what cost? Look at Liverpool, struggling to attract the best. Finishing outside the top 4 for the second season running is inexcusable with the standards we have set ourselves. It is a must. Scary times ahead.

Time will only tell.

I think Us and Spurs will finish top 4 i think a win against Everton in the last game will see us finish 3rd and Arsenal will drop points away to Newcastle allowing Spurs to sneak above them on the final day.

After winning CL, games were piled up on Chelsea.

Meanwhile, the clueless board have not accounted for it. Their bombastic thinking resulted in a very thin squad.

Us fans are seeing the struggling Chelsea team, clueless coach, Chelsea players are tired, most of the time & to top it all, some are even bitten by the Uruguayan bulldog.

Will the team finish in top four ? I still like to believe in it. This team cannot afford to miss it.

Otherwise, Chelsea are screwed for a couple of years, I feel.

Of the upcomng fixtures I personally see the following results...

Chelsea

Chelsea vs Swansea City
5 May - Premier League
16:00
Man United vs Chelsea
8 May - Premier League
19:45
Chelsea vs Spurs
12 May - Premier League
12:45
Aston Villa
vs
Chelsea
19 May - Premier League
Chelsea
vs
Everton

Of the Above, I see wins vs Swansea/Villa/Everton With question marks over the other 2. We finish with 9 more points = 71

Arsenal

28 Apr - Premier League
Arsenal vs Man United
4 May - Premier League
17:30
Rangers vs Arsenal
14 May - Premier League
Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic
19 May - Premier League
Newcastle
vs
Arsenal

Of the above you have to say you'd fancy Arsenal to clean up and get 12 points. Finishing total 75 Points

Spurs

27 Apr - Premier League
15:00
Wigan Athletic vs Spurs
4 May - Premier League
15:00
Spurs vs Southampton
8 May - Premier League
Chelsea vs Spurs
12 May - Premier League
13:30
Stoke City
vs
Spurs
19 May - Premier League
Spurs
vs
Sunderland

Of the above apart from us you would have to say you fancy spurs given Bale is back to get 12 points here. Thus finishing on 73.

Arse - 75

Spurs - 73

Chelsea - 71

Thats how close it is, and thats how much we empahsis is likely to be against Spurs.

But it is very tight and while i'm sure i'm not correct, you can see why we should perhaps be concerned.

Ba needs to start every league game from now on. I fully believe he would've bullied Liverpool's defence, especially Charrager.

Honestly, if we don't get top 4, we don't fucking deserve it. In retrospect, I was glad Sturridge had a part in both goals, maybe it'll show the board how fucking retarded they are for choosing Torres over every other striker we've had. Games like Fulham, West Ham, QPR, Southampton, Newcastle, Reading, if we can't beat those teams, we don't deserve it. Having one of the most negative managers at the helm certainly doesn't help.

The only silver lining I can see if we don't get top 4 is that it might prompt Roman to seek a new board/advisors that isn't a bunch complete bumbling idiots. Also, we might finally have a proper excuse to get rid of Torres and that would be absolutely amazing.

After seeing the above calculation, I am almost ready to give up on Chelsea, this season.

Why would I bother to hope for the team if it´s all cut & dry above ?

Have I got news for all you doubters. Chelsea will finish in top four.

Your friendly bushman & his gang feel it in our bones. :dance:

I think we will draw our game's against united,everton and spurs but we will defeat swansea and villa.

Sorry mate but if Chelsea were to draw against Everton & Spurs the team does not deserve to be there.

Chelsea must beat both of these teams. Perhaps, against Manure, I may agree there ?

Sorry mate but if Chelsea were to draw against Everton & Spurs the team does not deserve to be there.

Chelsea must beat both of these teams. Perhaps, against Manure, I may agree there ?

It's just my gut feeling that we will draw all our remaining big games,Hopefully i am wrong.

It's just my gut feeling that we will draw all our remaining big games,Hopefully i am wrong.

Chelsea are going to steamroll over them two, mark my words.

We're gonna lose\draw to Swans, we always play shit against them..

dunno about United.

And Tottenham would be the most important game.. they are a great team.

Everton... we're gonna draw or lose I feel.

So... my feeling is that Arsenal will screw up soon and it will be Tottenham and us in the top 4.