Corinthians v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rmpr, Corinthians that won the Brasileirao 2011, in the last games, had wins from turning back lost matches... The team is almost the same. The problem would be the emotional of the players... But if the mentality is alright, i disagree, i think that we can manage to overcome a bad score.

Guerrero is not that crazy player anymore... Lol, it would be funny if he were though. He could do even better if he didn't had some injuries and games for Peru.

And all attack? Loose the defence for attack? Lol, Rmpr, did you forget that our coach is Tite??

@Rmpr, Corinthians that won the Brasileirao 2011, in the last games, had wins from turning back lost matches... The team is almost the same. The problem would be the emotional of the players... But if the mentality is alright, i disagree, i think that we can manage to overcome a bad score.

I disagree, you havent played well since Libertadores.

If you guys manage a comeback I will be more than surprised. Of course anything could happen, but the only way I see you winning is by defending like hell and score 1 goal before Chelsea does (so you can use counter).

I disagree, you havent played well since Libertadores.

If you guys manage a comeback I will be more than surprised. Of course anything could happen, but the only way I see you winning is by defending like hell and score 1 goal before Chelsea does (so you can use counter).

Agree, the chance to win is making the goal with the golden chance, after a lot of defence. But i still believe that in the brasileirão, the players were without the "Faca entre os dentes", the feeling of competition. We started to have good games after being eliminated of the Paulistão. Hope that the playes take their full potential out of the pressure of facing Chelsea. We have Martinez, Emerson and Romarinho with good skills to break the normal game... Danilo and Guerrero in the area and Paulinho coming from behind. Still believe in a good day of Douglas. Even Edenilson is a great prospect, he is a hell of player.

All out attack after letting your guys make a goal? Loose the defence for attack? Lol, Rmpr, did you forget that our coach is Tite??

Agree, the chance to win is making the goal with the golden chance, after a lot of defence. But i still believe that in the brasileirão, the players were without the "Faca entre os dentes", the feeling of competition. We started to have good games after being eliminated of the Paulistão. Hope that the playes take their full potential out of the pressure of facing Chelsea. We have Martinez, Emerson and Romarinho with good skills to break the normal game... Danilo and Guerrero in the area and Paulinho coming from behind. Still believe in a good day of Douglas. Even Edenilson is a great prospect, he is a hell of player.

All out attack after letting your guys make a goal? Loose the defence for attack? Lol, Rmpr, did you forget that our coach is Tite??

LOL

Did you forget we are CFC?

Sorry mate, our players are much better and Tite does not play!

LOL

Did you forget we are CFC?

Sorry mate, our players are much better and Tite does not play!

Dude, i'm watching my love playing in a dream. Let me be blind a little! Hahaha!

I know that our players are worst than yours :cry: (Paulinho no, he is, at least, at the same level! Hahaa!)

The Tite thing, is that our coach is "Retranqueiro"(extremely defensive) lol! I know that he is not. Just joking that he will never ever put the team to be all ofensive lol

Internacional of Brazil won against Barcelona. São Paulo won gainst Liverpool, we can do this!! Yes we ca... oh wait, Liverpool? Whatahell is wrong with me, not that hard to win, sorry for the bad example :banghead:

xD

You are focusing too much on the negatives about him. The guy is a talented footballer and a real menace in front of goal.

Yeah, 49 league goals in 171 games. I think season in Brazil is about to end. Guerrero has scored an emphatic 6 goals. Another nice fact, Paolo Guerrero has scored more goals in Regionalliga Süd (German 4th division), than he has league goals to his name in 8 years of professional football. Best goalscorer ever. :ph34r:

You are focusing too much on the negatives about him. The guy is a talented footballer and a real menace in front of goal.

Disagree, he is definitely good, strong, has a okay sense of positioning, a awesome control and first touch while in pressure and of course a decent kick. Ah, he can also play a little outside of the area(at least here were the lines of defence are deeper and leave space between the defence and the midfield) with good tech and pass. But he is not the crazy cold killer that exales danger in the area. A good striker, but that's it, nothing that exceptional.

Barcus(Palmeiras) and Fred(Fluminense) are better than him.

I want to win this match as much as any....................but if I had to choose one win between the two games...it would have to be Leeds on Wednesday night. I don't think I could take it if those cunts turned us over. Would probably ruin my entire fucking festive period. I'm getting the hump now just thinking about it. That Spanish wanker had better not pick a reserve team against Leeds :wank2:

My observations on Corinthians:

1) Their attack of Guerrero, Martinez, Emerson and Liedson is not to be sneezed at. Guerrero's off-the-ball movement will need to be watched, while Martinez is both quick and tricky. Liedson is a good finisher, but Emerson presents the biggest threat. He's tricky, reasonably pacy, fairly creative as a second striker and has excellent movement and has excellent off-the-ball movement.

