Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allright i did some calculations having guessed the reults for the next few weeks.

Next week :Chelsea play Swansea who haven't done anything after winning the trophy and securing PL for next season. Result: Win P:34 Points: 64; Arsenal play Utd and Utd will beat Arsenal. Played:35 Points: 63; Spurs play Wigan away fighting for Relegation Result Draw. Played: 34 Points: 62. Standings 3rd: Chelsea , 4th Arsenal, 5th Spurs

Following week:: Chelsea play Utd Result Draw. Played 35 Points: 66; Arsenal play QPR away. Result : Win. Played 36 Points: 66; Spurs play Southampton(H) Result: Win Played: 35 Points: 65. Standings: 3rd Chelsea, 4th Arsenal, 5th Spurs

Following gameweek.: Chelsea play Spurs at home. Result : Win, Played: 36 Points:69; Arsenal play Wigan at home. Result : Draw Played 37 Points 67 ; Spurs play Chelsea Result: Loss. Played 36 Points: 65; Chelsea also play Villa away. Result: Loss Played 37 Points 69 ; Spurs play Stoke away. Result: Draw Played 37 Points: 66 . Standing 3rd: Chelsea 4th, Arsenal 5th, Spurs.

Final Gameweek:: Chelsea play Everton. Result: Draw Points 70 ; Spurs play Sunderland(H) Result: Win. Points: 69 ; Arsenal play Newcastle(a) Result: Win Points: 70 . Standing Chelsea and Arsenal stuck at 70 points. (Currentle the GD for Arsenal is +30 while Chelsea has +31) . Spurs to miss out of Top 4.

Seems logical, though arsenal playing wigan at home is just an arsenal win like always. But football isn't always logical. Lose to tottenham and unless we win every other game, it is goodbye top 4.

Better GD than Spurs, game in hand on Arsenal. I still feel good about our chances.

The win today would've eased my burgeoning concerns.

A win today just gives us a safety cusion, if something goes wrong... Now one bad game and we could be sitting in 5th and being the ones playing catchup.

If we beat liverpool, we could lose to spurs and still be ahead of them. But we didn't. Bale didn't play last time we played them, and they want to beat us as much as we want to beat them so doing that will not be easy. Hopefully we get in a position where a draw is enough, as we will have a cushion, but we will see.

Wheels starting to fall off. Us finishing out the top 4 has been obvious since January. The fact the club have done nothing to halt the decline just lets you know everything you need to about the clowns in charge. Taking the Europa seriously when any other club in our position would have binned that rubbish at the first available opportunity.

Wheels starting to fall off. Us finishing out the top 4 has been obvious since January. The fact the club have done nothing to halt the decline just lets you know everything you need to about the clowns in charge. Taking the Europa seriously when any other club in our position would have binned that rubbish at the first available opportunity.

I dont see problems in taking Europa League seriously. The team needs to know their place in football world first, we have many examples of teams that ignored the Europa League in recent years but were poor in UCL or didnt even qualified for the tournament, like Aston Villa and Spurs.

Chelsea wont win the UCL next year, there will be a new manager, and for me its better to build a team without the pressure coming from UCL. So imo playing in UCL next year is not a big deal at all.

imo if Chelsea dont finish in the top 4, it means the team dont deserve to play in UCL at all, I think 3 results were the key for the current situation:

Newcastle 3 x 2 Chelsea: Chelsea were leading, 2-1, just to see Sissoko score the winning goal for the home side with the clocking showing 90 minutes.

Reading 2 x 2 Chelsea: Chelsea were winning 2-0 until the 87th minute, and they conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes to let the home side equalize the scoreboard.

Southampton 2 x 2 Chelsea: Chelsea scored 2 goals in the first half, but could not handle the situation in Stamford Bridge, and the final result would show 2-2.

I mean, at least 5 points dropped, we could be with 67 points, 6 ahead Spurs. In order to finish in the top 4 we have to win the match against them in Stamford Bridge.

I dont see problems in taking Europa League seriously. The team needs to know their place in football world first, we have many examples of teams that ignored the Europa League in recent years but were poor in UCL or didnt even qualified for the tournament, like Aston Villa and Spurs.

Chelsea wont win the UCL next year, there will be a new manager, and for me its better to build a team without the pressure coming from UCL. So imo playing in UCL next year is not a big deal at all.

