Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal

Jase

Man of the Match  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

So do I understand you take the position that because you say your are a Chelsea fan you have the "right" to spew hatred at the manager (or any player) if you think they make you look "stupid", even if by making you look stupid you mean winning games? How quaint of you and, dare I say, "stupid".

I can tell you are one of those 'fishing for an argument' types. I love football and I love Chelsea and yes I will say what the fuck I want, whenever I want. Unless Alex or BluesMaster tells me off!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to OPTA, Oscar lost possession 5 times - more than any other player. What's worse he lost possession when Chelsea were in the opponents third on the attack. So he not only lost possession, he ruined the attack, opened up Chelsea to a counter-attack. Its true that OPTA says he completed 91% of his passes, but most of these were sideways or backwards passes and none of them were incisive.

The trio is the best Chelsea has. Sometimes, their tracking is not what is needed.

How to remedy it ? Does Rafa know ? I doubt it. The way I see it. Roman where are you ? The team needs you again. Buy & buy.

We really miss JT's team talk on the field. His superman mentality surely can affect other teammates.
I'm genuinely curious what words can win you a match practically lost and the other way around except tactical talks? And what possible words he said in the HT to make the team played like shit in the second half?

<_<:dunno:

Did anyone else hear a fan shout WILSHIRE YOU WANKER!! in the first half? Made me cackle like a schoolgirl :lol:

Anyways, pretty good performance, the first half was excellent, some of the best football that I've ever seen out of Chelsea. However, the second half was plain bollocks, and not for the first time this season. The bottom line is that in order for a 4-2-3-1 to work, we need a tough box to box central midfielder like Essien (before injury) and a deep lying playmaker, neither of which we have. Ramires and Lampard aren't the best combination, which is why they were overrun in the second period, which isn't helped by the fact that Mata, Hazard, and Oscar are shite at defending. So while it is a pretty good offensive formation, it shouldn't be too surprising that we start to falter enormously when our opponents start to take control of the game.

Another thing.... why was Torres started ahead of Ba? Benitez did Arsenal a favor by doing that as he fucked up every time he got the ball, including when they scored. His finishing is woeful, and his ball control is even worse. He's quite past it, everybody with two eyes can see that except for Benitez for whatever reason.

So do I understand you take the position that because you say your are a Chelsea fan you have the "right" to spew hatred at the manager (or any player) if you think they make you look "stupid", even if by making you look stupid you mean winning games? How quaint of you and, dare I say, "stupid".

He is making a very valid point about our transition from being dominant to being lucky to hold on. We are all very happy in regards to the fact we beat arsenal and got the 3 points, but we made it much harder than it should have been and some of his tactical decisions leave a lot to be desired.... Especailly his subs and lack off them. Everyone saw the need at half time to put our star striker up top early on yet again as always he was reactionary and not proactive. This is something which isn't just specific to this game, but several games. Vs southampton is a prime example of waiting til its to late to impact the game and then deciding to take off lampard for torres, which is absolutely ludicrous when you are drawing with 10 mins left... To then add to that he puts torres on the right... He can't play down the middle let alone on the right. These are all pressing concerns and something that the result does gloss over somewhat.

<_<:dunno:

So? Any problem with that?

JT as one of the greatest captain is literally our admiral on the pitch, he has the persona and reputation to shout at teammates to alert them stay focus and go a little bit harder.

On the other hand, it's impossible Rafa can say shits at HT to demoralize the team so that they will put out awful performances like some people suggested here.

You can say he gave out bad tactical approaches but please don't live in your bizarre world to think he tried to ruin the team deliberately.

JT as one of the greatest captain is literally our admiral on the pitch, he has the persona and reputation to shout at teammates to alert them stay focus and go a little bit harder.

On the other hand, it's impossible Rafa can say shits at HT to demoralize the team so that they will put out awful performances like some people suggested here.

You can say he gave out bad tactical approaches but please don't live in your bizarre world to think he tried to ruin the team deliberately.

Again, nobody said that.

I said his approach in the second half almost costed us points, and nothing else. Of course he wants to win, thats what hes extremely well paid for.

You think words and psychology have nothing to do with performance, that just shows you've never played a competitive football match.

Over the moon with the win and can only laugh my arse off at Arsenal's appeals. The first goal was not a foul, he played the ball before the tackle, it did not change the flow of the move at all and the 2nd was a pen all day. Why dive when you have an open goal? Did Szczesny appeal and moan at the decision? No he did not. Coulda been 4-0 at H/T but we held on just about.

Will write more tomorrow but so drunk atm i'm struggling to focus. GET IN!! Great win!

Jose knew how to shut up shop with a lead ,,it was annoying at times but rarely failed ,, Rafa must just tell them to sit back as a result we lose the initiative ,,,,as to praising Torres it made him sound as deluded as Wenger

Finally got round to posting...

1) Torres - lol epic fail again! I just watched 8 out of 10 cats deal no deal Xmas special and the deliciously sexy Rachel Riley said she had named her box Torres, as she was sure it was blue and worthless - good girl. I now want her more than ever :)

2) substitutions too slow again !!! Rafa FFS clean your glasses! Or fuck off to specsavers!!!!

3) Mata looked tired and got sloppy, should have been subbed for Marin - or someone sooner

4) Oscar doesn't work on the wing! Sigh...

5) game of 2 halves, lucky to hold on and hope it kick starts our home form again!

6) Spuds 4 points behind, nice Gap. Lets keep it !!!