Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

In 50 Substitute appearances Torres has had 2 goals

Demba Ba has 25 Substitute appearances he has scored 5 goals

The bad and the ugly... :) Actually the other way around.

If Ba is happy with being the 3rd option striker, then I'd call it a luxury and try to keep him even on somewhat high wages. He has shown commendable professionalism and dedication to the club. He has also scored important goals for the club, which makes the above numbers misleading.

However, if he demands to be, or for other reasons becomes, the 2nd or even first option for the striker position, then I'd be very worried indeed. For no other reason than that our opponents have far better options there.

Ba is just not good enough to play regularly for a top side. As an option, he can certainly score goals as a physical poacher. Same way say Andy Carrol can do it, but as a target man.

Pretty strong words from Demba Ba here: (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-demba-ba-confirms-3406434#ixzz2yiM9juiZ)

The 28-year-old said: “I’m looking to leave Chelsea. I want to play the full 90 minutes, get the maximum number of games and enjoy myself. I’ve not done that very much this season, and I doubt things will change for me here.

“I could well imagine myself at PSG. That is even though they have taken on a new dimension, and seem to be looking for international stars in the £50million bracket rather than steady ­performers costing £10m.

“But if PSG are looking for someone to play alongside Zlatan, then I’m their man.

“They will win the Champions League sooner or later, and not just the one time.

“Jose Mourinho has never ­explained his decisions to me. I am honestly surprised that I have been this patient. Earlier in my career I would have cracked up or blown a fuse.

“My friends Eden Hazard and Samuel Eto’o have been ­important. They told me not to give up.”

Ba added: “But Chelsea are at the top of the pyramid. If I leave them I mustn’t make a mistake.”

One thing that surprises me given Mourinho's man-management skills is how he often doesn't give players any reason as to why they've been dropped/are not playing (Mata, De Bruyne and Ba have all said this), which seems surprising because surely they'd appreciate being told how to improve and what he's looking for. Though this isn't always the case - e.g. telling Schurrle he needs to bulk up, and telling Salah that next season will be his breakthrough year because he needs to adapt. It seems that if Mourinho doesn't envisiage the player in his plans for the future he just ignores them. Rather harsh!

Pretty strong words from Demba Ba here: (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-demba-ba-confirms-3406434#ixzz2yiM9juiZ)

One thing that surprises me given Mourinho's man-management skills is how he often doesn't give players any reason as to why they've been dropped/are not playing (Mata, De Bruyne and Ba have all said this), which seems surprising because surely they'd appreciate being told how to improve and what he's looking for. Though this isn't always the case - e.g. telling Schurrle he needs to bulk up, and telling Salah that next season will be his breakthrough year because he needs to adapt. It seems that if Mourinho doesn't envisiage the player in his plans for the future he just ignores them. Rather harsh!

did this with KAKA too. maybe thats his way. though as you put it, thats harsh.

Exacty. I'm also a bit worried with this. But it's not as bad as AVB sending Alex and Malouda to youth team and completely ignoring them. I don't see any problem here. If I was manager, I would just tell Ba and everyone else who isn't playing, that they sadly don't suit my system and aren't in my future plans. I'd say that I will still give them playing time, so they have to take their opportunity and perform well to attract clubs to sign them.

They won't even let a player of Cavani's quality play alongside Ibrahimovic, so a player like Ba can forget about it.

Maybe he just mentioned them because he's a fan and they could easily pay his fairly sizable contract, because I don't think a club at Ba's level (Newcastle or Wolfsburg etc.) will pay £7m+ and 75k+ a week.

That's may well be true but what's more amazing is that most of the time, the players that got such treatment don't come out to talk about this situation in the media. Seems as though Mourinho is able to make them at least keep quiet even though he doesn't often play them.

If he wants to go to PSG, we can make Ba-Cavani switch :ph34r:

Ibra will be their main striker anyway (thats why Cavani wont like idea of playing on wing another season), they get money for Griezmann and also decent backup player in Ba (who would be more than good for 'average' french league. We get Cavani for 10mio less, Ba goes to club he likes. We all win.

If he keeps scoring, he might play himself into Jose's plans for next season - that would be amazing since it work require a goal scoring streak of 7 matches; something we've not seen from a striker at the club for a while

Total respect for this MAN. Proved that it doesn't matter who likes him or who doesn't, who believes and who has no faith in him. It all didn't matter. All he had to do was believe in himself, give it his best and what happens happens. Such character is what separates men from boys. Got the job done in PSG's game. Got the job done today. I don't care how pretty or ugly it is. Well done again.

Fair play to him. The goal was scrappy but he showed a lot more strength today than he has done previously which was one of my criticisms of him. Did well with his back to goal against Williams and probably deserves a start in the next one.

Did alright today. Held up the ball well to bring others into play and combine with them and also showed good strength as well. Scored a decent goal (despite the small deflection) and probably unlucky not to score a few more.