Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to choose one for each game, then yeah, Torres vs Soton and Ba vs Arse.

However, I think Ba can comfortably play both games.

We have the second leg against Swansea to come next Wednesday too by the way. Think I would rather have Torres face Southampton and then play Ba against Arsenal and Swansea especially when we face either Brentford or Southend in the FA Cup next weekend.

In short, play Torres against Southampton and Brentford/Southend and then Ba against Arsenal and Swansea.

We have the second leg against Swansea to come next Wednesday too by the way. Think I would rather have Torres face Southampton and then play Ba against Arsenal and Swansea especially when we face either Brentford or Southend in the FA Cup next weekend.

In short, play Torres against Southampton and Brentford/Southend and then Ba against Arsenal and Swansea.

To be fair, getting 3 points in this game is more important than trying to win by 3 goals at Swansea.

This is just my point of view, everyone has its priorities!

To be fair, getting 3 points in this game is more important than trying to win by 3 goals at Swansea.

That is just my view, anyone has their priorities!

I think you're absolutely spot on. Ba could probably do 60 minutes tomorrow and still be fine for Sunday. If he's suffering after that then he'll have to miss the Swansea game, but I could live with that. The league has to be the priority.

This is just my point of view, everyone has its priorities!

I said that in hope that we will get away with playing Torres tomorrow and get that win. AND as for the Swansea tie, I just do not want us to throw yet another chance to win a trophy this season. We may well get KOed but want to see us give a good go.

Edited by BluesMaster

I said that in hope that we will get away with playing Torres tomorrow and get that win. AND as for the Swansea tie, I just do not want us to throw yet another chance to win a trophy this season. We may well get KOed but want to see us give a good go.

Of course I want that, but it is only COC. Not really worth risking a 3rd spot (I hate playing the qualifying round).

I would pefer getting knocked out with Torres playing than with Ba........in a perfect world we will win tomorrow (evening, lol) and at Swansea.

Of course I want that, but it is only COC. Not really worth risking a 3rd spot (I hate playing the qualifying round)

I would pefer getting knocked out with Torres playing than with Ba........in a perfect world we will win tomorrow (evening, lol) and at Swansea.

True but we are more than capable of winning both games and progress in the Carling Cup. While playing Torres may create a problem for us, we also need to ensure that we take our chances when it comes. Too often this season we have not taken them and we ended up losing games, sometimes undeservedly.

True but we are more than capable of winning both games and progress in the Carling Cup. While playing Torres may create a problem for us, we also need to ensure that we take our chances when it comes. Too often this season we have not taken them and we ended up losing games, sometimes undeservedly.

I agree, but I wasnt expecting losses against QPR and Swansea and they happened.

I agree, but I wasnt expecting losses against QPR and Swansea and they happened.

Don't think anyone had expected that either but we shot ourselves in the foot on both occasions really. Dominated both games. Had some good chances but never take them and ended up giving goals away because of poor defensive play/lapses in concentration.

Don't think anyone had expected that either but we shot ourselves in the foot on both occasions really. Dominated both games. Had some good chances but never take them and ended up giving goals away because of poor defensive play/lapses in concentration.

So you agree that by playing Torres we might risk the same outcome?

So you agree that by playing Torres we might risk the same outcome?

I don't want Torres to play anymore of our games but he's gonna play some even if we all hate it. Can't do anything about it. All we gotta hope is when we do get the chances, we take them.

I don't want Torres to play anymore of our games but he's gonna play some even if we all hate it. Can't do anything about it. All we gotta hope is when we do get the chances, we take them.

Or we can hope that we finalise a swap deal with Falcao by the end of the transfer window. :eyebrows: