Jase

Man of the Match  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I find it so hard to like RB. I mean you know Wenger will say something in the dressing-rooms at HT, you saw the outcome early in the 2nd half >> Make changes yourself immediately. Oscar was really struggling then and he needed to be subbed 10 mins or so before he actually was.. Not to mention the ladyboy (or in today's case, Britney Spears) thing that we all know.

Exactly what I was about to say.

So why didn't Wenger "say something" before the match. As for Rafa's half-time talks did you never hear about Istanbul 2005, Champions ;League final - Liverpool down 3-0 at half-time went on to win the match and the 5th CL Cup? The difference might be the difference between the supporters. As Chelsea team knows that a slip-up in 2nd half means they get booed at home. So they get jittery. A LFC team knows they never get booed even when they are 3-0 down. They get cheered to the final whistle.

A good win but not a good second half performance. It has gotten to a point where the first half is usually great but something happens at half time and the opponent completely dominates the second half, doesn't matter if it's a shit team like QPR or a top side. Something needs to be done about this, surely someone at the club has noticed this too because us fans sure as hell do see it every time beforehand and it's frustrating.

Finally, a home win! But goodness me, that was a torture watching the last 10-15 minutes! A massive win nonetheless given our recent home form and chance to pull away from our Top 4 rivals.

On the other hand, think this game reflects the inconsistency in us at the moment. Completely outplayed, outpassed and outfought Arsenal in the first half but saw none of that whatsoever in the second when we just almost switched off and allowed Arsenal back in the game.

At the moment, when we play well, we really really do play well. However, when we play badly, we are really really bad. No consistency or lacking that middle ground of both aspects. Must improve the consistency if we are to achieve what we can achieve this season.

So you think few words can change the performance? Wow I can be top manager then.

Not only that, a few words can win you a match you practically lost or the other way around. In this case we were lucky not to concede another goal because they've outplayed us in the second half. Whatever he said in the HT could have been costly.

I honestly doubt you could be a top manager btw.

A good win but not a good second half performance. It has gotten to a point where the first half is usually great but something happens at half time and the opponent completely dominates the second half, doesn't matter if it's a shit team like QPR or a top side. Something needs to be done about this, surely someone at the club has noticed this too because us fans sure as hell do see it every time beforehand and it's frustrating.

We really miss JT's team talk on the field. His superman mentality surely can affect other teammates.

So why didn't Wenger "say something" before the match. As for Rafa's half-time talks did you never hear about Istanbul 2005, Champions ;League final - Liverpool down 3-0 at half-time went on to win the match and the 5th CL Cup? The difference might be the difference between the supporters. As Chelsea team knows that a slip-up in 2nd half means they get booed at home. So they get jittery. A LFC team knows they never get booed even when they are 3-0 down. They get cheered to the final whistle.

No, I have never heard of Istanbul 2005 because I'm that ignorant in football.

:rolleyes:

Let's not forget how Shevchenko wasted an opportunity to make it 4-3 before the shootout. And still, that doesn't justify RB's bad timing when it comes to subs. We got lucky today and Liverpool got lucky back then.

Not only that, a few words can win you a match you practically lost or the other way around. In this case we were lucky not to concede another goal because they've outplayed us in the second half. Whatever he said in the HT could have been costly.

I honestly doubt you could be a top manager btw.

I'm genuinely curious what words can win you a match practically lost and the other way around except tactical talks? And what possible words he said in the HT to make the team played like shit in the second half?

1) Santos? I assume you're talking about Oscar? Why on earth call him Santos?

2) Oscar had a good game (Well a good 1st half like the whole team). What on earth are you talking about?

Sorry - I meant Oscar, although his name is Oscar dos Santos. It would be too complicated to explain why I said Santos. Oscar too often loses the ball when in possession in opponents third causing a counter-attack, he has very little ability to get past an opponent and slows down the attack when he tries and even when he passes he is more often off-target. Some of his midfield passes to the wing find the target but they are very obvious, easy and too slow. He played badly today and in most of the games where he has started.

The difference might be the difference between the supporters. As Chelsea team knows that a slip-up in 2nd half means they get booed at home. So they get jittery. A LFC team knows they never get booed even when they are 3-0 down. They get cheered to the final whistle.

What are you on about? Did you even watch one single Liverpool game this season? Anfield is a grave nowadays, there's no such "cheering to the final whistle" thing.

And when did Chelsea fans start booing in the past? Right, at the end of those games when their team has already done fuck all. Those fans have got every right to boo because they've fucking paid for their tickets, just to whatch what? A team that doesn't fight? A manager who doesn't seem to accept his own mistakes?

But yeah go on with your Liverpool love. It's funny, tbh.

Rubbish - your anti -Torres and anti-Rafa bias blinds you. Although Torres did not penetrate much in the first half he dragged the defence around and allowed others access through the middle. He played a lot from the wings. In 2nd half he was Chelsea' main hope forcing Arsenal back and causing them to hesitate when in full attack mode - and he did this by himself without any support. How many times was he on the move only for his teammates failing to pass or messing up a pass to him?

funny most gooners tweeted in joy that torrid started. Hmm I wonder why hmm.gif

I'm genuinely curious what words can win you a match practically lost and the other way around except tactical talks? And what possible words he said in the HT to make the team played like shit in the second half?

I am an admirer of Rafa but I can imagine how his half-time words might have contributed to the 2nd half performance given that Chelsea is an inexperienced team. He would have said, we need another goal. But we have a 2-0 lead and must not blow it. We must defend as a team. You can expect that Arsenal will attack with everything they have in the 2nd half (they don't have any choice). You must be compact and defend well. Score on the counter-attack. Don't expose your defence by being caught in Arsenal's half. Torres will be the spearhead (instead of playing from the wings as he did in the first half).

This is the kind of talk any first-class manager would give. Why throw away a 2-0 lead and three points by trying to get a couple of more goals especially against a team of Arsenal's speed and ability. So score more goals but on the counter attack.

The trouble is that Chelsea have been drilled by DiMatteo only to attack and cannot adjust easily.