Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

It's the money that's involved which is the biggest problem. You get to the quarters or semis of the champions league and its an extra £40 million or something than if you don't. We need that money for FFP.

We just have less to spend for a few seasons. I still think we have enough quality in our club to win the league.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have a point's lead against tottenham... and that is the game in hand against arsenal that all of us keep talking about.

considering we win that game - chelsea 65, arsenal 63, totenham 61.

so to get 4th spot we will need 8 points from swansea (h), villa (a), united (A) (given that they ll surely wrap up the league by then) , and everton (h)... which is very gettable.

if we draw against tottenham - chelsea 63, arsenal 63, tot 62.

the fixtures that the other 2 have would make it very difficult for us. every other game would become a must win.

if we lose to tottenham - HELLO EUROPA.

in short tot is a must win.. as is swansea, get a draw/win against a united team who have nothin to win/lose, win against villa (away, would be difficult) and a draw against everton.

Gettable but games dont seem to go our away....United have nothing to loose but you know they'll turn up for us...Swansea played them 3 times already and been shite in every one....

Been more confident had we won today but just seem to be throwing it away...

Gettable but games dont seem to go our away....United have nothing to loose but you know they'll turn up for us...Swansea played them 3 times already and been shite in every one....

Been more confident had we won today but just seem to be throwing it away...

agree with everythin u said except for the bold part... today was barely our mistake... there is only so much any team can playing with 10 men against a team like pool at anfield who should have been a man down with the ref not blowing the whistle and simply robbing us of evrything. u can say we have already thrown in away in the past considering the fact that we played a 2nd team against qpr and lost, played a 2nd string team against southampton and lost, and for what??? a semifinal loss to city in the fa cup

game away 2 goal leads twice.... the list can go on and on... but we definitely dint throw it away today.

I believe we can,

Mathematically and also a very much less emotionally inspired look can tell you YES :-)

I do think we lack a manager and a striker that takes care of games (Rafa - you should have put Ba on today - your rotation politics are a double standard when Torres is concerned). Also, The pivot isn't what it supposed to be and our defense shares in the lack of confidence and motivation. What else could we expect from a manager that fails to motivate and instill a little fire into our men. Disregarding the debate if the 'en are not to blame', our manager was never going to be our leader. What a crucial mistake to make in our 'transition' team. How could we not think a team in this kind of change does not need a true 'skipper'. Pure, pure idiocy;

Luckily, there is enough to our Amigos to to what we do this season. We are still up there and competing for the CL. It is our transition season and it shows - not thanks to Rafa though!

Fingers Crossed!

What a battle it is. It's so nervy, it's like watching the UCL Final penalty shootout but lasting for like 3 months. I've never been so nervous, not even fighting for the league in 2010 as that was close. if City and us held on, it would be over now.

Swansea (H) = Look what they did to us in the League Cup. Contained us so easily.

Man Utd (A) = Obviously a tough game

Tottenham (H) = Look at how much we've messed them up in the last couple of years. They've not won at the Bridge for 23 years, they'll get us back eventually.

Aston Villa (A) = Fighting for their lives, how many times we beat them away? Twice in 14 years....

Everton (H) = Tough team, again we don't beat them much at home at all. They'll fight for Europe and coming above Liverpool.

I'm genuinely worried big time but we have to fight and we have to fight too to bring our boys over the line. They need us now more than ever. It's still in our hands.

I'm really hoping if anything it spurs us on (excuse the pun).

Positives:

We have a game in hand on arsenal.

A point more than tottenham

The best team of the 3.

Some teams we play may not have a lot to play for.

Negatives:

We keep getting fucked over.

Have a much harder run in.

I still believe YES! But we are gonna make it interesting (for the neutrals). Big positive or negative not mentioned is we play spurs meaning thats a 3 point swing that is in our hands. Also you would have to say that spurs and/or arsenal are gonna fuck up at some point. We just need to keep our noses in front. If it comes down to needing to beat everton, then its time for the team to earn that money. Champions league football on the line, 1 game vs everton. We should do it, hopefully things can go our way fairly quickly but its gonna be very nervy. Every game is gonna matter.

Clearly it's still in our hands with that game against Spurs to come but I'm getting desperately worried that we won't make it. Our run-in is so much tougher than Arsenal and Tottenham's and we've still gotta play at least 2 more games in the Europa League. May well have to start preparing for the worst even if I try not to and be optimistic. :(

Ok. Deep Breaths. Upon reflection, If we win vs Spurs, we will get 4th ...

If we lose to Spurs there and finish 5th as a result of it, I don't think I can take the circus and wankfest that people and the media would have on AVB(and Spurs) over us. I just can't. They will be laughing over Roman's decision to sack AVB bla bla bla and all that. It would be unbearable!

If we lose to Spurs there and finish 5th as a result of it, I don't think I can take the circus and wankfest that people and the media would have on AVB(and Spurs) over us. I just can't. They will be laughing over Roman's decision to sack AVB bla bla bla and all that. It would be unbearable!

It was to hehehe yesterday.....then they sodding came back and then it was just crap!!AVB....I thought he would just fail there and did at one point look like he was gana.....apprantly not!

Allright i did some calculations having guessed the reults for the next few weeks.

Next week :Chelsea play Swansea who haven't done anything after winning the trophy and securing PL for next season. Result: Win P:34 Points: 64; Arsenal play Utd and Utd will beat Arsenal. Played:35 Points: 63; Spurs play Wigan away fighting for Relegation Result Draw. Played: 34 Points: 62. Standings 3rd: Chelsea , 4th Arsenal, 5th Spurs

Following week:: Chelsea play Utd Result Draw. Played 35 Points: 66; Arsenal play QPR away. Result : Win. Played 36 Points: 66; Spurs play Southampton(H) Result: Win Played: 35 Points: 65. Standings: 3rd Chelsea, 4th Arsenal, 5th Spurs

Following gameweek.: Chelsea play Spurs at home. Result : Win, Played: 36 Points:69; Arsenal play Wigan at home. Result : Draw Played 37 Points 67 ; Spurs play Chelsea Result: Loss. Played 36 Points: 65; Chelsea also play Villa away. Result: Loss Played 37 Points 69 ; Spurs play Stoke away. Result: Draw Played 37 Points: 66 . Standing 3rd: Chelsea 4th, Arsenal 5th, Spurs.

Final Gameweek:: Chelsea play Everton. Result: Draw Points 70 ; Spurs play Sunderland(H) Result: Win. Points: 69 ; Arsenal play Newcastle(a) Result: Win Points: 70 . Standing Chelsea and Arsenal stuck at 70 points. (Currentle the GD for Arsenal is +30 while Chelsea has +31) . Spurs to miss out of Top 4.

Allright i did some calculations having guessed the reults for the next few weeks.

Next week :Chelsea play Swansea who haven't done anything after winning the trophy and securing PL for next season. Result: Win P:34 Points: 64; Arsenal play Utd and Utd will beat Arsenal. Played:35 Points: 63; Spurs play Wigan away fighting for Relegation Result Draw. Played: 34 Points: 62. Standings 3rd: Chelsea , 4th Arsenal, 5th Spurs

Following week:: Chelsea play Utd Result Draw. Played 35 Points: 66; Arsenal play QPR away. Result : Win. Played 36 Points: 66; Spurs play Southampton(H) Result: Win Played: 35 Points: 65. Standings: 3rd Chelsea, 4th Arsenal, 5th Spurs

Following gameweek.: Chelsea play Spurs at home. Result : Win, Played: 36 Points:69; Arsenal play Wigan at home. Result : Draw Played 37 Points 67 ; Spurs play Chelsea Result: Loss. Played 36 Points: 65; Chelsea also play Villa away. Result: Loss Played 37 Points 69 ; Spurs play Stoke away. Result: Draw Played 37 Points: 66 . Standing 3rd: Chelsea 4th, Arsenal 5th, Spurs.

Final Gameweek:: Chelsea play Everton. Result: Draw Points 70 ; Spurs play Sunderland(H) Result: Win. Points: 69 ; Arsenal play Newcastle(a) Result: Win Points: 70 . Standing Chelsea and Arsenal stuck at 70 points. (Currentle the GD for Arsenal is +30 while Chelsea has +31) . Spurs to miss out of Top 4.

good analysis... only problem is the spurs result... thats a 6 pointer... win it and get CL, draw or lose... BUSTED...