Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Not surprised at all. this is again a testament to our lack of creativity. If you feed quality/decent strikers, they are bound to put a couple away. that's basic rule of law of averages. And if we don't improve on our creativity, I won't be surprised if Costa flops. hope that won't be the case.

Are you basically saying that Besiktas have more creativiy than us? Because I don't think our problem is creativity. We have a lot of creative players such as Hazard and Oscar. I think our problem is that we lack in terms of attacking in general. We do have players who can do special things but I think its our attacking system that is causing problems.

BTW, I fucking love Ba.

First of all Oscar isn't a creative player. let's just get that out of the way.

You basically agreed with me . There's a clear difference between having creative players and being creative. football isn't played on paper. I don't even think it's debatable that we are not a creative team tbh.

we have been relying on individual brilliance for spark rather than a collective team effort as source of creativity for a long time and the only season in recent memory where you could say we played expansive,creative football was 09/10.

Amen brother...

We have the 'dither zone' (final 3rd - get there quickly then fuck it up - playing back and sideways )

Get behind the last defender !! Killer instinct is what we need... Not pussying around football ;)

Tbh Demba was one of my favorite players here when we signed him, mainly because of the whole strawberry syrup thing hahaha and the fact he scored that beauty vs City. Good to see him doing well albeit for a lesser club against a lesser team.

First of all Oscar isn't a creative player. let's just get that out of the way.

You basically agreed with me . There's a clear difference between having creative players and being creative. football isn't played on paper. I don't even think it's debatable that we are not a creative team tbh.

we have been relying on individual brilliance for spark rather than a collective team effort as source of creativity for a long time and the only season in recent memory where you could say we played expansive,creative football was 09/10.

Yep....its been a problem ever since AVB's sacking. And while its not an excuse for Torres, its no wonder the guy has been below par with the kind of service he's getting...

The positives now are that we've taken a step forward in fixing our issues in central midfield, and we now have a striker(s) that are not 100% dependent on a quality pass to create chances

Demba is a decent player, nothing new here. We all know it's an entirely different scenario at a top club like CFC. Glad to see he's doing well though.

I don't think it was really case of us being a better club...he (and for that matter, Torres) never suited our style of play.

And tbh, we didn't really have a style of play. We probably did have one during the first few months of the season, but Mourinho sacrificed it to allow for more solidity at the back,

I don't think it was really case of us being a better club...he (and for that matter, Torres) never suited our style of play.

And tbh, we didn't really have a style of play. We probably did have one during the first few months of the season, but Mourinho sacrificed it to allow for more solidity at the back,

That is also true. A combination of both tbh.

Yep....its been a problem ever since AVB's sacking. And while its not an excuse for Torres, its no wonder the guy has been below par with the kind of service he's getting...

The positives now are that we've taken a step forward in fixing our issues in central midfield, and we now have a striker(s) that are not 100% dependent on a quality pass to create chances

Perhaps not 100% but it's not far off. Every forward needs quality service; even the best around don't create the bulk of their own chances/goals. The problem with Torres is that he's a fundamentally poor footballer in almost every aspect. The 'lack of service excuse' doesn't wash with him.