Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key notes from the Benitez press conference:

• Says we are doing well away. Says teams play deeper when we are at home so its more difficult to create chances, where as away teams try and play against us to win, so we have more space to make a difference with our players. Says we have to prepare differently and improve at home. Have to learn to play at home.
  • Have to keep winning games, and says that our statistics are improving and we need to see where we are in a few weeks.
  • Demba Ba is fine. Trained yesterday and today.
  • On Frank, says everyone knows he is playing well, and so is the team. And hopefully we can continue until the end of the season. Would be delighted if he can stay fit and beat Tamblings 202 record.
  • Re Lukaku: says he is doing well at WBA and it is important for him to get experience. Says 'never say never' in principle to recalling him, but its better for him to stay with WBA.
  • Agreement IS in place for Piazon to join Malaga until the end of the season.
  • Statistics show that the league is still the most physical.
  • No more injuries. JT is fine, but needs match fitness. Only Romeu, Mikel and Moses are out for the game.

Surprised to read some of the comments in this thread - I'm genuinely expecting a big win for Chelsea tonight. Not many teams put 4 goals past Stoke away from home and Southampton are a much weaker side. Chelsea to dominate in midfield and win the game comfortably for me.

Like I said earlier, this game is vital.

Could put us 4 clear of Spurs and fill us with confidence ahead of Arsenal. Would be really nice to pad our goal difference a bit if possible.

Hope we field our strongest possible lineup and really go for it and not pull a QPR.

Surprised to read some of the comments in this thread - I'm genuinely expecting a big win for Chelsea tonight. Not many teams put 4 goals past Stoke away from home and Southampton are a much weaker side. Chelsea to dominate in midfield and win the game comfortably for me.

People have learnt their lesson from the QPR game. :zip:

Tommorrow. :)

You are going to be very disappointed. Mainly because the match is tomorrow..

Oh gawd. Can we just please don't derail yet another thread with trivial posts?!

Isn't this post itself derailing the topic? :P

On topic, I'd like to see Torres start this one. We'll need Ba against Arsenal. They always struggle against a target man like him.