2) I therefore suggest a physical approach be taken against these guys, to exploit their relative lack of strength and in the case of Guerrero, a volatile temperament. If we get up Guerrero's nose enough, then he may act out and get himself sent off. There is a good chance Azpi will get beaten if forced to take on Martinez by himself, so he will need some defensive support. That should probably come from Mikel or even Moses if necessary - I don't really like the idea of dragging our CB's out of position.

3) Tite, like many Brazilian coaches, favors a 4-2-2, or the 'magic box' notoriously used by Wanderley Luxemburgo at Real Madrid. This formation can be hard to penetrate because of the two holding midfielders in front of the two centre backs and is a pretty good counter-attacking formation because of the two centre midfielders are free to move forward, but for wide they rely exclusively on the full-backs. Their full-backs aren't as impressive as their attack, so if you stop them from coming forward, Corinthians would therefore have no width and would see relatively little possession. It would therefore not surprise me if Benitez deployed Moses on one of the flanks. On the other hand, Benitez may choose to try and simple overwhelm their weaker defense by committing Mazacar and maybe even Luiz forward. That wouldn't surprise me, either - it would distract Paulinho from getting forward, at least.

4) Corinthians were surprisingly mediocre against a modest Al-Ahly side. They need to play (much) better than that to beat us.

We'll probably win this one easily , I'm not underestimating Corinthians but we are getting better and playing more like a unit now . Imo Rafa has done a incredible job so far , His direct play has got us firing , rotations have been good , He even gave Paulo some game time :getin: .

4-1 Chelsea :D

My observations on Corinthians:

1) Their attack of Guerrero, Martinez, Emerson and Liedson is not to be sneezed at. Guerrero's off-the-ball movement will need to be watched, while Martinez is both quick and tricky. Liedson is a good finisher, but Emerson presents the biggest threat. He's tricky, reasonably pacy, fairly creative as a second striker and has excellent movement and has excellent off-the-ball movement.

2) I therefore suggest a physical approach be taken against these guys, to exploit their relative lack of strength and in the case of Guerrero, a volatile temperament. If we get up Guerrero's nose enough, then he may act out and get himself sent off. There is a good chance Azpi will get beaten if forced to take on Martinez by himself, so he will need some defensive support. That should probably come from Mikel or even Moses if necessary - I don't really like the idea of dragging our CB's out of position.

3) Tite, like many Brazilian coaches, favors a 4-2-2, or the 'magic box' notoriously used by Wanderley Luxemburgo at Real Madrid. This formation can be hard to penetrate because of the two holding midfielders in front of the two centre backs and is a pretty good counter-attacking formation because of the two centre midfielders are free to move forward, but for wide they rely exclusively on the full-backs. Their full-backs aren't as impressive as their attack, so if you stop them from coming forward, Corinthians would therefore have no width and would see relatively little possession. It would therefore not surprise me if Benitez deployed Moses on one of the flanks. On the other hand, Benitez may choose to try and simple overwhelm their weaker defense by committing Mazacar and maybe even Luiz forward. That wouldn't surprise me, either - it would distract Paulinho from getting forward, at least.

4) Corinthians were surprisingly mediocre against a modest Al-Ahly side. They need to play (much) better than that to beat us.

Good view, respects... But, well, first, Liedson don't play for Corinthians anymore, he's a Flamengo player now.

2º Guerrero is not that player anymore, at least for now lol. He's been here since july and has been a player with good mentality, with everyone punching him and all.

3º Corinthians, with Tite, played more with a 4-2-3-1. That formation won the Brazilian Championship and the Libertadores(South American UCL). He also said yesterday, after watching Chelsea's match, that this formation might come back.

4º Corinthians winning? LOL Thanks mate, you're a cool guy! haha Almost impossible but we'll try! Chelsea is in another level. Corinthians played very bad that day, each player was unrecognizable.

But again, great view, In most cases, when i ask to foreign people, they know nothing about brazilian football.

Good view, respects... But, well, first, Liedson don't play for Corinthians anymore, he's a Flamengo player now.

2º Guerrero is not that player anymore, at least for now lol. He's been here since july and has been a player with good mentality, with everyone punching him and all.

3º Corinthians, with Tite, played more with a 4-2-3-1. That formation won the Brazilian Championship and the Libertadores(South American UCL). He also said yesterday, after watching Chelsea's match, that this formation might come back.

4º Corinthians winning? LOL Thanks mate, you're a cool guy! haha Almost impossible but we'll try! Chelsea is in another level. Corinthians played very bad that day, each player was unrecognizable.

But again, great view, In most cases, when i ask to foreign people, they don't know nothing about brazilian football.

IF they don't know nothing ....they must know something or even everything :D