I agree. I don't see Chelsea, let alone anyone in England winning the UCL for the next few years....(Unless Man City gets a better manager and Cavani)

To me, Bayern, Barca, Madrid, BVB, Juve and even PSG are all going to be favorites moving forward for the next few seasons...

It will have huge ramifications for the clubs finances if we miss out on Champions League football. Also the prestige of Champions League attracts quality footballers. It's embarrassing that we spend so much and struggle to finish top 4.

imo if Chelsea dont finish in the top 4, it means the team dont deserve to play in UCL at all, I think 3 results were the key for the current situation:

Newcastle 3 x 2 Chelsea: Chelsea were leading, 2-1, just to see Sissoko score the winning goal for the home side with the clocking showing 90 minutes.

Reading 2 x 2 Chelsea: Chelsea were winning 2-0 until the 87th minute, and they conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes to let the home side equalize the scoreboard.

Southampton 2 x 2 Chelsea: Chelsea scored 2 goals in the first half, but could not handle the situation in Stamford Bridge, and the final result would show 2-2.

I mean, at least 5 points dropped, we could be with 67 points, 6 ahead Spurs. In order to finish in the top 4 we have to win the match against them in Stamford Bridge.

I wouldn't look too much into that Newcastle away game but the other 2, definitely and would throw in the QPR games for good measure. I mean from 6 games against QPR, Reading and Southampton, we only got 6 point out of 18 from there. Only 6! And as you pointed out, had we not threw away 2-0 leads against Reading and Southampton, we would be just 2 points behind City now, 3 ahead of Arsenal and 5 clear of Spurs! :doh:

I think Tottenham still have very tough games but Arsenal are nailed on because they always get so lucky and get run ins against teams that don't have anything to play for. We really need Villa to win today so Man Utd can win the league at Arsenal. If Man Utd win today, which they will then there's no way they'll beat Arsenal on Sunday. Gotta stay positive though boys n girls.

Sunday, Chelsea vs Swansea, Wigan vs Tottenham and Arsenal vs Manchester United. This could be a big day for us. Believe!

You're talking out of your arse if you think it's been obvious since January. It hasn't. We're still in control of our own destiny and all of our remaining games are winnable.

It's going to be tough though. I agreed with you on the Europa League thing, but we've got a chance at silverware now and we should go for it. If we don't get Champions League football next year, it's not the end of the world. This club is going to make a run at the league whatever happens because we've got great players and there are good managers out there.

As for the clowns in charge, yes I agree that where we are is a result of bad decisions but the ones in charge now seem to have a better plan for us going forward than the ones 5 years ago.

You're talking out of your arse if you think it's been obvious since January. It hasn't. We're still in control of our own destiny and all of our remaining games are winnable.

It's going to be tough though. I agreed with you on the Europa League thing, but we've got a chance at silverware now and we should go for it. If we don't get Champions League football next year, it's not the end of the world. This club is going to make a run at the league whatever happens because we've got great players and there are good managers out there.

As for the clowns in charge, yes I agree that where we are is a result of bad decisions but the ones in charge now seem to have a better plan for us going forward than the ones 5 years ago.

That run of games against QPR, Southampton and Reading where we managed to lose two 2-0 leads and lose to the bottom placed team at home sealed our fate in my opinion and that was around January if I recall correctly. You say we control our own destiny but that can change in one game and with our fixture list that is likely to happen.

You talk about plans going forward but what about the here and now? These idiots have managed to screw things up at every turn and you think bulk buying the best kids in Europe and loaning them out solves everything.

That run of games against QPR, Southampton and Reading where we managed to lose two 2-0 leads and lose to the bottom placed team at home sealed our fate in my opinion and that was around January if I recall correctly. You say we control our own destiny but that can change in one game and with our fixture list that is likely to happen.

You talk about plans going forward but what about the here and now? These idiots have managed to screw things up at every turn and you think bulk buying the best kids in Europe and loaning them out solves everything.

I don't think it solves everything. But in players like Mata, Azpi, Luiz, Cech, Hazard and Oscar we have the framework for a title-winning side. Throw in Lukaku, Ba, Schurrle, Rami and possibly De Bruyne and you've got something special.

I honestly believe that with the acquisition of a strong midfielder and a solid CB we've got a team capable of winning the league, so long as we have a guy in charge who can unify the club. I also think we've got a lot of exciting young talent coming through to sustain this club for years to come.

The priority for next season is winning the league. I think whatever happens in the next five games we've got a good shot at doing that and focusing on the top four as the be all and end all is a little myopic.