Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

If our recent home record are anything to go by, this could turn out to be another dodgy game and us getting the wrong result.

Hopefully that doesn't happen because the win over Stoke will mean nothing if we don't win here. We simple can't afford to blow this like we did against QPR after beating Everton. Win this and we'll move 4 points clear of Spurs(4th) and potentially 7-10 points clear of Arsenal(depending what happens tomorrow against Man City). And it's also worth remembering that we have Arsenal at the Bridge next Sunday too. So, getting a win would be absolutely crucial.

If our recent home record are anything to go by, this could turn out to be another dodgy game and us getting the wrong result.

Hopefully that doesn't happen because the win over Stoke will mean nothing if we don't win here. We simple can't afford to blow this like we did against QPR after beating Everton. Win this and we'll move 4 points clear of Spurs(4th) and potentially 7-10 points clear of Arsenal(depending what happens tomorrow against Man City). And it's also worth remembering that we have Arsenal at the Bridge next Sunday too. So, getting a win would be absolutely crucial.

i strongly believe rafa has learnt his lessons,no more under rating of teams,and the leader is back!!

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we need too yet, he never really missed a game for newcastle and still was consistently good. Our schedule is a bit more hectic but he is used to playing europa on thursdays etc... For me i would play our best players then if we have a 2 goal advantage at some point then take him off for torres... Rather than playing fernando then possibly digging a whole for ourselve which means he has to come on to try and dig us out off anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Benitez starts both Torres and Ba for this one and then subs Ba off at the hour mark to bring on Marin.Torres will definitely get to play the whole game.

Another home game :fainthv9:

Our players need some mental strength, I'm tired of our bad shows at the bridge. I don't know if it is the boos in the bridge that make us lose there or we just prefer away games so that we can counter attack.

--------------------Cech-------------------------

Paulo--------Ivan-------Cahill-------Betrand

---------------Luiz------Lampard--------------

Ramires----------Oscar----------------Marin

--------------------Torres----------------------

:Goober:

Cech

Azpi Cahill Terry Bertrand

Luiz Oscar

Marin Mata Hazard

Ba

Four days between games mean we don't need to go overboard resting players, but it'd be nice to give the likes of Bertrand and Oscar run outs against Southampton.

But we're still not in a position to rest Mata in my opinion because he's simply too important. JT needs to get 90 minutes under his belt and Cahill had the weekend off (congrats :tophat: ). Ba needs to start because Torres simply does too much damage when he plays.

Lol it is crazy the amount of people on here who are stating Mata should be rested again. He did not even complete the whole 90 mins yesterday and we saw the consequences when he was on the bench against QPR. Then if we don't win the game with Mata on the bench, it will be the same people complaining who stated before the match that Mata should be rested. Obvious starter!

i strongly believe rafa has learnt his lessons,no more under rating of teams,and the leader is back!!

Not buying that excuse for Benitez. He has done that in the past with Liverpool resting players against smaller teams and have come unstuck.

If he has learned his lesson, he wouldn't have done so with us.